Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Xray + Guns = awesome
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:26 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

The guy that lets splak piggyback on his network just made a new website, thought I would share.

Code:
I've been working on this project for a few months as many of yall may know. I got the website up at 4:30 am today. Here's the skinny....

I had one of my machine guns worked on 6 mo. ago and needed it shipped back to a business so i had it mailed to my groups imaging center.

The delivery guy joked about signing for the package as its prob. golf clubs for some doctor. Two of our curious cat scan technologists (one of which is a competitive pistol shooter) know my hobby and thus decided to "scan the package". It made a crude but interesting image.

Since then I have done many days of scans, many different guns, tweaked the cat scanner parameters, enlisted the help of radiology technologists, used 2 graphics designers, used 2 screenprinters & talked to a third, tested ideas with informal surveys, got lots of input from friends, tried to make sure nobody stole my idea/images thus beating me to the punch, built a initial website (very painful indeed), spent a load of $$$, held discussions with IP lawyer, set up shipping, set pricing, bought & evaluated 20 different types of T shirts, tested various ways to print high resolution black and white, spent over 100 hrs of my personal time, spent lots of friends time, read a ton about t shirts, etc. Basically I went all out. The general idea is a high resolution CAT scan image of an interesting gun on the front of a shirt with technical data concerning that gun on the back, written in the language of whatever country that gun was first designed in. I have 4 now with a few more in the works if people actually like them.  I know the site is ugly but I'll will get it cleaned up. I just needed to get something operational up for now.

Anyway...this isn't a sales pitch. It's just what has consumed me lately. Take a look if you find these attached images interesting. Offer suggestions for improvement (info is ok; but not on the site page layout itself....that will change soon). I have no idea how to market this and dont know if I really want to as my per t shirt cost is like a million dollars....

This was more of a grand experiment in the melding of my radiology career and my gun hobby than anything. Certainly though,  if you know a gun collector friend pass this easy to remember link on to him/her.   
www.xrayguns.com

Thanks,
Houston

So check out www.xrayguns.com

Here are the pictures he attached in the email to me:
Attachment:
tiny mac10 image w  wate.jpg
tiny mac10 image w wate.jpg [ 14.5 KiB | Viewed 2668 times ]

Attachment:
mm23e in scanner wat sm.jpg
mm23e in scanner wat sm.jpg [ 56.5 KiB | Viewed 2668 times ]

Attachment:
MM23E ct imagesmall wat.jpg
MM23E ct imagesmall wat.jpg [ 23.5 KiB | Viewed 2668 times ]

Attachment:
AR15 front.jpg
AR15 front.jpg [ 56 KiB | Viewed 2668 times ]

Attachment:
AR15 back.jpg
AR15 back.jpg [ 62 KiB | Viewed 2668 times ]

Attachment:
AK47 front.jpg
AK47 front.jpg [ 49.5 KiB | Viewed 2668 times ]

Attachment:
AK47 back.jpg
AK47 back.jpg [ 65.5 KiB | Viewed 2668 times ]

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:59 pm 
Some kid.
Some kid.

Holy shit! That's awesome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:48 pm 
1337 Hooker

HEH, SWEET!