Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:17 pm 
Splakking Spree

I diod the upgrade and it kept everything the way i had it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:33 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

Yeah, that solves that, but what do I do about my fps in video games? Its quite irritating...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:56 pm 
Some kid.
Some kid.

look for updated video card drivers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:08 am 

Yeah my friend recommended that too, but definitely doesn't help and just made my fps works. I tried the beta and official drivers for the 9800 gt and both were giving me less fps than I had without them. Weird eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:00 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

ballinsk8r4lyf wrote:
Well, I upgraded to 7 - 64 bit from XP - 32 bit and a computer wise it is much faster. Start up time and opening and running anything from steam to browsing the internet to aim is running faster. Now my problem is that my L4D2 is crapping out and giving around 50 fps, but before I used to get an average of 100 fps. I don't know the reason... btw my setup is 2.66 Quad Amd Phenom, 4GB of Ram, and 9800 GT

And Cole also about that upgrading thing. I see that it saved everything I had from my previous OS (xp) in a folder called Windows.Old. Does that mean I did it the correct or incorrect way?

The way you did it is the same way I did it (that was slower), then I did it the correct way (booting to the cd, formatting drive, installing). If you have not already registered your code, you can still do this, and you will pick up quite a noticeable speed increase, at the expense of anything on that drive.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:09 am 

Oh well I see an inevitable reformat in the near future just when I thought I was done. Oh well. This time I'll be sure to go to 32 bit and not 64 bit because I read somwhere that maybe the reason my fps is down is due to the 64 bit OS. Thanks for the help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:11 pm 
Splakking Spree

In my net admin class, everyone might be getting Windows 7 for free. Why? Because my teacher is such a boss. It's not the home edition or anything like that, it's Ultimate or whatever the best version is.

It's not 100% official yet though, but I think it's going good, my teacher is pulling some strings, making some calls, doing some work, "rocking the house", and I think he's got it though, so I'm happy :D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:17 pm 
Chuck Norris' Beard

Well, time to snitch on ol' Mr.Jones...

"He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic..."

After I'm gone your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:39 pm 
Hung Like Chuck Norris

^ lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:27 pm 
Splakking Spree

chunky3 wrote:
In my net admin class, everyone might be getting Windows 7 for free. Why? Because my teacher is such a boss. It's not the home edition or anything like that, it's Ultimate or whatever the best version is.

It's not 100% official yet though, but I think it's going good, my teacher is pulling some strings, making some calls, doing some work, "rocking the house", and I think he's got it though, so I'm happy :D.

shut the fuck up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:11 pm 
Splakking Spree

^lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:50 pm 
Head Cheerleader

Didn't read the previous posts, but I've had it since release and it is amazing. I recommend it so highly.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:48 am 

chunky3 wrote:

He's doin the MSDN Academic Alliance right? My uni offers all things Microsoft for free too. Iso files.

Quote:
goldlessbassist
why did the 80s have to end? ...

lee9340
they ran out of quality drugs

Post subject: Re: Windows 7
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:05 pm 
Splakking Spree

mmm, don't know.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:52 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

$torm wrote:
Better than Vista like they say?

Its simply vista with a few more features, like a vista SP3. It has the same core, etc.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next