Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How did you find Splak?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:46 am 
The British One
The British One

So, I'm just curious on how you found the Splak servers or forums, and who were the first members you saw/spoke too? hopefully this topic will get going.

I found the Splak server back in 2007 when I was looking for KZ maps, I was a big fan of KZ maps back then, and it was the only reason I played because I was bad at actually playing the game (lol) I believe that it was the sand kz map, err, you go inside the block, and have to climb up the inside, has some sort of dragon there(?) I stuck around the server, seeing as I enjoyed it, then a few weeks later I applied for recruitment :O

Think the first members I saw were Stealth, Snake, That Guy and maybe Nevermind. Stealth was the only person who actually spoke to me though I think, then it was Display :P

So, what about you guys?

[Recruitment Moderator and Co-Recruiter]
Got any questions? PM me and i'll try and help.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:56 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

In 2004 I set up a server so Jarrod and I would have admin, and ran it from my house, it was only 12 slots, we called it .:Splak| :D

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:06 pm 
1337 Hooker

I started playing jesus around the same Time Orange and Display did?

I started playing simply because I worked out the hook and was like FUCK YEAH! back then most of the members who were regulars you never see anymore lol good times tho I got very addicted.

(you know your my skinny rockin english brother right reaper?)

bob wrote:
I'm picking up my toys and going home.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:13 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

My first experience was somewhere during 2006/2007.
Me and Nano used to pub in the same server, got fond of him and he showed me Splak.
And I sometimes pubbed with Snake on another server.
Nano and Snake.... Damn that was a long time ago.

A male homo sapiens with a 29 up to a 36 on the von Luschan scale, has just purposely, with an immoral and disrespectful intent and without any direct or indirect permission, taken possession of my pedal-powered two-wheel-bearing vehicle for the purpose of transportation to compensate for his lacking of this item that I had sole possession of before this incident of aggravated robbery.

In other words: *african american* stole my bike!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:20 pm 
Chuck Norris' Beard

I found the server back in 2005 or 2006? I just found it by going to random servers. The first players I talked and saw where hellfish and jesus. There was also ghost, Cole, Slayer, and pepto when they actually played. Good times.

"He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic..."

After I'm gone your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:02 pm 
Hung Like Chuck Norris

pablo (ex skeet member who got kicked out for insulting pepto on a diff. forum acc at school, and also chunky's bro) made me get steam/CZ and the first thing he did was tell me to go on the forums and sign up and post for recruitment, i was like ok, he gave me the ip to the server, i pubbed there, i always thought the hook mod thing was normal, i mean, it was my first time playing lol, i sucked balls at the game, but i never stopped trying and i eventually started getting a positive score and pablo would be like "wtf, how are you getting so good", i remember the little bitch fits i gave when i tried to get in, and i absolutely despised display back then too haha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:42 pm 
Splakking Spree

I searched for different games in like the end of 2006 and found this server "The Machine GunGame" that never lagged and the Splak server. Since then, every time I had to re-install the game I went in the server list and looked up the server. The first time I joined, Cole was there and he was playing most of the time back then. The map was awp_rooftops and I was like WTF?!?! you hackerz!! (only in romanian) cause I never saw the hook mod before in my whole life. I met Cole and Ronic and Pepto and I think some other members as well. Then I quit for a few months and when I came back, I got to know most of the members. We used to play the map pin king or whatever it's name was.. it's the one with the boxing ring and you'd go up one vs one or usually people would gang you >.>

^LOL
wonderbread wrote:
Randy wrote:
If you jailbreak it why would you need to buy guns?

wtf?

The Smashing Pumpkins wrote:
"If there is a god, I know he loves to rock"

Quote:
"Are you an illusion, or am I just getting stoned?"

Quote:
I’m gonna give you to the count of 10, to get your ugly, yellow no good kiesta off my property, before I pump your guts full of led!–Angels with Dirty Faces

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:44 pm 
1337 Hooker

In 2007 when I came home from Afghanistan for R&R. It was the server with a ping of around 12 and had more than 10 people playing in it. I played there for the two weeks I was on R&R; went back to Afghanistan to finish my tour, and loved the server soo much that I looked for it when I got back to Fort Stewart. Infamous is the one to thank for urging me to make a recruitment post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:03 pm 
Splakking Spree

i started playing cz in like november 2007, with my friend walkingpost1030 and my first map was a surf map. i was terrible at it at first, then i got really good. we eventually found the surf/climb server and started playing in there alot. since no one was ever in there, when i first saw vman and element in there, i thought they were like gods cause they turned on hook and shit for us. i found the pub though because i never knew how to add servers to favorites, so i had to organize all server list by name, and there were two .:Splak| servers, and i joined the pub.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:49 pm 
Some kid.
Some kid.

I started playing in the summer of 2007. I was 12 years old. I remember looking at the steam server list looking for a nice server. (The only server I used to play on was happy land). So I saw "awesome house of awesomeness" and connected. I never left the server. The first map I played there was awp_bycastor32. I think ronic, nevermind, and snake were on at the time. A few days later I applied and got in two weeks later.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:42 pm 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

I first saw it when Cole was home for Christmas break while he was still in college. I logged in under his account(with a changed name-- Bob, to fuck w/ people. I'd TK them and all kinds of shit, and they weren't able to ban me) :P

Then a couple of years later, he came home for good, and I started playing on a computer we pieced together in his spare bedroom. I played as Bob at first, then COle changed my name to Smilin_Bob. I then later moved to Smilin_Chris after that.

bob wrote:
Sorry,

my brother called you a retard.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:01 pm 

I believe it was '07 I played for months but never wanted to join b/c I didn't really know wat a "clan" was since the only other comp. game I had ever played was The Sims. Randomly bought cz for 5 bux @ comp usa. I was cool with everyone. Penguin and I believe Snake(whom I miss :( ) convinced me.

Quote:
goldlessbassist
why did the 80s have to end? ...

lee9340
they ran out of quality drugs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:05 pm 
Splakking Spree

Dang, it was back in '05 for me. A few of my friends(aka Shplongled Monk, Personal Moses, Tactical/Killer Knoblauch) talked about playing it together at lunch every so often and i was like wtf is this game you're talking about, so they told me to get steam and cz. So i started playing it with them and monk was already in the clan so i was playing in the pub all the time, then eventually moses told me to sign up on the forums so i did. and im pretty sure hook was default on every map back then unlike now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:45 pm 
Head Cheerleader

I applied the first day I came into the splak serve, christmas eve I believe.. The first person I remember playing with was that little shit PJ. We kinda have this "Hey! fuck you, but I love you" relationship. So yep, A full year i've been here now and don't plan on going anywhere

[quote="
.:Splak|DorkyGurl [boatsN'hoes]"]
no im a 40 year old flaming homosexual! [/quote]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:02 pm 

The first time I played on the server was like years ago. I was still in .:(O)dd playing nothing but scoutzknivez. I was looking for servers with scoutz maps and the Splak server came up with scoutzknivez2_cz so I joined it. Snake was the first guy I met in .:Splak|. Everyone was super friendly and fun too. Then my scoutzknivez clan broke up and I started playing more and more on the .:Splak| server until I joined up on the forums in 2007.

Quote:
I like to party, but I'm here for business.

Quote:
60% of the time it works every time.

Quote:
You dirty pirate hooker, I'm gonna send you back to whore island!