It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:11 pm 
The British One
The British One

All About The Honda Civic's Baby.

[Recruitment Moderator and Co-Recruiter]
Got any questions? PM me and i'll try and help.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:18 pm 
Splakking Spree

already got 2 integra's haha , pretty much same thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:55 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

$torm wrote:

Really? Civic = chick car (even more so than my Accord :lol: )

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:40 am 
The British One
The British One

ColeLT1 wrote:
$torm wrote:

Really? Civic = chick car (even more so than my Accord :lol: )

Whatttt? I mean, I agree that some of them look like Chick cars, but nah.

Honda Civic Type R.

They dont seem like "Chick" cars to me "/

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:45 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

A "performance" civic is a conundrum. Civics are good for one thing, commuter cars, with good gas mileage, and very reliable. The SI model gets much worse mileage, and yes, it has 197HP (which is still laughable for a performance car), and in the end, you paid a bunch and have a civic with wheels and a body kit, yippie. FWD for the loss.

G35/G38 is my next car, 300+hp RWD FTW. Still half the power of my last cars, but they are really nice. I want a G38 but they are about 8,000 over what I want to pay for one right now.

Civic SI's still look like a chick car to me, they look "cute" like a VW beetle. All that being said, I drive a 06 Accord right now, which is just a oversized civic, very much a chick car, I have admitted that since day one. But my camaro blew out a clutch (something a 600hp car does often) and was 15 years old, I needed a car to get me to work and to visit my dad, so I bought one that day.... and now its for sale :lol:

Also, you live in a country where small cars are more common, a civic is pretty much the smallest car in America (besides a Smart Car and a few other tiny cars). In a country where the roads are controlled by monster SUV's and trucks, my car feels tiny (I have never owned a 4door vehicle).

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:06 pm 
The British One
The British One

Hmm, I suppose thats probably why we think it different, for the size of our Countries. I mean, cars like that here are very common, definitely for people around the age of 18-23.. Why? Because of the insurance, boy's in England have to pay way more than girls because they automatically think we're "Boy Racers" meaning we're most likely going to crash.

I mean, I'd love a better car than the one I currently have at the moment. But I can't as I'm still young, and wouldn't get insured on many cars, I have to stick around a 1.4, pushing 1.6 whenI turn 18.

At the moment, I have a Renault Clio 1.2 16v (2nd Gen), and the performance side is pretty poor. So, a Honda Civic in the UK is a pretty awesome cars in half of our eyes.

Just Curious. What sort of engine size's do American Kids start off with?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:57 pm 
Splakking Spree

4 Cylinder best bet imo. unless you have rich parents :)

Cars in England are amazing, small and compact = less hassle imo.

They have a bunch of the brands we get here but the models are smaller.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:00 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

lolololol storm the 2 civics your posted or 01-04 Si's and are absolutely the girliest looking civics <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:06 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Well, just like there, insurance is expensive here too, so most parents buy their kids cheap 4 cylinder cars, but they put exhaust, hugs wings, hideous body kits, etc on them (I saw a RSX with a ENZO front end on it, OMG). Luckily that fad has died off mostly.

Im old, so I have no clue what kids want today, but there are not as many good "cheap high performance cars" out today as the 90s. When I was young, you could get a Mustang or Camaro with around 300hp for around $10,000-15000 that was low mileage (under 50k), and spend about 2000 on it and have a 450+ hp muscle car, the days of that are long gone, cars have gotten heavier (my 95 camaro was about 3350lbs, the new ones are pushing 4000lbs, and my vette was about 3150.

Gas has gotten too expensive, so everyone seems to be going to smaller (engined) cars, myself included. The bad part is, the G35/37 is going to get about the same mileage as my Camaro did, and it had 2x the power.

I still pay 1700 a year on insurance on my 2006 Accord :( but my bike is around 650 a year, and I am 27 now.

Last edited by ColeLT1 on Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:15 pm 
Splakking Spree

Gran Torino for what "not" to do to your car!

I agree Cole, I personally am not interested in any of the new cars, to big and bulky for me.

I'm more of a "tuner" car guy (Nissan and Honda) but I wouldn't disrespect my car buy putting some huge ass spoiler on it or lowering it to the ground to the point that you scrape your bumper on the road.

European cars are very very nice, just a bit expensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:02 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

What I want (for my car) is a nice interior, weight below 3400 (3200ish if possible), 300+hp and torque, 4 seats, 2 doors, 6 speed trans, rear wheel drive, 18/24+mpg. And here is the kicker, I want the whole package, used, no more than 3 years old, with 40k miles or less, for $18,000-20,000.

My camaro worked out for that... for a 1995 it was nice (bought in 2000 w/35k miles, for $12,000, was worth about 15), the interior was all leather with wrap around seats, had bose sound system (replaced later in life with blaupunkt when once of the 5 amps went out), had plenty of power (425 on motor, 600 on the juice), 3250lbs, 6 speed, RWD, and got about 18-20mpg on average around town, and about 26 on the interstate on road trips (my accord gets about 24 on average and 29 on road trips, and does it on regular gas instead of premium). But it had 150k miles on it, was 15 years old, been raced and driven really hard, the cam kit made it run rough, I was done racing it, and was at that point where it was showing its age (paint and interior) and I wanted something new.

So the infinity G35/37 has a sweet interior, great handling (its just a longer wheel base but same car as the Nissan 350/370z but with 4 seats), weights 3400 (my MAX weight that I want), has a 6 speed, rear wheel drive, 300hp, I just wish they made a 4.5L V8 G car, like a G45, with 400hp, that would be MY car, the v6 is lacking some torque down low and until you rev it out some it feels anemic. The G37 is better (30 more hp, and nicer interior), but I can't find one for under 28,000, when I can find some G35's for my price range. They are a little heavy and lacking a little power, but im ok with that, a CAI and catback will give me another 25hp or so. Besides that I would leave it classy, no body kit, no wing, not ridiculous wheels (but I am a fan of gun metal black powdercoated wheels).

The vette is the ultimate (under 100k) performance car IMO, but having owned one for about 5 months (then bought a motorcycle), they are not practical unless you are loaded and can have more than 1 car (My eventual goal is to have a sports car, a nice family car, and a beater truck for towing shit), just like any other 2 seat car, you can't use them daily, but f-in fun to drive. The problem I had with it, is I was too worried about it because it was not paid off, my camaro I drove the f-in doors off of it, bouncing off redline, spraying N2O, throwing it sideways going 60mph and having a blast, the vette was so planted that you could not slide it, it was like it was on rails, tires were too expensive, etc.

So yeah, right now I have 4 bikes (GSXR1000, RVT1000R rc51, YZ250, TTR125), and a car, I going to buy my new car, then put my accord out somewhere with a for-sale sign on it, and sell my race bike, should come out about even on the deal, or even make a few bucks (all this depends on AMD hitting $6.00 for a G35 or, $6.50 and I can afford a G37.
http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=AMD# ... =undefined

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:45 pm 
OmG H4x !!!111one!!eleventyone!

1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 V8

bob wrote:
WELL, hockey players are men......and well, most football players are pussies.
Reaper wrote:
Well you type like a 4 year old blind girl so ha.