Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Free Write
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:49 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

Hey guys,

This was just something I came up with one night (morning, actually) when I couldn't sleep. It was about 6 AM, and I was totally out of my head with sleep deprivation. Anyway, I just sorta started getting this idea and writing it down as it went along. Eventually, it developed into this. This is unedited and raw, but I figured I'd share it with you guys anyway and see if maybe some of you like it.

It's stand-alone, and it's not really supposed to make sense to the reader (as of yet.) It's sort of undefined, so don't be surprised if you don't totally "get it."

No title (yet)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He stepped forward, his foot finding nothing beneath it. Already knowing that nothing would be there, he didn't bother to look down. He took in a deep breath, let it out in a sigh. This would be the second time. Only, it wasn't going to turn out like last time. He knew that already. He had always known it. And yet, here he was anyway.

He leaned forward, ever so slightly. His head arced forward and down, even though he kept his body still. It was starting.

He remembered the first time so well. He had run, faster than he ever had before. He had been so desperate. Sweat had tracked across his forehead, flicking away as it dropped from his temples. His breathing was so labored, his chest heaving, heart pounding so furiously that every thump felt like hard slaps from big hands inside his chest. He had leaped so hard, as if that would help any. As if it would make a difference. It had carried him far, but not so far that it changed anything. He had fallen far, fearing it hadn't worked. But it had. Just in time. Just like it was supposed to. And he had gotten there. Just in time. Just like he was supposed to.

This time, there was no sweat. No heavy breathing. No hard, fast heartbeat. Just a slow closing of his eyes. He leaned forward even further, and his back foot just barely left the edge. This time, his head pointed straight downward. He fell much faster this time.

He called to that place within him again. He felt it, so close, so peaceful. It was everything that was intrinsically right within him. In fact, it was everything that he was supposed to be. It was who he really was.

Only, feeling it wasn't assurance. It wasn't a guarantee. There was still the chance, the very, very good chance, that it wouldn't work this time. It most likely wouldn't work this time.

It was blue, almost all kinds. It was deeper in the center, solid. But moving away it became lighter, cloudy. At the edges, it was nearly white, and it was ethereal. Luminescent, it shone at the perfect intensity. Neither bright, nor dull. It moved constantly, both quickly and languidly. It moved with decisive order, but that movement still appeared fluid.

He fell faster now. He was almost at the ground. He called again.

And wondered if he could, yet again, gain a set of wings.

One more time. One last pair. Please.

Oh, please.

Post subject: Re: Free Write
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:01 pm 
1337 Hooker

Not bad. Good imagery. No disrespect sir, but leave the and's out of the beginning of the sentences. I'm Just trying to help your performance growth. It is, however, good professional development that you've got there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:36 am 

fort benning, jump school?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:29 am 
Head Cheerleader

Its good.

I wanna guess Airforce? lost some how, wants back in?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:14 pm 

Nope, it's more surreal than that. I know it's hard to understand, considering I haven't placed any context or setting, nor even a recognizable character. I've been thinking about this piece and decided that I like it enough that I want to rewrite it. This means I'll place context, setting, multiple characters, and edit the details already present.

It's kinda like fight club. First rule about recruitment, don't talk about recruitment. 2nd rule is do NOT talk about recruitment.

Reaper wrote:
PAIL 2 DA MAX!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:18 pm 
Splakking Spree

I cant wait for that man, it should be good :)

ColeLT1 - Wyatt talked like that before it was cool

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:30 pm 

Thanks, Stork. =)

It's kinda like fight club. First rule about recruitment, don't talk about recruitment. 2nd rule is do NOT talk about recruitment.

Reaper wrote:
PAIL 2 DA MAX!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:20 pm 

yea keep us posted. good to know we are providing a community where you feel comfortable enough to open up your writing to criticism of any kind.

keep going!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:57 pm 

Sorry, haven't had time to rewrite this. I've actually enrolled in a course at my University that I'm writing for currently. I'll post the rewrite as soon as I get it done, and I'll probably post more stuff from the course, too, when it's finished.

And thanks, Patriot. =) It's always nice to get support, especially from a community like this.

Reaper wrote:
PAIL 2 DA MAX!