Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:22 pm 
Chuck Norris' Beard

You can also make beer btw but if it was legalize there wouldnt be a point of buying it from a drug dealer. you would be taking down the underground drug smuggling. You would be also saving a shit load of money, instead of putting drug addicts in jail.

"He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic..."

After I'm gone your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:15 pm 
Splakking Spree

cornholio wrote:
instead of putting drug addicts in jail.

its not the addicts that i want out of jail, its the people who get prosecuted for having a documented medical problem or disability or the people who understand that moderation in all things is good (but your on the right track cornholio). People who need medicine shoulndt be deprived of that, if you had something wrong with you, that could be remedied by marijuana but the only reason you werent able to get the medication is because of the stigma thats placed on it by society and the government (brings back memories of prohibition). there is documated proof that this plant has medicinal uses, researched by the government that is outlawing this plant (and its flowering tops). Not only the canabis sativa, but the canabis of a THC free strain has benifits to our environment. It is the most easily renewable resource we have on this planet. taking weeks instead of years to cultivate to produce paper or textile's, and instead of taking millions of years to create fossil fuels, we can produce hempseed oil that produces 75% less ozone depleteing emmisions.

ColeLT1 - Wyatt talked like that before it was cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:03 pm 
Chuck Norris' Beard

argh with the medical argument. Yes is true that it could be use for medical uses, but a bunch of people will lie to just get high. Tax the shit out of it and put regulations on it, EX dont smoke and drive, etc.

"He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic..."

After I'm gone your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:30 pm 
Splakking Spree

cornholio wrote:
argh with the medical argument. Yes is true that it could be use for medical uses, but a bunch of people will lie to just get high. Tax the shit out of it and put regulations on it, EX dont smoke and drive, etc.

of course people could just lie to get "high", but people lie about their age to purchase alcohol and tobacco yet it is still taxed. alcohol has no medical purpose, nor does tobacco. in fact, alcohol and tobacco have caused more deaths than marijuana, but is it made illegal? YES, for people of a certain age. and that age limit has been set to that people of a responsable age to consume. Given that marijuana has no toxicity level in the human body, but alcohol and other perscription drugs do, dont you think that its safer than alcohol or perscription drugs? A study done in Europe (where the highest potency of marijuana is available) showed that it is in fact harder to drive under the influence of alcohol than marijuana. Being a marijuana smoker myself, i personally agree with the results, though i might have a more biased opinion. The use of anything, controlled or not by the government, is up to the person using it. If they should so choose to drive while drunk, or while "high" thats a decision they made( be it a poor one or not, and given that marijuana causes slight paranoia and alcohol causes a person to make poorer decisions, the chances that a peson would make a poor decision while high would be greatly reduced(because they would be more aware of the chances of getting in an accident).

i dont condone driving while impared but i would trust a person who's just smoked a joint as opposed to someone who's had a "few drinks". thats just my opinion. others might feel differently given their expierences with marijuana. some people just cant hold their smoke, and some people just cant hold their drink.

and please guys, dont let my opinions on this matter discourage you from have friendly encounters with me in-game, im genuinely a good guy. I only bring this subject up if it is brought up, or if i make a post about it :wink: Aside from what i believe in, you wouldnt be able to tell im a smoker if you had a casual conversation with me. so please guys, dont just bash me later on when im playing or if im in another thread. Respect is mutual.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:03 am 
Chuck Norris' Beard

Blah, I wont read that because is too damn long, but I did skim it. I do agree that Alcohol and tobacco is far worse than weed (I even said it in another post) and I by far agree that the government shouldn't tell you what you can or cant do with your body (includes prostitution). I also agree that it should have regulations just like alcohol does. If its legalize (which I'm never seen it happening), It would be harder to sell to minors and so for.

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:36 am 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

Stonedar420

I mostly disagree with your statement about driving with someone high rather than drunk. Marijuana does more than make you paranoid. For lack of any better terms, I'll use this; It makes you "more relaxed, free, easy going"...And smoke enough of it, and I know that you won't remember half/very much at all of what you've done. Driving while high is a bad idea, and just because you're more paranoid while high does not mean that you're rational too. Sorry, I just don't think that's plausible.

Also, in my own opinion(call me a cynic), there are far more people in America willing to abuse Marijuana than there is people who know how to handle it responsibly. And there are far more kids who would want to do shitloads just to get sky-high than there are kids who would use it to "relax" after that tough exam...

Also, I don't know what you've heard, but I live in a fairly small city, and I here about kids getting high and doing stupid shit ALL THE TIME. I can only imagine how it is in bigger cities. I can't say I'd be enthused about the increase in "stupid acts" by punks.

