Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Whats your job?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:06 pm 
1337 Hooker

Just random wandering what some of you guys do for a living even if its crappy please lol any major ambitions?

I just got a job at Butlins a famous holiday resort here I work at the major venues such as the cinema, bumper cars, crazy gold etc... so far its been hard but rewarding work. I get paid well and have been offered very cheap accommodation on site with loads of benefits and discounts on site. A major disadvantage to this job is hours and numbers go down by alot in the winter due to lack of holiday makers. So I'm seeing how I do this week to decided if I want to stick to this.

Major ambitions are to get to manager level at a GAME store (sells videos obv) they have good management training but its a hard place to get a job at.

(you know your my skinny rockin english brother right reaper?)

bob wrote:
I'm picking up my toys and going home.

Post subject: Re: Whats your job?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:18 pm 
Splakking Spree

Just got a job at a warehouse taking old computers apart and sorting the parts. It's pretty simple and can be fun. The pay isn't good though, $7.75hr 9:30am - 5:30pm mon-fri. A plus is I can adjust my hours however I want.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:25 pm 
Machinist In Training, As of now my job is a helper for the 2 Machinist who are training me, like i keep their machines clean and keep the area free of any shaving and run the chop saws when they need parts cut. I also run errands in the company truck picking up and delivering. most of the time i run the fork truck loading parts on to machines and what not 9.50/hour 30min lunch 8:00 to 4:30 but we usually start working when we get to the shop

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:35 pm 
Chuck Norris' Beard

Server/Waiter. Pay is random which ranges from minimum wage to about 20 bucks an hour. Cool thing about it is that you get cash the same day you work, you get flexible schedule, and you get to eat cheaply. Horrible because is somewhat stressful. Dealing with people is probably the reason I hate the job so much. Other than that, the job is pretty nice. Schedule is usually from 4:45pm to 12:30pm, but sometimes is completely brutal (I'm working this Saturday from 2:00pm to 3:30am)

"He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic..."

After I'm gone your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:47 pm 
Splakking Spree

Going into the labour section of pool/deck building, (pouring cement n shit). Im really excited, its hard work but good pay.

As of now I have a job with a local company, I drive a Van/trailer and deliver shit like gravel/sand/dirt/etc. Its great and I love it, I make about 12$ an hour for loading/unloading and driving around. Its kinda gay though because my hours depend on when they need me, so i can get a call anytime between 6am -10pm. Just yesterday I delivered 2 trailer loads of sand to a guy in Toronto, it was about 4 hours of work, so I made like 50$, but I got to keep the 25$ tip. =). I get payed after every delivery, its ballin. Sadly though, October will be my last month of work till the following spring.

But its okay, i got a job 100% with my moms schoolboard, I sit in an office building letting people in the front door by hitting a button and answering the phone. EZ cake, its from like 6-11pm mon-fri. I make 18.45 an hour doing that XD (this only last for 4 months though)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:39 pm 
1337 Hooker

Bagger at giant supermarket lol, i should be a cashier by now though, i have all my training and stuff (it's really complicated working register there.) Don't have a cashier number yet though so i'm stuck bagging for like 5 hours every sunday 7:30-1:00. Pay is alright i guess, about 7.60 an hour and like 8.40 on sundays and holidays. I only work one day a week really now on sunday's.

I only need like $200 to finish paying off debt finally, and next week i might be a mascot for tiny tots event at fairfax corner. pays $100 every time i do it and it's only for 45 minutes. Also might try to get a theatre job at fairfax corner now that all the college kids leaving for college.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:00 pm 
1337 Hooker

"Of the troops, For the troops" Military Police corps. I make a little over $1300 every two weeks. Housing is free. Medical is free. No bills except for whatever tickles my fancy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:18 pm 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

IT Consultant. It's a good job.

bob wrote:
Sorry,

my brother called you a retard.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:17 am 
The British One
The British One

Shopper for onliners (Til I finish College) -

Thursday, Friday, Saturday. 5am til 9am. £6.09 (Roughly $9.44) p/h

Not a bad job, dislike the time I have to get up in the morning, good paycheck at the end of the 4 weeks - VERY repetitive though.

[Recruitment Moderator and Co-Recruiter]
Got any questions? PM me and i'll try and help.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:29 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Quality assurance (bug check software) and IT guy for my company.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:02 am 
Splakking Spree

Manager at the restraunt me and my grandparents are in the process of opening. 2 more weeks!

ColeLT1 - Wyatt talked like that before it was cool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:52 am 
Splakking Spree

Student Intern at the FDIC. I work in DIT in the ETB branch. I make my own schedule so this summer I worked Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. During the school year I will work Tuesday/Thursday after class 1:30 -4:30, Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.

Well the job itself has good pay, good benefits and government clearance. I can't say I would like to work here after I finish school but this is my stepping stone. I just manage the production and development server and do what ever they give me (life of an intern). I don't do errands for the employees or get coffee for everyone. I have learnt A LOT while working here and they are very flexible with my work schedule.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:52 pm 
1337 Hooker

make ice cream/wait tables. quitting soon, happiest day of my life. For school I'm PR/political science, probably law schooling it after that, be a lobbyist someday, unless I get a great internship for a great PR firm, however unlikely that might be.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:51 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

Just quit the bank. Was a teller. Now I am chillin for the first time since I started college 4 years ago since I'll be working everylongdayfortherestofmylife starting next summer.

Quote:
goldlessbassist
why did the 80s have to end? ...

lee9340
they ran out of quality drugs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:44 pm 
Splakking Spree

FDIC ensured bank?! I GOT U