Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:00 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

If you do, there are 3 documentaries on the list right now that I encourage you to watch. One is Baghdad ER, one is Last Letters Home, and the other is Alive Days. I have 4 brother in-laws in the Army, Toxic, if you remember him a while back in Splak just started his first tour. He left this past weekend and is probably in Kuwait starting his training before he goes to Iraq in a few weeks. His twin is in between tours right now and is based in New York at Fort Drum. My wife's 2 older brothers are back and forth between here and there, one is an Airborne Ranger in Special forces, which pretty much means he's one fucking hell of a sniper, and the other one is a big math genius who is called a "fister" which means he calls in the locations on where to send air support bombers.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum on the Medical side of things, and watching these 3 documentaries makes me want to work in the ER only because it's the only job I think I could do well if I went over there. I won't ever join the military simply because i swore to my wife and my mother-in-law that I wouldn't leave Amber (my wife) here to go there.

But anyways, if you have HBO On-Demand, take advantage of it while these documentaries are still viewable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:43 pm 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

i have my best friends 2 brothers over there, and my best friend is leaving the day after thanksgiving, all serving their second tour.

All 3 are in the Army,

Michael, my best friend is 26 and already a Captain, hoping to be Major by the time he makes it back. Thats insanely unheard of. He'll be over 100+ soldiers most of which will be older than him. He's the guy who clears the air above the fisters coordinates, making sure that nothing will be in or around the area that the "insert weapons here" are going.

I could only imagine the decision making process there being INSANE. Having to factor in where everything is in land and sky, collateral damage, human loss etc.

He's pretty damned smart though and a GREAT human being...so i have full faith in him.

bob wrote:
Sorry,

my brother called you a retard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:44 am 
OmG H4x !!!111one!!eleventyone!

bob wrote:
i have my best friends 2 brothers over there, and my best friend is leaving the day after thanksgiving, all serving their second tour.

All 3 are in the Army,

Michael, my best friend is 26 and already a Captain, hoping to be Major by the time he makes it back. Thats insanely unheard of. He'll be over 100+ soldiers most of which will be older than him. He's the guy who clears the air above the fisters coordinates, making sure that nothing will be in or around the area that the "insert weapons here" are going.

I could only imagine the decision making process there being INSANE. Having to factor in where everything is in land and sky, collateral damage, human loss etc.

He's pretty damned smart though and a GREAT human being...so i have full faith in him.

thats really awesome. it sucks that hes gonna leave though. tell him we all give him luck and our love. he a brave dude. im so fuckin scared of war, but i might consider joining the army and being a sniper in like 10 years (cause im only 13)

Silverstein is the best band EVER!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:09 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

It takes alot of natural ability and instinct to become a sniper in an actual war. there's a much higher chance that if you join, they'll TELL you what you're gonna be. You take aptitude tests and the ASVAB and they put you in sectors that they need to fill up, unless you score really fucking high. then you have a bit more choices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:13 pm 
The British One
The British One

Yeah, there most likely tell you what your going to be.

In the UK, I went to this Army Training Day with my school, and they said that we can tell them what we wanna' be, but they will put you where you belong from Fitness Tests, and stuff.

I can't be in the army anymore I think, because of asthma, and fitness lol

[Recruitment Moderator and Co-Recruiter]
Got any questions? PM me and i'll try and help.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:01 pm 
Head Cheerleader

Speaking of the ASVAB, I took it for shits and giggles in highschool, made an 87 or something (Extremely high on the scale).. Said I could go into any branch I wanted. I had the navy calling me to be on a nuclear sub a few months ago.

Friend's in the airforce right now, doin' one of the most dangerous jobs (refuiling the planes).. He's gonna be a prime target :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:55 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

don't know much about the AF. whats so dangerous about refuiling planes? he a pilot that refuels in the air or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:26 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

Penguin wrote:
Speaking of the ASVAB, I took it for shits and giggles in highschool, made an 87 or something (Extremely high on the scale).. Said I could go into any branch I wanted. I had the navy calling me to be on a nuclear sub a few months ago.

Wow that's really impressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:52 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

Yeah, I could never be a soldier. There are some people that just have the guts, the will power, and the steel; but not me. Man, I'd come back all messed up if I even came back. I know that. War's not for me man.

My father is a disabled veteran. 100%. And he still has PTSD from the shit he saw. (AF)

It's kinda like fight club. First rule about recruitment, don't talk about recruitment. 2nd rule is do NOT talk about recruitment.

Reaper wrote:
PAIL 2 DA MAX!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:39 pm 
Chuck Norris' Nuts (All 5 Of Them)

AWOL Soldier wrote:
My father is a disabled veteran. 100%. And he still has PTSD from the shit he saw. (AF)

Whats PTSD?

Well it doesnt sound good to have.

<3Sexi_Lexi<3 wrote:
She is officially a member of the Itty bitty titty committee.

"Who controls the present controls the past. And, who controls the past controls the future" - George Orwell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:55 am 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Pepto, care to explain this one? I'm sure you have a better description for it than I do.

It's kinda like fight club. First rule about recruitment, don't talk about recruitment. 2nd rule is do NOT talk about recruitment.

Reaper wrote:
PAIL 2 DA MAX!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:19 am 
Chuck Norris' Nuts (All 5 Of Them)

AWOL Soldier wrote:
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Ah i see.

<3Sexi_Lexi<3 wrote:
She is officially a member of the Itty bitty titty committee.

"Who controls the present controls the past. And, who controls the past controls the future" - George Orwell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:52 pm 
of the Four Horsemen.
of the Four Horsemen.

the word itself is pretty self-explanatory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:20 pm 
1337 Hooker

PePTo wrote:
don't know much about the AF. whats so dangerous about refuiling planes? he a pilot that refuels in the air or what?
yeah they refuel the planes in the air so they can travel farther and stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:33 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Element

I know thats one of the refueling jobs, I just don't know if thats what Peng's Friend does exactly. Care to Clarify, Peng?