Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Short Stories
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:23 am 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

Below is a link that leads you to a directory in the forums where you can find some of my short stories. These stories were created for my Creative Writing class, which dictates that because it is creative writing, some of the rules can be broken. I'm posting these so that people who are interested can take a look, enjoy, and hopefully comment on them here in this thread.

The first story, "At Peace", is about a garage junky with a bad past. His past is filled with violence, but all of the details are to be filled in later. Jack, the main character, is downright stubborn when refusing to talk about his past. He's also got a knack for starting fights. And finishing them.

The next, "In His Image", is about a disaster that happens on Earth in the very near future. This disaster "corrupts" certain people, who then go insane and start killing others. Some people are corrupted as well, by the ones who were the original corrupted.(No, this is not a zombie story, I'm just trying not to give away too many details.) It is from the Point of View of the narrator, who is in the process of being corrupted. In essence, he is witnessing the Apocalypse.

I know that I broke many, many rules along the way. I did that on purpose. Alot of the time it was for emphasis on certain things. I know that grammar, spelling, etc needs work. I'll fix all that later. I also know that there are a few literary devices that I might have messed with, but those are the rules that I'm talking about, which I broke.

So again, please enjoy. This is for people who are interested and have some free time. I'd really enjoy reading your comments, so please leave as many as possible. And please, be in depth with your feedback, if you please. "Good story" isn't very good feedback.

Thanks guys!

http://www.splak.net/fbody/splak/awol/

P.S. I will be sending more of the same, as well as some new ones, to Stack later on. So hopefully updates to the directory will happen, and there will be more. I'll post when this sort of thing occurs.

It's kinda like fight club. First rule about recruitment, don't talk about recruitment. 2nd rule is do NOT talk about recruitment.

Reaper wrote:
PAIL 2 DA MAX!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:08 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Read the first one. You're one hell of a writer.

I'll read the second soon. Keep it up, you're good at it.

If you like reading, may I suggest the Bob Lee Swagger Series by Stephen Hunter (the character basis for "Shooter", which wasnt that great of a movie at all). Same sort of hard-ass persona that I love reading. The books are fucking awesome. Titles include:

* 1980 The Master Sniper
* 1982 The Second Saladin
1985 Tapestry of Spies
1989 The Day Before Midnight
* 1993 Point of Impact
* 1994 Dirty White Boys
* 1996 Black Light
* 1998 Time to Hunt
* 2000 Hot Springs
* 2001 Pale Horse Coming
* 2003 Havana
2007 The 47th Samurai

I've read all of the ones with stars next to them. If I could Suggest one to start with, it would probably be Point of Impact or Hot Springs. Pale Horse Coming is based on a down-south Mississippi black-prison. He's the only white guy that gets stuck in the prison besides the guards, and the place is run by the definition of white-rednecks. It doesn't tell too much of the story of Bob Lee, his war stories are better read first, but PHC was definitely one of my top fav's. Seriously read the first 3-4 chapters and you'll be hooked, I guarantee you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:08 pm 

Hey thanks. I'm always looking for new book series to read.(And yes, I'm a picky reader, so I ONLY read book SERIES, because otherwise I don't get my moneys worth.)

Also, I appreciate your comments. It means a lot to me that as a young writer, an adult approves. I really appreciate it. :)

It's kinda like fight club. First rule about recruitment, don't talk about recruitment. 2nd rule is do NOT talk about recruitment.

Reaper wrote:
PAIL 2 DA MAX!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:42 pm 
Chuck Norris' Beard

I couldn't read them, its in a weird format.

"He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic..."

After I'm gone your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:49 pm 

So go through it and change it into a recognizable format? It's not my fault the format screwed up in the process. I know the format is right when I type it. (Otherwise my teacher wouldn't be able to read it either)

Reaper wrote:
PAIL 2 DA MAX!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:04 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

its in word processor format. just post the stories in this window, awol. minus the double spacing of course..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:08 pm 

What window? You mean in a post? Cause that would be REEEAAALLY long...Anyways, doesn't this thing have a max limit of characters or something? It'd be so damn hard to keep posting bits and pieces... :cry:

Reaper wrote:
PAIL 2 DA MAX!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:17 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

shouldnt. maybe make a new post for each story. give you more seperate comment areas. if it gives you trouble, let me know and i'll take a look at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:26 pm 

Okay man. Thanks for the permission to post on here with each story. It makes a little more convenient for the people who don't want to/can't download the individual files. :D

I'll begin by posting each story that is in the directory. I'll add more once I finish them.

Reaper wrote:
PAIL 2 DA MAX!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:30 pm 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

can someone take the time to read it out loud into their mic so that wyatt can enjoy. all of these words will make his head hurt.

bob wrote:
Sorry,

my brother called you a retard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:33 pm 
of the Four Horsemen.
of the Four Horsemen.

#1 public speaker, second to none, check the rep I'll make Wyatt happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:46 pm 

Voila! Stories uploaded! Now go and read'em! :D

Reaper wrote:
PAIL 2 DA MAX!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:29 pm 
Head Cheerleader

I'll have to read these some time, from the sound of the posts you have your self a talent other than owning me =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:53 pm 

Hey Awol, u wanna teach my Composition class? You'd do a better job than my teach. lol

And on a more serious note, I applaude u for all of this.
It takes a damn lot of guts to post something like this, especially to a group as critical as us.

Nj. Ur keepin it real.

-—————— /´¯/)
-—————--/—-/
-—————-/—-/
———--/´¯/'--'/´¯`·_
———-/'/--/—-/—--/¨\
——-- ('(———- ¯~/'-')
——— \————-'—--/
———-'\'————-_-·´
————\———----(
————-\———--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:30 am 

:D

Thanks guys!

I already posted them individually here in the Chit Chat section and added a new one, so go ahead and try to read them that way when you have time. (The format got screwed again, but I did the best I could with it.)

Reaper wrote:
PAIL 2 DA MAX!