Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:40 pm 
OmG H4x !!!111one!!eleventyone!

If you want fast go with a 5.0 mustang, its a cheap V8 with a five speed and positive traction so you will be burning both of those tires,
So far as gas go for a 1999 Honda Civic LX cause they're easy to find
and dirt cheap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:21 pm 
Head Cheerleader

I bought a 96' Honda Civic for 3600 bucks.

It's awesome. Pretty sporty and just tinted the windows.

[quote="
.:Splak|DorkyGurl [boatsN'hoes]"]
no im a 40 year old flaming homosexual! [/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:55 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Vulture wrote:
becareful with mid to late hondas. some have bad trannys. My sisters accord went out i think for the second or third time. Do a carfax search before you buy any car.

Indeed. My friend with a 94 prelude with the 2.3L 160hp non-vetec, blew his trans on that engine, put a v-tech trans in it, closer gear ratios and supposed to be stronger. Then he blew the engine just driving down the interstate (commuting back to college after a holiday), timing belt broke at like 80k miles lol, sent the valves into the pistons, total loss. Got a used (from japan) 50k-ish JDMH22 for cheap, had it in the 220hp range, blew another trans, gave the car to his brother, who blew another trans.

I don't have to work tomorrow, so I have some time to give all of this...

Ok, here is my experience, yous may differ, but this is what I know. These cars were just not meant to be driven the way we dove (as teenagers). Drag strips, street races, blah blah. If you want a car that you can actually race on some weekends (street race, drag strip, or just drive around like a jackass) and wont just fall apart... Get you a old foxbody mustang GT. It had a 225hp and 300ftlbs torque in the later years (87-93)
http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd33 ... ang009.jpg

Ugly as shit but not 1 single car can match how quick of a car you can have for cheap since it was made, if you get lucky you can find a 94/95, it has a sn95 body, so doesnt look quite like 80s garbage, has the same 5.0 engine in it (final year).

You can tell the difference between the 95, and the 96 (with the garbage 4.6L) by looking at the rear taillights. The 95 have a horizontal cut design, the 96+ they are vertical. By 99 they got some bugs worked out of the head design and got it from a laughable 215hp to an "ok" 260.

Then there was the (what most consider) the best modern mustang made, the 03/04 cobra, known as the blower cobra. Under-rated at 390hp and 390torque (most put down close to 390 at the wheels, so more like 440engine hp). The engines are bulletproof stock, and can plenty. There are simple pulley mods (just replace the supercharger pulley) and now you have 500horsepower, exhaust is already 3inch, replace the mufflers, and get a tune, 550hp easily. I have met so many people that took those cars, did 1grand worth of mods, and they fucking run 10second quarters, but they get nasty wheel hop due to independent rear suspension, some people even swap in the old live axle setup, but that's the track, on the street they are fucking ridiculous. Put a whipple charger, get 680hp, go twin turbos 750 on the stock engine, build a better engine 1200hp+. No car out there can top this sound (and its the same setup except a 5.4L version in the Ford GT supercar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIvpNt0ovVs

All that being said, I have never owned one, but I would like a 03/04 cobra, and besides the cobra they can't turn for shit (and the cobra isnt that great handling).

If you still want a budget car that will haul ass but the cobra is out of your price range, or you just cant find a good one, they didn't make many, I suggest an fbody.

If you want to go cheap, the LT1 is now an old car (93-97) but are still better than any mustang (excluding the 03/04 cobra). They are lighter, they turn better, they have better engines, stronger (T56) trans, the same transmission that is in the 03/04 cobra, the 92-96 corvette, the viper, the aston martin, etc. They have 285hp/325torque.

Then they build the LS series, what most consider to be the best $/performance engine ever made. The LS1 (first one) made up to 325hp stock rating, but more like 350hp.

The LT1 engines were bulletproof, and great starting platforms like the 5.0 mustang. With a few common mods (CAI, catback exhaust) they can be in the 320hp range. If you invest about 4grand into one, you will have a very fast car. I did a head/cam kit, converted the car to a LT4 setup, about 2000 for the total packing, including injectors. Got a tune, put on headers, and a 150 shot of nitrous. Also had an LS1 aluminum driveshaft, full ignition boxes and N2O controller, Strut tower brace, torque arm, subframe connectors, lower control arms, etc. Easily made 600hp, and turned almost as well as my Z06 vette, but was more fun to drive. The vette just looked better and could handle a turn until you got to scared to go any faster, but my car off the nitrous could still beat the 405hp Z06 and flat out drag racing and roll ons. All this at a laughable 14mpg city, but nice 27mpg interstate (the cam kit made city drive a pain).

