Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:56 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

For about 20K after taxes and fees you can find a 2007 Nissan 350Z. I know its a little less MPG then what you wanted, but the pussy you get is worth it. amiright?

Also a 2004 Nissan 350Z might be a bit older but it still looks fresh as hell and they sell for about 10K after the fees Cole mentioned.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:47 am 
Pwn Noobies, GG

ballinsk8r4lyf wrote:
For about 20K after taxes and fees you can find a 2007 Nissan 350Z. I know its a little less MPG then what you wanted, but the pussy you get is worth it. amiright?

Also a 2004 Nissan 350Z might be a bit older but it still looks fresh as hell and they sell for about 10K after the fees Cole mentioned.

Not enough room for stuff, and I don't drive manual. :'(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:25 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

They come in automatic versions too. I said the same about a 350z (id buy a C5/6 before I bought a 350z) not having enough room, so I bough a 4 seat version of the same car, G35 coupe. But I know that is not what you are looking for, find the car you like, it may take some time but you will be happier with the car.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:35 pm 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

Don't get in a hurry about this.

It seems you've fared so far w/out one, that you aren't in a dire circumstance. Find the car you want. Then wait. Keep your eye open, and a good deal will come your way!

bob wrote:
Sorry,

my brother called you a retard.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:53 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

Well, I'm glad I asked you guys first before looking at only new stuff. Just found a Honda Certified used 2007 Accord "Special Edition" 4 cylinder AT (basically a LX model but with better wheels and better sound system) with only 20k miles for $16k. I think that's a good deal considering $16k will only get me a stripped-down civic w/o air conditioning new. Hopefully I can get the price to $15k or less but considering there are hardly any miles on the car I seriously doubt I'll be able to get it much lower. What do you guys think about that? Good deal or not?

Cole, I actually looked at the car you had for sale, and I liked the price, but I don't live in MS and I don't want a V6 because of the gas mileage so yeah. :D

On an unrelated note, I think the new Accords look like shit in comparison to the 06/07 model...what were they thinking?!

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:11 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Bensky wrote:
Well, I'm glad I asked you guys first before looking at only new stuff. Just found a Honda Certified used 2007 Accord "Special Edition" 4 cylinder AT (basically a LX model but with better wheels and better sound system) with only 20k miles for $16k. I think that's a good deal considering $16k will only get me a stripped-down civic w/o air conditioning new. Hopefully I can get the price to $15k or less but considering there are hardly any miles on the car I seriously doubt I'll be able to get it much lower. What do you guys think about that? Good deal or not?

Cole, I actually looked at the car you had for sale, and I liked the price, but I don't live in MS and I don't want a V6 because of the gas mileage so yeah. :D

On an unrelated note, I think the new Accords look like shit in comparison to the 06/07 model...what were they thinking?!

FYI the v6 only gets like 2mpg less, and has tons more power. But yeah, good deal man, if you like the way it drives, it will be a car that last a long freakin time.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:54 am 
Pwn Noobies, GG

ColeLT1 wrote:
Bensky wrote:

FYI the v6 only gets like 2mpg less, and has tons more power. But yeah, good deal man, if you like the way it drives, it will be a car that last a long freakin time.

Oh seriously? Might consider a V6 then. I thought it would be much less mpg, I hadn't really looked.

And I should not rush this, I just now found a few 2007 Accord EX's for $10,000 with clean history reports on Craigslist...2006 models are even cheaper so I'm not sure I'll even fuck with certified used if the car has a clean carfax and a good ride when I test it.
Anyway, someone can probably close this thread. I just need to research some Accords on my own at this point, thanks for the help/advice everyone!

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:06 am 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

Not certain how much interstate/highway driving you do, but there's a lot to be said for being able to get to speed quickly when necessary.

I know getting from 20-70 VERY quickly is a requirement on a lot of our on ramps here.

bob wrote:
Sorry,

my brother called you a retard.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:30 am 
Pwn Noobies, GG

bob wrote:
Not certain how much interstate/highway driving you do, but there's a lot to be said for being able to get to speed quickly when necessary.

I know getting from 20-70 VERY quickly is a requirement on a lot of our on ramps here.

Yeah, I don't drive on the highway/interstate too much unless I'm going to a concert or something...but I do need to take the interstate whenever I bring my crap to college, and yeah, it pretty much is required, especially when I'm near NOVA.

I also know cars are getting heavier, so I'm definitely thinking about a V6 now even though I've always driven a 4-cyl in the past. I'll just test a 4 by doing some hwy driving and see how the acceleration is...if it isn't good enough I'll go test a 6 and compare.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 am 
OmG H4x !!!111one!!eleventyone!

considered a pontiac? ive test drove a pontiac g6, they have the body style, fuel economy, and power that are similiar to those you requested, i believe. its a fun drive, but, price is fluxuated on years, just as any other car, just throwing another option out there

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:07 pm 

My cousin bought a used G5, it had 40,000 miles on it. First week she had it the speakers went out, after a month the power stearing went out. The new pontiacs are nice but there undependable from what I hear.
A V6 mustang might fit you, 210 horse 245 torque A big trunk decent size backseat, 25-28 MPG depending on how you drive it.And I have seen some for around 10K at 40 -60K miles.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:28 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

If she had a car with 40k miles on with with problems, then the power steering going out, it was a wrecked/rebuilt or otherwise somehow damaged car.

