Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:38 pm 
OmG H4x !!!111one!!eleventyone!

Unless the 5.0's were more powerful in 68 I doubt it. I thought the 68's came with the 428 cobra jet?
But Im talking about 5.0's in Fox bodies, which stock have 180-210 Horsepower. So for a 600cmf carb and minor upgrades wouldn't make you have an extra 100 horsepower.
I believe horse power to the wheel converts like this You take the horse to the crank divide it by 15% or 25% if its an automatic take that number subtract from the horsepower to the crank and you get an estimated .
So 210/15-(210)= 196 horse to the wheel. So for you to have 250 RWH you would have to gain about 80 horse to the crank which I don't think a carb and minor upgrades can do.
But I heard the older car's didn't even get that much to the wheel it was more of a 30%-40% horsepower loss to the wheels. This is just what I have watched on T.V. You really can't tell unless you have Dyno slips and thats the only way I believe people anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:02 pm 
Splakking Spree

The motor had comp cams , edelbrock heads and manifold, better ignition system, hooker headers and 3 inch staight pipes, and the edelbrock 600 cmf carb and was tuned by myself over the course of 6 months to run flawlessly (no backfires blowing out the hood scoop). It didnt have a stock drivetrain either, 9 inch 4.10 rear and a c4 tranny with a high stall and stiffer clutch.

I dont have the dyno slips seeing as how it was 7 years ago that I had it and sold it shortly after. The slips went witht the car to its owner. But I seem to remember my fathers miata being dyno'd that same day as mine pulling more hp and him taking pictures of the slips. Ill do some digging and see if I cant dig them up.

ColeLT1 - Wyatt talked like that before it was cool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:08 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Nothing beats the power to weight to price ratio (and fun) of a motorcycle :P

Everyone has their own opinions, and I have owned just about every type of setup, RWD, FWD, 4, 6, 8 cyclinder, etc, and nothing beats the feeling of torque, the ability to be at 2000rpms, mash on the throttle not have to drop it down 2 gears to get moving is key to a daily driver, race cars are cool and all, but most of us don't have 2 cars, and race cars SUCK on the street. That's the only thing that disappoints on my g35, it feels weak(er) until you rev it past 3000, which sucks for daily driving, but its a v6, I knew what I was getting into.

My roommate had a 400hp 3000gt, then a 650hp steath awd TT, then a 350z, now the vette, he said the best way to describe his C6 is the handling and ride of the 350, plus the power and hookup of the stealth, but better :) with a nicer interior, better trans, nav, etc... and it was cheaper than the 350z...

Attachments:
IMG_0537.JPG
IMG_0537.JPG [ 227.19 KiB | Viewed 1613 times ]

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:37 pm 
OmG H4x !!!111one!!eleventyone!

I agree with you Cole its all about the person preference , but theres nothing better to me than driving in a $12,000 car you built and then pulling up to a rich man in a corvette beeping your horn three times down shifting listening to your turbos and your vtec then shifting at 9k RPM smoking that $40,000 over priced car. I will always have my daily driver (My V6 mustang) and I will soon (six months- 1 year) have a built hatch that I believe will beat a stock GSXR 600 and keep up with a 1000.