Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My new Computer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:59 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

These are all the parts I got so far. I'm not sure so I'd like it if you guys check them out and see if it all works. Mostly the heatsink and cthe case is what I'm iffy about.

Case: AZZA Solano 1000 Black/Black Japanese SECC Steel/Metal mesh in front ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar SE WD3200JBRTL 320GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 3.5" Hard Drive

Video Card: SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

CD/DVD Drive: Sony Optiarc Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1678A - OEM

Power Supply: Antec EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V Ver.2.2 / EPS12V version 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active ... - Retail

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model BL2KIT25664AR80A - Retail

Mother Board: Intel BOXDG33FBC LGA 775 Intel G33 ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 Wolfdale 3.06GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80571E7600 - Retail

Heat Sink: XIGMATEK Dark Knight-S1283V 120mm Long Life Bearing CPU Cooler - Retail

All are bought from Newegg.com

EDIT: I'm also thinking about not going with Intel this time and going AMD. I just realized when I checked the price it was 800$ so I'll see how going with full amd goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:30 pm 
OmG H4x !!!111one!!eleventyone!

Yeah check out AMD. Prices are going down on some quality stuff. I would get a hard drive and and even your dvd drive with a SATA connector. Cables take up a lot less space as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:07 pm 
Splakking Spree

Try 4allmemory.com ... i found a lot of stuff pretty cheap so yeah :) and on the ram and all the recommended stuff by them (4 all memory) has free shipping

^LOL
wonderbread wrote:
Randy wrote:
If you jailbreak it why would you need to buy guns?

wtf?

The Smashing Pumpkins wrote:
"If there is a god, I know he loves to rock"

Quote:
"Are you an illusion, or am I just getting stoned?"

Quote:
I’m gonna give you to the count of 10, to get your ugly, yellow no good kiesta off my property, before I pump your guts full of led!–Angels with Dirty Faces

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:17 pm 

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811129061
Hard Drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6822136098
Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813128387
Wireless Adapter: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6833180052
Video Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814102825
CD/DvD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6827106274
Memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820231166
CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819103674

I would much appreciate it if someone could tell me if these parts go together. Also, my question is do you need a heatsink? And if so does it come with your processor?

This is my AMD build. I liked it much better so I thik Im gonna go with it.

A couple of the parts are from what Cole suggested to incubus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:39 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Yeah, MUCH better value to go with a phenom II setup than a core2 duo setup, I simply would not build a dual core pc anymore, except for someone like a parent who will not use it but for email.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:11 pm 

But does this setup work together?

Core 2 Duo can suck my balls. Its way too overpriced.
Dual Core is still good for everything except gaming.
But the reason I didn't want a quad core is because CZ doesn't support multi core systems.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:45 pm 

huh? You can play CZ. That setup is way better. I have the Phenon II 940 and its awesome. It will come with a heatsink and fan. Dont know if you plan on overclocking or not. From the reviews it looks as though the stock heatsink and fan do good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:15 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Vulture wrote:
huh? You can play CZ. That setup is way better. I have the Phenon II 940 and its awesome. It will come with a heatsink and fan. Dont know if you plan on overclocking or not. From the reviews it looks as though the stock heatsink and fan do good.

We overclocked my roommates 940 (3.0ghz) to 3.5, with a slight voltage increase, was 100% stable on the stock heatsink, then backed it off to 3.4 and left it there.

BTW, AMD is releasing a new top chip the 965, 3.4ghz in a week or so, it will be priced about $220, its the exact same chip as the 940 though, just a new batch and higher default clock. Great price though!

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:08 am 

hmmm sounds good but I think 3.2 ghz is fast enough. I'm planning to overclock to 3.6. and maybe they will have a price drop! Hopefully.

So my last question. If I were to order these parts, would they all connect with eachother?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:13 am 

Yeha mines OC to 3.69 not on the stock cooler though. Everything will go together but dont forget a power supply didnt see one listed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:25 am 

Thanks Vulture! If you don't mind asking a last question. What power do I need. I was thinking like 650W but idk.

Video Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814121320

^ is that good at all? I mean it has an hdmi output for a 35$ video card. Btw if that could run l4d or source games I'm down and I'll upgrade it later.

Again, thanks so much for the help guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:38 am 
Hung Like Chuck Norris

12v rails is good, look at rails and the wattage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:45 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

cursed sasuke wrote:
12v rails is good, look at rails and the wattage

This the amps on the 12v rail that matters. You will see it listed like 16a 12v1, 16a 12v2, 16a 12v3, 16a 12v4, meaning 4 12volt rails, running 16 amps each = 64amps. My card requires like 36 amps, so yeah, wattage is not important, amps are (but the higher wattage psu's will have more amps).

ballinsk8r4lyf wrote:
Thanks Vulture! If you don't mind asking a last question. What power do I need. I was thinking like 650W but idk.

Video Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814121320

^ is that good at all? I mean it has an hdmi output for a 35$ video card. Btw if that could run l4d or source games I'm down and I'll upgrade it later.

Again, thanks so much for the help guys.

Thats a pretty cheap video card, I have one of those (9600GSO) sitting around, but it will play most of this things out on mid/high settings, then you can buy another one and replace it in a year or so. But FYI, a GTX260 or higher (about $170) will be 5x as powerful as that card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:50 am 

Ok thanks Cole. I think I'll be rolling with that card for a while and upgrade as needed. I think I will be ordering parts very soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:02 am 

Grrr I finally got back home today and saw my new parts came. I put it together and realized the motherboard didn't recognize the hard drive. After messing with the bios I got it to realize it. It installed windows. Now, it rebooted and is saying

verifying dmi pool data .........
A disk read error occurred
press ctrl+alt+del to restart.

I did that and it just keeps restarting.

Help? Anyone?

Edit: I looked in bios and realized my hard drive was the slave and my DVD drive was the master. I switched the jumper block on the DVD and now they are both slaves. I have a seagate barracuda 7200.8 400gb. How can I change it master and if I do will it fix my problem?