Mustangs are good cars, not the best build quality, but not a premium price either. May only last you 8 years instead of 12, but you will pay half, and that means you can afford a newer car sooner. My roommates gf has a 2000 v6 stang with 200k miles on it, she just spent a grand to have the oil pan and intake gaskets replaced (was leaking oil), first time it had ever been a shop besides brakes, tires, oil, and tuneup.

The 2011 mustang has major improvements over the older ones. The V6 gets 6speed stick or 6speed auto, GT suspensions, all new 305hp 3.7l v6 that gets 19/30mpg. The GT gets an all new 5.0l 415hp engine (that is rumored to be actually under rated 30hp, so really like 440hp!). But with these improvements the prices are ridiculous for a mustang now. 22-25k for the v6 and 30-33k for the GT. I would not buy either one new for the fact that it will drop in value so quick the first 2 years.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:42 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

JamesBond wrote:
My cousin bought a used G5, it had 40,000 miles on it. First week she had it the speakers went out, after a month the power stearing went out. The new pontiacs are nice but there undependable from what I hear.
A V6 mustang might fit you, 210 horse 245 torque A big trunk decent size backseat, 25-28 MPG depending on how you drive it.And I have seen some for around 10K at 40 -60K miles.

I would not consider a Pontiac tbh. I looked up reviews for Pontiac cars before and people are generally saying what you said about bad reliability.
As for the Mustang, it gets pretty poor mpg in the city which is bad for me since I don't need to be on the hwy a whole lot. It's also only offered as a coupe..less storage space.

Thanks for the suggestions but I'm still probably just going to stick with a used Honda Accord, haha. I actually just found an Accord EX-L with Navigation, with 11,000 miles on it, for $4,400. I think its too good to be true... the guy said he is getting deployed to Afghanistan and needs to sell his car fast apparently. I'm kinda wary but I'm definitely gonna buy that one if I can get a mechanic to check it out and it drives OK.

EDIT: Yep, it WAS too good to be true..I smell SCAM.

"Hi
As I've told you, at this moment I am in Maryland in a military base, getting ready for Afghanistan (I hope for the last time). I do a special training program each day and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or give calls whenever I want. The shipping will take 3 to 5 days depending on your location and it’s not a problem because i have considerable discount from eBay and I can do it at no cost for you. As long as I'm dealing with eBay and they can ship the vehicle anywhere in the US,I listed the car in several states because it increases my chances to get it sold much faster. I want to mention that the vehicle was inspected by eBay and fulfils the CO2 Emission standards from all the 50 states so it wouldn't be a problem for you to register it in your state. You will receive the car along with all the documents including title, bill of sale, 2 set of keys, full service records and more. Because it is a large transaction, we will complete the deal only using an authorized third part like eBay because I already prearranged the whole process with them, using their escrow Safe Pay Program for vehicles not listed on their website. The car is located in their warehouse in Baltimore (ready for delivery). I've asked them to allow viewers to go there and inspect the car but their reply was: "We are not a showroom!" In this case, I will offer a 5-day period to inspect the car from the moment you receive it, before I'll have your money. I think this is more than fair for both of us.The payment will be handled by eBay Escrow, and you will benefit of 5 days inspection time period (test drive) and the option to accept or reject the car on my expense. If you are still interested just send me your full name and shipping address. I will forward your info to eBay and they will notify you about our deal. Like this you'll be able to talk directly with them and ask all you want to know.
Regards!!
Aaron"

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:47 pm 

Cole I know it wasn't a salvage or rebuilt car, my cousins dad and I looked at the Carfax and there was no wrecks and and it wasn't under a salvaged title. As for my Mustang I have had no problems, it just hit 40K miles and its still fine. I don't think I will keep her for 10 years, Im actually thinking about getting a 2011 mustang GT. As for gas mileage in the city I can still pull 25 - 28 MPG's depending on how you drive her, or thats what my computer in my car said. Its a coupe but I can fit a five piece drum set in their.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:48 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

Well, just an update here.

I actually ended up test driving and buying a 2010 Honda Civic EX today.

I couldn't find a good deal on a used Civic imo -- well, there were some deals I liked, but their carfaxes showed previous accidents or serious body damage. I just got fed up of looking at used cars I guess. Anyway, I managed to get one dealership to give me a sale price of about 17k for the EX. The used Accord I was looking at would have cost me about 18k after taxes (I said 16k but I read the fine print later and was pissed lol), and used Civics that are like 4-5 years old run around 15k-18k here, so I feel like I got a pretty good bargain for something new. They convinced me to get an extended warranty (so like $1200 was added on after the $17k normal price), but I think I'm just gonna cancel that tomorrow when I pick the car up since I doubt I'll need it. (hopefully I can do that...searched online and it appears I can as long as I haven't driven the car yet.)