Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vid Card Error
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:44 am 
OmG H4x !!!111one!!eleventyone!

so, i told you guys that my vid card all of a sudden went pooof on me. well i found out that i installed it improperly? well one guy said on a different forum, that i have to reinstall the drivers and reinstall the card. Anyways can anyone post a manual or something so when i do get my internet back, i can start doing this. thanks ;]

[Toi et moi,jusqu'a la fin de nos jours<3
K&B Forever Since 5.27.09]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:53 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

Go to the site of the video card and look for your video card and go to it's download section and dl the most recent version. It should be a .exe and after you run it your comp will recognize it. Gl with your new vid card!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:17 am 

well it said i installed improperly therefore... it ran improperly also the drivers were messed up? iono.. i know i'm not installing shit to my PC again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:30 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

krankster wrote:
well it said i installed improperly therefore... it ran improperly also the drivers were messed up? iono.. i know i'm not installing shit to my PC again.

Installed improperly? how?

Im not following what you are saying. The card is physically installed wrong? In the wrong slot (very unlikely), you forgot to hook up the power cable (if it even had one)?

Or you did the drivers wrong?

Give some more detail, and be careful of what some guy says, ask the people on here who do this for a living.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:26 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

O whoops didn't read that whole part. Maybe you forgot a power cable? Like Cole said we need more detail and specifically wwhat card is it? Something that my friend did wrong was plug it into the wrong slot. I can't remember what it was exactly but Cole will know. He had a gigabyte motherboard and it had one blue slot and one orange slot that both had same openings for the vid card. He was supposed to plug it in the blue. Anyways I think Cole will know the solution. Gl!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 am 

ColeLT1 wrote:
krankster wrote:

Installed improperly? how?

Im not following what you are saying. The card is physically installed wrong? In the wrong slot (very unlikely), you forgot to hook up the power cable (if it even had one)?

Or you did the drivers wrong?

Give some more detail, and be careful of what some guy says, ask the people on here who do this for a living.

no no it's in the right slot, PCI i know that for sure and i think i found the solution...

"The Code 10 error is most often a result of not having the option "Assign IRQ to VGA" enabled in your motherboards system BIOS. Please note: Making changes to your system BIOS can cause your computer to malfunction or become inoperable. If you are unsure how to make BIOS changes, don’t. Seek assistance from your system administrator or technician. If you are familiar with making changes to your BIOS, you may proceed with this section.

To enter the system BIOS for most PC’s, you need to repeatedly click the “F1” or “Del” key on your keyboard as soon as you turn on your computer until it brings you to the system BIOS. If this does not bring you to your system BIOS, consult your motherboard manufacturer or system manufacturer for more information. Once inside of the system BIOS, search for the option “Assign IRQ to VGA”. Check that this option is enabled and then save these settings. Exit the system BIOS and boot back into Windows. The error code should be gone"

and here i thought my vid card busted or something..
so somehow while playing San Andreas, it did something to my BIOS..? seems retarded to me. well gotta love them 6 year old PCs. just too damn old. ;]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:15 am 

so i went to bios.. found out i have IRQ 5 and IRQ 7. There was no VGA... so what am i suppose to do? rofll..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:43 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

If it worked before, then stopped, and you did not go into bios to make it stop, then you should not be messing around in bios to find a fix.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:09 am 

well it said at nvidia that it's the cause. i'm not sure why VGA isn't showing up as an option. so, i'm guessing i should uninstall the card and reinstall to see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:26 pm 
The British One
The British One

^ Probably should of done that first, just to double check.

[Recruitment Moderator and Co-Recruiter]
Got any questions? PM me and i'll try and help.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:33 am 

well i would, but my internet at home doesn't work. so i can't update it and i also have find the cd somewhere..heh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:09 am 
Splakking Spree

if you have a flashdrive, download the drivers on it. take it home and reinstall them for the card by transfering them to your desktop and running them.

ColeLT1 - Wyatt talked like that before it was cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:25 am 

wish i had a flashdrive rofll =____=;; , thanks though storky ;D