Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:44 pm 
OmG H4x !!!111one!!eleventyone!

Which do you think is better and why?

bob wrote:
WELL, hockey players are men......and well, most football players are pussies.
Reaper wrote:
Well you type like a 4 year old blind girl so ha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:35 am 

It can go any way, Well as far as the 2010 models, I believe the
mustang because of the weight reduction, the new track packs they come
with from the dealership, and if those who say they lack horsepower,
the new GT500 with 540 Horsepower and 480 pounds of torque.
Personally I would like to see the new Corvette Zr1 and the new super snake run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:34 am 
Splakking Spree

**awaits Cole's informative response***

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:20 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

VeXed wrote:
**awaits Cole's informative response***

Sorry, I am not too happy with the new camaro (FAR too heavy, which most new cars are getting heavier, wtf), the mustang is ok, but 300-315hp is still a little low for its weight (and all the shelby cars and such are too expensive), and I don't know much about challengers, but have never seen someone who owns a dodge car without some issue with it...So here is all I can offer:

Mustang
Horsepower 315 bhp (210 hp in the V6)
Curb Weight 3,356 lb.
0-60 mph 5.2 sec
Fuel Economy 15 city /23 highway

Camaro
Horsepower 426 bhp (304 hp in the V6)
Curb Weight 3,869 lb.
0-60 mph 4.6 sec
Fuel Economy 16 city /24 highway

Challenger
Horsepower 372 (425 srt8) bhp (250 hp in the V6)
Curb Weight 3623 lb.
0-60 mph 5.9sec (4.9 sec srt8)
Fuel Economy 16 city /25 highway (14/22 srt8)

The mustang is the only car in that class that is not just stupid heavy but almost gets beat by the V6 camaro in hp comparisons. None of them are the clear winners in my book, I have not looked at price, but im sure its way over what it should be. So, what are you leaning towards, what do you like the looks of the best, etc... get the car you want :)

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:11 pm 

I was leaning towards a challenger but then I went to the state fair and saw a lot of camaros there. So I started debating between a camaro and a challenger but I got inside a camaro and it felt really small like I was sitting in a small box. I also heard the challengers were leaning more towards luxury then a sports car so they might have more room in them. I haven't been inside a challenger yet. I just thought I'd throw the mustang in the debate just to see if it was a good car. So far the mustang is my least likely of choices.

bob wrote:
Reaper wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:57 am 

The 50k GT500 smokes the 30k comaro ss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C9zanLcpXY

Then from Motor trend the professionals tell how it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-uTjaQ6E7g

Mustangs 0-60 is 4.9, and challengers curb weight with V8 is
about 3,900 and once the drivers in its a 2 ton car.

Its all about what you like, if you like big long cars with alot of weight
go for american, but I have my eyes on a boosted s2000 for right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:24 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

JamesBond wrote:
The 50k GT500 smokes the 30k comaro ss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C9zanLcpXY

Then from Motor trend the professionals tell how it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-uTjaQ6E7g

Mustangs 0-60 is 4.9, and challengers curb weight with V8 is
about 3,900 and once the drivers in its a 2 ton car.

Its all about what you like, if you like big long cars with alot of weight
go for american, but I have my eyes on a boosted s2000 for right now.

50k for a mustang is ridiculous, I would hope it would beat a car that is half the price. That being said, the GT500 is sweet, but I would not spend the money on that, when I could have this:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=270331191&dealer_id=64736855&car_year=2007&rdm=1258478576995&lastStartYear=1981&num_records=25&model=CORV&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2006&engine=&keywordsrep=090048054&keywordsfyc=__WjA2__&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=CHEV&color=&keywords_display=Z06&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=&seller_type=b&position=top&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceASC&address=39047&advanced=y&end_year=2010&transmission=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=1087&standard=false

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:11 pm 
Splakking Spree

My father has a 2009 z06 with black powdercoated rims. Lemme tell you, shits fast. Ive driven a 10 second drag/auto X car before (the miata) and driving that Corvette is a kick in the pants.

Im not much for the newer style 'Stangs but I absolutely love the GT500. If anything.. Id say neither of them and just get me one of these..

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/11/officially-official-2010-ford-taurus-sho/

Simply because I'm a family man and dont need a sports car, but still want something with some balls. And of course I dig on Fords :roll:

ColeLT1 - Wyatt talked like that before it was cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:01 pm 

You can find used GT500's, and if you want to save money over
looking rich and want pure speed build a del sol with a h22 turbo it build the internals and get a little spray on it and it will cost you around 15- 20K
but completely roast that 37k vette.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:23 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

JamesBond wrote:
You can find used GT500's, and if you want to save money over
looking rich and want pure speed build a del sol with a h22 turbo it build the internals and get a little spray on it and it will cost you around 15- 20K
but completely roast that 37k vette.

