Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Arenas!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:29 pm 
Head Cheerleader

So i've been checkin' out some of your guy's gear (Display and all them)and you guys are all 'arena'd' out.

Me and penguin plan on making a Mage Rogue 2s team and I want to know well, some of the basics. Should I go ahead and get the Furious set? I don't really benefit from Triumphs anymore besides crusader orbs for gear.. Or should I make a 2s team, get my rating up and start to get some of the gear from rewards? When I go in my raid gear, I tend to get... raped. I've been deciding what spec also, I kind of liked the Cold blood guide but still doesn't work that well.

Anyways yeah, I'm a noob.

[quote="
.:Splak|DorkyGurl [boatsN'hoes]"]
no im a 40 year old flaming homosexual! [/quote]

Post subject: Re: Arenas!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:24 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

Always always always deck yourself out in full furious, relentless if you can grab it. Especially as a double dps team. Then pretty much just practice being as annoying as well with your utilities while completely obliterating them.

If you cant kill them within 30 seconds, iceblock/vanish, rinse, repeat.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:28 pm 
Head Cheerleader

I've been joining the skirmish fights recently and I get raped so I just try to lock down a caster / healer pretty well. I can get them locked down for a good 45 seconds - 1 minute.

[quote="

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:44 am 
of the Four Horsemen.
of the Four Horsemen.

You need to have a lot of synergy with your mage to make it work. WOTLK has kinda killed double deeps but it's still effective, def. glad viable (if 2s still let titles given).

Your mage needs to wear as much PvE gear as possible (try to stick around 500-600 resil though), you need a lot of haste which PvP doesn't have. You usually won't ever get focused as a mage unless its' a hunter/x team, but even then hunter teams are free points for m/r

As the rogue wear at least 4pc pvp gear for the 4pc bonus. In any other comp or bracket you usually go for full pvp gear, with exceptions to like a few PvE nonsets (exalted ashen ring for example). You are usually focus'd, but with CloS and double vanish/evasions it usually provides you enough time until you can nuke something down.

Most typical wins will come from killing either the healer or dps depending from chain sheeps/blind/counter-spell etc. However, it's also pretty easy to chain sheep someone, hope he trinkets then swap on him with a full cheapshot/ks and cycle sheeps on the other person. Adapt the match from what who trinkets what.

If things go wrong you can always get out of there with the mage buying you time to vanish/get back in stealth. Eat, stealth, and go for a reset.
As for the spec goes, I would say this is the best M/R spec for the rogue:
http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xm ... 0000000000
It's an envenom spec, basically get 5 stacks of deadly poison ASAP, and spam envenom like crazy. Also make sure you are using a 1.4 offhand and stack AP

edit: furious gear >>> 232 toc gear. Unless you have access to 251+ ilevel gear, don't bother with PvE gear. Your mage still needs a good amount of haste, which pvp gear won't give you (the nonsets are not enough)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:50 pm 
Head Cheerleader

I have that build, but i'm in full pve gear.

I did skirmishes all last night and i'm getting the hang of it rather well. I havn't had the chance to get a mage in my group yet but this is normally what I do:

Pick a target, normally a healer (if there is one) sap,wait a second, cheap shot, mut, mut, even, blind, restealth, repeat.

Also, Kevin (Penguin) was telling me new pvp gear was coming out within the next 2 weeks? Should I wait for that? I Have about.. 60k honor and not hard to farm at all.

[quote="

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:14 pm 
of the Four Horsemen.
of the Four Horsemen.

New PvP gear = Wrathful set. Does not cost honor points, but arena points. Unless he meant wrathful NONsets then yep, but you'll need the rating. Not like it's hard to get 1300 though, lol. In the new season you can buy furious gear with honor points though, but you can already do that with triumph badges which is wayyyy easier to get.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:48 pm 
Head Cheerleader

I also could just split them apart, I could probably get the lower pieces with my honor and the rest with my triumphs?

[quote="

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:09 am 
of the Four Horsemen.
of the Four Horsemen.

Get the furious set pieces (legs, hands) with triumph badges. Get 1300 rating at the start of the season and get the wrathful nonset (neck, boots, etc.) pieces. It's not very hard and it will save you in the long run with the honor grind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:45 am 
Splakking Spree

I SUCK DICK AT PVP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:37 am 
Splakking Spree

Just do this, get 1300 rating.
-Bot in AV
-Use the honor you "earn" to get all the non sets as well as any other honor gear you need and gems
-Do Arena in your new gear to get more gear

Flawless strategy lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:41 pm 
How Do I Spiderman??!??1

pretty much what vexed said

don't take 2v2 too seriously, cause every other game you will get hard-countered and may as well leave the match
also M/R isnt the rollface comp it once was in season 5, you'll have to get good openers and good crowd control

and have fun with death knights

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:18 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

although gear is pretty important in arena, I tend to believe learning strategy and actually implementing is a just a tad more important.

I would take more time focusing on opening strats against certain teams, learning your class entirely, and then learning the spells and abilities of the other classes.

gear will get you far to an extent, but then comes the skill aspect of things. practice with your friend a lot and get to know each other play styles.

if you want to be good at arena it takes all of that. remember the 10,000 hour rule. to be an expert at anything, it takes roughly 10,000 hours to achieve that....happy hunting haha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:02 pm 
Splakking Spree

So I was looking around AJ and I found 2 stickies that can help out some of your or other's problems in arena and pvp in general in World of Warcraft :

How to improve your arena ratings

Tutorial: Mechanics

Hope these help, I've been noticing that Arenajunkies has become more "new player oriented" meaning that some of the top PvPers are now posting their general strategies and tips to improve your gameplay not only in arena but in every other aspect of WoW. Some of the things they start to talk about are positioning, when to play offensive/defensive and some more arena tips that will help you get higher ratings in arena. Most if not all top Pvpers emphasize the importance of improving your gameplay and always learning from your mistakes. It's just like in CS if you fraps all your scrims you can look back and see what you did in certain situations and only have room to improve. I like that mentality and I hope it sticks with WoW as much as it did/does in other games.

It's all about that Kaizen mannnn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:37 pm 
Head Cheerleader

That helped a lot, If you wanna look me up sometime tomorrow i'll log out in my pvp gear. I am probably goin' with a Priest as my partner..

[quote="

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:55 pm 
Splakking Spree

;)