Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Field of View
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:50 am 
From Left 4 Dead 2 PC Steam Community
"CREDITS DOESN'T GO TO ME I DIDN'T DO THIS.
For the past few weeks I've been working on plugins, mostly stuff to have fun with friends. I made one now to change the horrid viewmodel fov so it's not so in-your-face. I could code this to change the infected's viewmodel fov too, but I think those are actually really good as they are. I'll add those in if anyone really wants it though.

The command to adjust it is 'viewmodel_fov_override', I think the default is 50, but you can set it to whatever now. You can use it on any server, it doesn't need cheats or anything enabled. No, you won't get VAC banned. This is no worse than sourcemod.

To install, just extract viewmodeloverride.dll and viewmodeloverride.vdf into addons.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UR5Y7J8M"

just a little somethin somethin i found
i tryed it out its way awesome like the magnum you can ACTUALLY GET THAT DAMN GUN out of your face now i put my fov at 100 and it literally looks like real life the gun it a good foot away from your face not 1 inch so just thought i would share it

Post subject: Re: Field of View
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:17 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Can you take some before/after screen-shots (or 50 then 100).

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:47 am 
yes their are some model holes but hey im happy with it because the guns are away from my face

these 2 i forgot the before so these are the after

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:57 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

I like it because personally I hate how it seems so zoomed in as if I were looking through a scope and +1 for the find.

Thank you Ghost!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:02 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

This week's update allows you to set it yourself now:

Quote:
Updates to Left 4 Dead 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Left 4 Dead 2

* New mutation: Chainsaw Massacre
* In Versus Special Infected bots spawn within 10 seconds of the Survivors leaving the safe room
* Shortened spawn times for human Special Infected when the Infected team isn’t full. The time difference is added to the timer of the next bot in line to spawn
* Exposed client console variable cl_viewmodelfovsurvivor to let players adjust their viewmodel FOV
* To use this type cl_viewmodelfovsurvivor ## in the console. ## can be any number from 0-128 the default is 51

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:50 pm 
yes this is a great thing im glad they have made it public the models were way to close to the screen and it didnt seem very realistic (yeah i know its a game not the point) its just i want to visualise the fact that im someone playing a shooter as if i was holding the gun shooting zombies

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:04 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

I'm missing out on Chainsaw Massacre... =(