The LS1 camaro was even easier to mod, and netted 500+hp just off a head/cam swap, do the same things I did to mine, and you will have 700hp instead of 600.

The LS2/3/6/7/9 have all been in the vetted (except the 2 was in the later GTO's and a few other random cars like a special hhr or something).

I am not a fan of the new camaros, not worth the money IMO, and the whole retro thing already getting played out.

The point is, if you even do a few cheap mods to the fbody, it will open up the car, run strong, and not fucking fall apart on you. Mine was all modded out, and I was on the stock everything (that I did not replace for more horsepower) with 140k hard hard miles. The problem is trying to find one not abused. If you can find one that is in great shape and low mile, go for it, but they are just getting too hard to find. I feel sorry for whoever got mine, it had a possible bent input shaft and was blow up clutches left and right.

All that being said, I drive a fucking honda accord, and I want a G37 (in the next year or 2). Once you get my age, you need something that will get you to work, and be able to do long road trips with some packing room, some gas milage, and no worries that the last mod you did, doesn't fall off or something (cough cough driveshaft going 150mph, hinse the bent inputshaft). I would love to own a 03/04 cobra, but they just cost too much, and I got tired of cars, bikes are so much cheaper, a blower cobra will cost you more in the end than a cheap car, a daily driver bike, and a race bike.

One day I will have another "Toy." How about a 69 camaro, 02SS, a 03/04 cobra, another Z06 vette, or maybe a ford GT:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopos ... FordGT.jpg

Or if you dont care about speed, buy a honda or something, whatever you think looks the best, and if you dont fuck with it, it will last forever. Just don't buy a prelude and try to race it, shit fill constantly go wrong and it cost 3x as much to make it almost keep up a fbody that cost the same.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:34 am 
Splakking Spree

if you're gunna get a car. go all out baby!

you laugh, but i get the same gas mileage that cole gets on his bike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:37 am 

Oh yeah. 30mpg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:39 am 

But Cole the 5.0 I'm talking about has 380 HP
Costs him $2,000 using nice used parts and still
Blisters my 260 horse 300 Pounds of Torque Mustang V6,
His 5.0 has about 50,000 miles and still runs great and strong.
In his price range its either speed or gas and last.
If you want a mustang with decent power and that will last
the 2002 mustangs are selling for around $6,000- $8,000
depending on the mileage and its a positive traction
V8 and depending what you like they come in a 5 speed or
an automatic.
And the 1995 Mustangs were not 5.0's I try to tell
everyone that but they will not believe me, the 1995 mustangs
were 4.9's with 215 hp and 285 pounds of torque. And they had many recall's.
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/1995/for ... index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:56 am 
Pwn Noobies, GG

LMAO James what v6 mustang has 260hp/300tq...a STOCK v6 mustang from 2001 is 193 BASE horsepower...probably around 170 to the wheels...and you have nowhere NEAR 300tq :| ... My good friend has a V6 mustang 1999 which he tastefully modded. Full intake, Headers, Exhaust, ECU Chip, Short Throw, and he still dyno's at like 200hp to the wheels...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:25 pm 

Mines a 2008 V6 Magnaflow exhaust Diablo chip KN cold air, 93 octane. My 4.0 will blow your friends 3.8 away.
It came stock with 210 Horsepower and 240 pounds of torque stock.
Your friends is a 3.8 and mine is a 4.0 and new. Ill upload some pics.

The chip programmed 30 extra HP and POT - so 240 HP and 270 POT

Full magnaflow exhaust extra 15 HP and POT - 255 HP and 285 POT

KN custom Cold Air That I made 15 HP and POT - 270 HP and 300 POT

So actualy I under estimated by 10 horsepower my bad.

I know these are not exact estimants and could be more or less

I just know my mustang put out at 6,000 RPM's which is
over the redline when I shift with my T-shifter Im putting out at least 260
horses. And putting out atleast around 280 -300+ POT at 3- 4 gran of RPM's

HP- Horse Power
POT= Pounds of Torque

If you live anywere around Chattanooga TN and you really
want to race V6's I race at brainerd optimist and race mostly
V8's 305 and 350's in an eighth mile drag and smoke other
V6's for breakfast. Not to brag but my car is fast and does
not have the 115 speed limiter that most mustangs have
and have had the car up to 145 driving right next to my
dad's BMW 335i. I'm not trying to brag and hope I don't offend
anyone like I did last time talking about my car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:43 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

All I have to say is

THERES NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT.

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:19 pm 
Splakking Spree

if u can find it cheap i advise you to get a Rolls Royce Drophead Coupè

^LOL
wonderbread wrote:
Randy wrote:
If you jailbreak it why would you need to buy guns?

wtf?

