Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anyone getting vaccination?
Yes 24%  24%  [ 7 ]
No 76%  76%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 29
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:23 pm 
Splakking Spree

One of my most favorite scenes from pulp fiction because it actually shows the lighter side of Samuel L Jackson AKA Jules.

Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.

Vincent: Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.

Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfucker. Pigs sleep and root in shit. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.

Vincent: How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.

Jules: I don't eat dog either.

Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?

Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?

Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charming motherfuckin' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

BTW. I do eat pork.

ColeLT1 - Wyatt talked like that before it was cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:36 pm 
1337 Hooker

man that sucks for the girl

(you know your my skinny rockin english brother right reaper?)

bob wrote:
I'm picking up my toys and going home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:04 pm 
1337 Hooker

cursed sasuke wrote:
if they're not cooked perfectly, you're fucked, they are dirty imo, this is coming from a guy who didn't eat pork for most of his life, and then started to, i would always hear shit as to why i couldn't eat it

In that case so is chicken. Chicken is the perfect breading ground for Salmonella if not cooked right. A pathogen known as Trichina is the only real hazard in raw pork, and proccessors have to treat for that; even though death from trichina is extremely rare as compared to the more prevalent Salmonella.
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:19 pm 
Splakking Spree

dude, the swine flu is not that bad at all. its just more contagious than the regular flu. its so much more probable that you'd die with the regular flu than with the swine flu. unless it comes down to me NEEDING the shot im not bothering with it. just go to a "Swine Flu Party" im sure you'll be ok

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:12 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

cursed sasuke wrote:
if they're not cooked perfectly, you're fucked, they are dirty imo, this is coming from a guy who didn't eat pork for most of his life, and then started to, i would always hear shit as to why i couldn't eat it

^ You're muslim aren't you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:24 pm 
Hung Like Chuck Norris

was, i'm Agnostic now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:01 am 

cursed sasuke wrote:
was, i'm Agnostic now

I feel the same way as you cursed, except I just amn't affiliated with religion instead of choosing a religion that doesn't believe other religions are true.

Kind of confusing eh?

And still, bacon tastes amazing.

And back on topic I think that the chances of getting dystopia is not something that is going to happen to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:14 am 
Hung Like Chuck Norris

i think what you're trying to say is that you believe in God, but just not organized religion, if that's true, that's being Agnostic...TBH i think all religions are true, but some of it has been bullshitted over time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:34 am 
Chuck Norris' Beard

Agnosticism is the belief that God cannot ultimately be proven or disproved. You can be a theist agnostic or atheist agnostic, at the end you don't commit yourself in believing certain particular religion.

"He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic..."

After I'm gone your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:36 pm 
1337 Hooker

Wraith wrote:
Well I already got the flu mist the other day. No problems there. I'll get H1N1 when my chain of command tells me to get it. Not because I'm afraid it'll screw my body up, but going to SHAPE for a stupid shot is a waste of time and gas. Oh well if I need to that'll give me the nudge to get my annual Anthrax vaccine booster.

Spoke too soon. It's now mandatory for me to get it. I think I'm going to be a test subject for this. The thing that seems shady is that there are two separate shots that are going to be given: 1. manufactured by Sanofi-Pasteur (Given to non uniformed Personnel) 2. manufactured by Novartis (for uniformed personnel) <----I bet that one is for test subjects like me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:56 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

cursed sasuke wrote:
was, i'm Agnostic now

if you believe in God but not any orgranized religion that would make you an Agnostic Theist. Can't really just say agnostic :P

Agnostic Atheism & Agnostic Theism

Once it is understood that atheism is merely the absence of belief in any gods, it becomes evident that agnosticism is not, as many assume, a “third way” between atheism and theism. The presence of a belief in a god and the absence of a belief in a god exhaust all of the possibilities. Agnosticism is not about belief in god but about knowledge — it was coined originally to describe the position of a person who could not claim to know for sure if any gods exist or not.

Thus, it is clear that agnosticism is compatible with both theism and atheism. A person can believe in a god (theism) without claiming to know for sure if that god exists; the result is agnostic theism. On the other hand, a person can disbelieve in gods (atheism) without claiming to know for sure that no gods can or do exist; the result is agnostic atheism.

It is also worth noting that there is a vicious double standard involved when theists claim that agnosticism is “better” than atheism because it is less dogmatic. If atheists are closed-minded because they are not agnostic, then so are theists. On the other hand, if theism can be open-minded then so can atheism.

In the end, the fact of the matter is a person isn’t faced with the necessity of only being either an atheist or an agnostic. Quite the contrary, not only can a person be both, but it is in fact common for people to be both agnostics and atheists. An agnostic atheist won’t claim to know for sure that nothing warranting the label “god” exists or that such cannot exist, but they also don’t actively believe that such an entity does indeed exist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:16 pm 
Splakking Spree

CLUTCH SUBJECT CHANGE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:20 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

Parents gave me a call the other day about this and begged me to go get it...I told them I would but I'm not really planning on it. I've NEVER had a flu shot in my life and I've also never gotten the flu. I think I'm either immune or just really lucky, either way I'll risk it, and with my luck they'll probably run out of shots as I'm in line. (that actually happened to my roommate, lol)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:32 pm 
1337 Hooker

doubt you're immune. You prolly couldn't get the shot if you were.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:39 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPgMo_l_cis

Funny but messed up. You guys will laugh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next