Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:53 am 
Chuck Norris' Beard

$torm wrote:
Better than Vista like they say?

Yea, and better than xp to some point. The best feature I got to say is the updating for it. You really don't have to search for drivers anymore. Some small stuff put in like aeropeak and aero shake. You can set up so you get less annoying messages (or no messages at all). Better wireless management (there was talk that there would be easy wireless hoping, meaning you could drive around and your pc would get like 2 connections at the same time so you wont drop signal) If you use many specific windows xp programs, I would suggest waiting a bit.I notice that deamontools had a compatibility error window but still worked fine.

To put it in preference

Win7>xp>vista>mac ( This comes from a MCP so I know my way around xp more but win7 is really good and really easy to use)

"He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic..."

After I'm gone your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:14 am 
The British One
The British One

What about the gaming side of things?

Errors?

[Recruitment Moderator and Co-Recruiter]
Got any questions? PM me and i'll try and help.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:59 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

$torm wrote:
What about the gaming side of things?

Errors?

Nope, vista is version 6.0, win 7 is version 6.1. Meaning its a souped up vista, just like 2000 = 5.0, and xp = 5.1. Its just a new feature set plus some other cool stuff, it still uses the same kernel and driver stack, so vista drivers = win7 drivers, and anything that works on vista works on win 7, PLUS it has xp mode, so you can emulate xp. So its updated vista + xp in 1 box.

I have been running vista64 for a year now with no issues, I removed UAC and the sidebar the 1st day and do not notice a difference between it and XP at all (besides some things not being in the same place, and vista's network file transfer seems slower).

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:46 am 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

I actually got my copy of Windows 7 Professional for free from school about two and a half weeks ago. I haven't installed it yet since I'm too lazy to backup all my stuff. Once I do that I can do a clean install.

Quote:
I like to party, but I'm here for business.

Quote:
60% of the time it works every time.

Quote:
You dirty pirate hooker, I'm gonna send you back to whore island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:52 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Mav wrote:
I actually got my copy of Windows 7 Professional for free from school about two and a half weeks ago. I haven't installed it yet since I'm too lazy to backup all my stuff. Once I do that I can do a clean install.

Yes, please, everyone, do NOT do a upgrade. I bought the upgrade disk, but am doing a "custom" upgrade path (aka fresh install). If you do an upgrade it will be slow as shit.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:39 pm 
Chuck Norris' Beard

Yea, what was the maximum time for upgrade? Like 12 hours? I think it was way more than that.

"He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic..."

After I'm gone your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:55 pm 
1337 Hooker

ColeLT1 wrote:
I have been running vista64 for a year now with no issues, I removed UAC and the sidebar the 1st day and do not notice a difference between it and XP at all (besides some things not being in the same place, and vista's network file transfer seems slower).

Same with me. I actually like Vista. Like you I removed UAC but kept the side bar: I have a note pad there, a cpu usage meter, a nifty wiki search bar (I probably use it more than Google), and a Gothic looking clock (Looks awesome).

From there I got Vista Start Menu and Ultimate Windows Tweaker. Winroll is nice to have as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:13 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

I have always been more of a "strip off what I dont need" guy. And the readme for batman arkham asylum even says to close the sidebar before playing because of its heavy resource usage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:26 pm 
Get Your Free Kills Here

tried the full version at my friends, its alot better than any other operating system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:19 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

V!RuS wrote:
tried the full version at my friends, its alot better than any other operating system.

So, do you like vista?

Here is my opinion on this. Vista is now refined and up to XP quality (in fact its much more secure). But when vista came out, it was not ready for prime time, well, it was more like the drivers were not ready. Totally not microsoft's fault, the blame is correctly placed on each device manufacture for poor driver development. Most of you are too young to remember this with Win2000 (the first non dos based Win OS, besides the NT line). Which was (just like vista) patched and service packed into greatness. Then was released again, as XP. We are repeating this with 7.

If you have Vista SP2 and switch to Win 7 you will notice very little change. Slight visual changes, some new features, but keep in mind this this is truly no new OS, its just vista + .1 (vista = version 6, win7 = 6.1)

So if you are expecting a revolutionary change, like xp to vista, and you are using vista, eh, you wont notice anything. IMO vista sp2 is pretty good, but the only reason I am moving to 7 is for DX11 support for the next video card I get GF100/GT300/gtx360 or whatever you want to call it.[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:36 pm 
Splakking Spree

Quote:
Dear John Mepham ,

This is to inform that your order has been shipped and this completes your order.

ITS ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!

Sent in my order on Oct 22, and its finally accepted and shipped almost a month later! SHIT HORRIBLE SERVICE.

Now 1-2 week delivery. SHIZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:34 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Nice

I have been running Win 7 now (since it came out), and can say, I really don't notice a difference. There are some new features I like, but day to day I forget I am not on vista. I am not saying it is not worth it (you can get it for 30 bucks if you are a student), it will run better on a slower computer than vista, but my computer ran vista just fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:43 pm 
Splakking Spree

Ya I wanna see what this TV feature thing is all about lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:47 pm 
Chuck Norris' Beard

It's nice. I had vista for a year or so and then move to win 7. Same shit except few extra bells and whistles. Good stuff overall though.

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:55 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

I have also been using Windows 7 for a little while now. Not much difference. I get slightly better battery life on my laptop now. I do really like the object dock type task bar though.

Quote:
I like to party, but I'm here for business.

Quote:
60% of the time it works every time.

Quote:
You dirty pirate hooker, I'm gonna send you back to whore island!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next