It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The next L4D2 update
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:40 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Quote:
January 22, 2010 - L4D Team

With our last update having come out a few weeks ago and the next one a few weeks out, we wanted to let people know what we are working on. In addition to "The Passing" DLC, we are working on some other updates coming for both PC and 360. While not a complete list by any means, we wanted to give a heads up on a few Versus changes coming.

Bots
We are adding bots for the Infected team to help out the Infected when they are down a man or two. This will also make 1v1 Versus a bit more fun.

Auto-spawning
We've also been experimenting with a solution for auto-spawning in Versus finales. Even though it's pretty obvious from the L4D forums that EVERYONE LOVES auto-spawning in finales, we figured, what the hell-we'd just go ahead and remove auto-spawning anyway. But before we make any change to Versus we always need to see how the game is currently being played.

So how do finales currently play out? Across all finales in Left 4 Dead 2 currently, a single survivor has a 34.56% chance of escaping. That includes the Concert Finale in "Dark Carnival", which boasts close to a 50% escape rate (and yes, a fix for everyone's favorite cheese spot is coming). Remove the Concert Finale, and we see the average drop to 29.61%. With these figures in mind, when we make changes, we can measure the difference and see how much the change impacted the balance.

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=3362

Infected bots (without the use of the half broken plugin that is out there), and so will removal of auto spawn during finale, Woot!

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post subject: Re: The next L4D2 update
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:57 pm 
Head Cheerleader

FINALLY, haha about time they added bots to infected and removed the damn auto-spawn especially from the concert finale.

But I hope the bots in infected wont be too bugged or be too dumb, so we will see how this plays out. I'm pretty excited

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:59 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Gdogg wrote:
FINALLY, haha about time they added bots to infected and removed the damn auto-spawn especially from the concert finale.

But I hope the bots in infected wont be too bugged or be too dumb, so we will see how this plays out. I'm pretty excited

I'm sure they will act the same way (maybe smarter) than they do in campaign. There is a plugin called infected-bots, and it just adds the campaign infected bots, but poorly.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:07 pm 
Has their been any news or dates about this new DLC to when it might been seen?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:04 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

No set time on "The Passing" to be released.