The Smashing Pumpkins wrote:
"If there is a god, I know he loves to rock"

Quote:
"Are you an illusion, or am I just getting stoned?"

Quote:
I’m gonna give you to the count of 10, to get your ugly, yellow no good kiesta off my property, before I pump your guts full of led!–Angels with Dirty Faces

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:22 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

Crucial wrote:
All I have to say is

THERES NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT.

:twisted:

unless theres a turbo in your basement

But yea im all for v8s my first car was a 91 z28 with the 305 n 700r4 trans it was quick but now im rockin a 04 VW jetta 1.8t with 3 in dp no cat 2.5 in cutom magnaflow exhaust and a short ram intake n ive kept with a 98 cobra N to top that i dont have 1st gear (blew 1-2 syncro) Once i get it fixed illb e faster cause im getting a stage 1 clutch/flywheel combo that will let me rev faster, stock flywheel is 22lbs lightweight one with kit is 14. Im not supporting the VW cause their trannys suck ass my car only has 58k miles. Dont get a honda thier just gay n if u get a mustang dont get one of the early 4.6s their slow as shit. Anything can be to much for a new driver tho i spun my old z out so many times when i first got it. Anyone that thinks intake n exhaust add that much horsepower like james bond was saying is full of shit ull get mabye 5 they claim so much so u buy, this is even more true on NA engines turbo motors respond much better to intakes or exhausts cause with turbo u dont want as much backpressure. it ur mustangs prolly barely putting 200 to the wheels v6s are shit n u dont ahve any tourqe i beat those new mustang 6s all day with my old z n i only had 205 hp but i had 300 lbs. I dont mean to sound like a dick its the truth lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:20 pm 

I don't like to argue or really call peoples ideas full of shit
because I find it disrespectful.
Also my mustang does burnouts through third gear and almost
to fourth. I have no ideas why you think you can get on and just
tell me I'm full of shit when I read what the sites tell me on their dyno sheets. It's not my fault you think they lied to me.

All I can say is I can murder a 305 and a 350,
cold air intakes and programmers can work together add an extra 50 horse power.

And as far as honda's - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUFFudEJnjk

And as far as V6's are this is what I might get on mine
or I might go trade in for a 03 svt cobra and slap a kenne bell on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dSOcuHM ... re=related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:51 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

I used to have a STOCK 2006 Accord K24a1 (160hp 166tq) FOUR DOOR...and I would still walk all over a stock 2006 mustang V6 lol I mean seriously I believe that you have mods but if my stock grocery getter is whoopin your stock v6 I cant really imagine light mods putting you up that much... Im just saying talk is cheap because I walk all over modded V6's in my Corrado and my Durango... I dont race anymore UNLESS its a modded V6 mustang or a ricey civic just to show them my soccer mom durango will spank them.. If you are that fast then show me some time slips or maybe record you spanking a 350 like you claim :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:41 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

JamesBond wrote:
I don't like to argue or really call peoples ideas full of shit
because I find it disrespectful.
Also my mustang does burnouts through third gear and almost
to fourth. I have no ideas why you think you can get on and just
tell me I'm full of shit when I read what the sites tell me on their dyno sheets. It's not my fault you think they lied to me.

All I can say is I can murder a 305 and a 350,
cold air intakes and programmers can work together add an extra 50 horse power.

And as far as honda's - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUFFudEJnjk

And as far as V6's are this is what I might get on mine
or I might go trade in for a 03 svt cobra and slap a kenne bell on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dSOcuHM ... re=related

I didnt mean to sound disrespect full im just saying that they all say stuff that isnt exactly right. Ive always been told dont beleive what ppl tell ya, and i found it true magnaflow had a dyno sheet on the box for the muffler i bought for my jetta that said a 1.8t with that muffler gaind 13 hp an 20 lbs or somin like that it barley changed. I might have gotten that with my 3in dp n stuff but that wasnt true. sorry if i sounded disrespectfull didnt mean it. But i did shit on a newer v6 once with my 305 it was funny as hell he was talkin so much shit n that he had so much power then we raced n when i puled off the redlight spinning right next to him pulling ahead he was soo pissed that was the first time that thing spun 2nd n it was auto haha. That guy was so pissed when a $3200 car beat his $20000 car n that mine was auto. I miss that thing it handeled good as shit to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:09 am 
Head Cheerleader

im gettin a 89-93 mitsubishi from a friend for 400 dollars it has a running engine but it smokes really bad, im gonna invest alot over time into it, so suggestions on it?

im keeping my grandvitara 2001 just for regular driving around and by the middle of my junior year( ima sophmore) i plan on getting a 94-2000 camaro or something else cool.

thoughts?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next