Keep in mind; I am only providing a one sided arguement here for a reason. I don't wish to deny the other side so much, but merely make known the horribly negative side. Very well known. I know there are some optimistic outlooks to this whole thing, but I just had to state my opinion.(It was welling up inside me. I was gonna explode)

And no worries, I won't consider you a "bad guy" in the pub or w/e. This is a mature discussion in the forums.

It's kinda like fight club. First rule about recruitment, don't talk about recruitment. 2nd rule is do NOT talk about recruitment.

Reaper wrote:
PAIL 2 DA MAX!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:37 pm 
OmG H4x !!!111one!!eleventyone!

VMAN wrote:
drugs=bad!

word up bro. but if doctors wanna use it for "medicine only" then they should be aloud.

Silverstein is the best band EVER!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:25 pm 
Splakking Spree

illestassassin11 wrote:
VMAN wrote:
drugs=bad!

word up bro. but if doctors wanna use it for "medicine only" then they should be aloud.

can i get an amen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:56 pm 
1337 Hooker

Driving under the influenece is bad, really bad. I know some people very close that lost a loved one because of it, as well as a person who is crippled do to riding with someone who was HIGH. it's not any better, because they are both bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:05 pm 
of the Four Horsemen.
of the Four Horsemen.

Actually AWOL, the only effects Marijuana really does on your driving is make you drive slower. Theres plenty of research and tests on how if your high, your safe. Plus I've never known or herd of a case of a car accident/crash because the driver was stoned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:01 am 
Pwn Noobies, GG

I was wondering when there would be a topic about weed on the forums. Wyatt, you have to be more active than this!

Im pretty mellow about topics like these, so I dont have an opinion. But change may turn out to be a good thing. GL with your stuff Stonedar420.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:57 am 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

Display wrote:
Actually AWOL, the only effects Marijuana really does on your driving is make you drive slower. Theres plenty of research and tests on how if your high, your safe. Plus I've never known or herd of a case of a car accident/crash because the driver was stoned.

Look, everyone says they find studies that say this, and say that, and some say the other thing. The fact is, no one has come up with a definite answer as to what's considered "Safe" while driving impaired. Driving while high means you are driving impaired, and just because you're "more paranoid" doesn't mean you're applying that paranoia to rational thought. Also, just because you're driving slower doesn't mean you're seeing everything.

You can get so high that you don't know what you're doing. And I wouldn't trust someone who is high to drive a car. Not for two seconds. Not anymore than a drunk person.

And I HAVE heard of someone causing an accident while high. I've heard of it three times so far in just my local area.(Which is small, being Maine.)

Guys, I hate to be the one to point this out, but there are ALOT of studies done on all of this. And all of them say different things. I won't trust anything that's said because "this study says---."

It's kinda like fight club. First rule about recruitment, don't talk about recruitment. 2nd rule is do NOT talk about recruitment.

Reaper wrote:
PAIL 2 DA MAX!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:09 pm 
Splakking Spree

agree'd AWOL that its hard to say what would have a definite effect on a person, considering that alcohol and marijuana affect people differently. It is however, more rediculious for the government to try and place the stigma that "marijuana turns people into mindless zombie's"(quite the contrary for me and my Norml friends), or that people "become violent under its influence"(again quite the contrary for me and my Norml friends) .

As for the accident that you can relate to being high, was marijuana the only thing involved, or was there other factors like weather, visibility, the driving skill of the indivudual or even alcohol. I agree that driving while high isnt entirely safe, but ive noticed myself driving slower, or being extra cautious.(i personally make my wife drive when i am). Also, was the driver GETTING high, or WAS high when the accident happened? The deprivation of oxygen that happens when smoking anything could have effected his driving, but once a person's oxygen levels have stabalized and breathing is regulated, the lightheaded feeling goes quickly. (Just some things ive considered while smoking and driving when i was younger.) Now that im older and have many more responsiblitys i dont smoke while driving, or at least 10-15 min before driving. The tolerance ive built up over the past 10 years may have something to do with the the immediate effects, its hard to give a defenite answer to that. But its kind of like a rollercoaster, the effects peak quickly then level off at a moderate level.(at least they do for me) and given that i have roughly <10% body fat, thc effects me quite quickly and doesnt linger in my body, because THC is metabolised and stored in fatty cells.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:13 pm 
Chuck Norris' Beard

Its funny, every time somebody says theres studies that say this, theres probably studies that say the opposite. The thing is pretty obvious, don't fucking drive when your high or drunk.

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:16 pm 
Splakking Spree

cornholio wrote:
Its funny, every time somebody says theres studies that say this, theres probably studies that say the opposite. The thing is pretty obvious, don't fucking drive when your high or drunk.

id rephrase that, "dont drive while impared."