But in the end you have a 15-20k del sol... lol

Also, roast a 505+hp Z06, hardly. Maybe if you build a 600hp del sol, it may get it on a rolling start, like 100-150 race, but off the line, FWD will lose, plus I would never want to be in a del sol going over 100, then there is gas milage, reliability, and all the other things that disappear when you build an engine to put out 6x its original hp, try to turn a fwd car with over 400hp while on the throttle, it doesn't, under steers like a bitch. I drove a friends 260hp H22 Prelude, and it tried to spin the steering wheel out of my hands. The vette with about 1500 in work, will make over 600hp, normally aspirated (CAI, full exhaust, cam), throw a 150 shot on top of that for another 800 bucks and 700+rwhp will be no problem (and 700hp on the street is just too much anyway lol).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:05 pm 

Its all about what you like in the end, but rwd doesn't always beat fwd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FePwWBrAR8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebiFeqfGb10

Don't say there not quick off the line.

And the 8-sec civic - - - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK9H9wXdsxM

And top speed wise any car is retarted to run over 180 in or any vehicle,
once you hit 190 MPH your tires start to get so hot that when they tested the ZR1 for top speed one of the tires just feel apart and he almost wrecked going 190 and trying to recover from a blownout tire at 190 would scare the shit out of me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:32 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

JamesBond wrote:
Its all about what you like in the end, but rwd doesn't always beat fwd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FePwWBrAR8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebiFeqfGb10

Don't say there not quick off the line.

And the 8-sec civic - - - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK9H9wXdsxM

And top speed wise any car is retarted to run over 180 in or any vehicle,
once you hit 190 MPH your tires start to get so hot that when they tested the ZR1 for top speed one of the tires just feel apart and he almost wrecked going 190 and trying to recover from a blownout tire at 190 would scare the shit out of me.

I can mod school bus to beat a civic, but why would I want to.... Anyone can build a up a civic, but think about it, why!? but for less time and money, you can have a car that runs much better, and can turn.

I have been there, you will end up breaking half shafts and transmissions monthly with the civic/del sol. My roommate had a 3000gt, then a 600hp stealth RT, and broke 3 trans in it in 2 years, then sold it, bought a 350z, now has a chevy truck and a race bike/street bike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:57 pm 

Ill except your race in the schoolbus when I get my honda built.
My friends at are local strip drive boosted Civics and they drive them every day to work and back home. As far as the transmission you have swap it as well as build the motor, hondas crank shafts are rated to hold 600HP.

And heres a car they probably built for like >$3000 smoking the LS V8's.
Its just the feeling knowing your opponent paid 20 -30 extra grand on his car and you smoke them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjHJIhxVtJc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:41 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

JamesBond wrote:
And heres a car they probably built for like >$3000 smoking the LS V8's.
Its just the feeling knowing your opponent paid 20 -30 extra grand on his car and you smoke them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjHJIhxVtJc

You still have it backwards. Take a $5000 camaro/mustang, and a $5000 civic, stock for stock, 300hp vs 100hp (160 for a si), ok, now spend 3000 on both, 600hp vs 300hp... hmmm

20-30 "extra grand" would easily get you a 1000hp car, with all the goodies. I met up with a Ray Townsend, when I lived near memphis (I used to be a MMP regular, was at the the NHRA track almost weekly). He lived about 2 miles from me when I was in college, he took a all stock LS1 TA, put a 434 darton wetblock in it, built the 6-speed trans, mcleod dual plate clutch, and put a 12bolt rear in it, caged it, etc all for about 20g, plus 2 shots, 150 standard wet, and 300 direct port, car made 650rwhp N/A, 1100 on the juice, he ran low 9's on motor, and very 8s on the juice (I think 8.05s), its crazy it takes 500 more hp to go from 9 to 8 seconds. He also had a grudge match between him and a guy that had the "fastest street Supra in the south" haha, his tag said 1200hp. the guy kept talking shit, well Ray said, f-it, I will take out both my bottles, supra ran a 9.8, ray ran a 9.2.

What is crazy about this, its his daily driver car. Looks all stock, until you pop the hood and spot a 2in primary on the headers. It was the only car I have seen lift the front on a street race.
http://splak.net/fbody/ray434/

You can argue about this all day long, but a civic (or any FWD car) is not a optimal drag race platform, yes you can build one, but for the exact same money you can have a car that will run much faster/better/longer and be more fun.

I personally don't care about drag racing, or having a 9 second car anymore, I want a car with 300-500hp, 2800-3400lbs, 6 speed, and that will run for 200-300k miles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:54 pm 

My mom and I went to a Dodge and Chevy dealership today to test drive the cars(not including the Mustang). I only got to test drive the Challenger though because the manager or whatever of the Chevy dealership said that people don't want miles on their cars so no one gets to test drive the Camaros at that dealership. So we called up to another Chevy dealership and they're going to let me test drive the Camaro so we're going to go up there this week.

bob wrote:
Reaper wrote: