Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bought a new case
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:49 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

http://www.techreport.com/articles.x/17852

If it comes in by Wed, I will have it done over the holidays, and a full writeup will follow of my switch from a P182 to this case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... air%20case

Selling my P182 to Jarrod (Kaz/co-founder of splak), for his new build next month. Bought a case that was made for water cooling. If you read the techreport review it runs kinda hot, but that is because the top is open, mine will have my radiator mounted there, with 3 fans, so tons more cooling than what they have, like so:
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/image ... ssis_.html

This way, I will have room for more video cards next year, the water cooling stuff will be more out of the way, and I will re-use this case and cooling for my next build.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:26 pm 
Some kid.
Some kid.

Nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:18 pm 
Head Cheerleader

Awesome. Even though its original i really like how the case looks. Very spacious.
This is the case i just got:

It's like a remake of the Antec 900, but I like it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811517004

Due to me living in Las Vegas I need a system with improved venting, and this baby is packed with 1 120mm fan for the back for exhaust, 2 140mm fans in the front for intake, and 2 230mm fans(yes i said 2) one on top for exhaust and another on the side for intake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:22 pm 
Chuck Norris' Beard

Antec 900 best out of all

"He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic..."

After I'm gone your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:28 pm 
Splakking Spree

Damn..this case is found online for over $800 :shock:

^LOL
wonderbread wrote:
Randy wrote:
If you jailbreak it why would you need to buy guns?

wtf?

The Smashing Pumpkins wrote:
"If there is a god, I know he loves to rock"

Quote:
"Are you an illusion, or am I just getting stoned?"

Quote:
I’m gonna give you to the count of 10, to get your ugly, yellow no good kiesta off my property, before I pump your guts full of led!–Angels with Dirty Faces

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:57 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

smackAhoe wrote:
Awesome. Even though its original i really like how the case looks. Very spacious.
This is the case i just got:

It's like a remake of the Antec 900, but I like it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811517004

Due to me living in Las Vegas I need a system with improved venting, and this baby is packed with 1 120mm fan for the back for exhaust, 2 140mm fans in the front for intake, and 2 230mm fans(yes i said 2) one on top for exhaust and another on the side for intake.

Yeah, that really does look like the 900

cornholio wrote:

The 900 is good for what it is, flows a shit ton of air, but gets really dusty, no filters, and is cluttered when built. The major gripe I have with the 900, is if you took away all the fans, the actual engineering of the case is pretty simple, just a line of drive bays, no heat sections, no tool-less drive removal, it reminds me of an old 1998 computer case, with a shit ton of fans. Not a fun case to work on, or to try to do any cable management/hiding. I would take a P180/182/183 any day over a 900.

Which one looks like they put more time and design into?
900:

P182:

[Y.A.]RoMoDaNn wrote:
Damn..this case is found online for over $800 :shock:

The one for 800 includes water cooling components, I am moving all my stuff into the case, since I have all high end water cooling stuff.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:23 pm 
Chuck Norris' Beard

Well, personally, I hate tool-less crap. I'm really bad for them. Other than that, everything you said about it is true.

"He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic..."

After I'm gone your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:29 pm 
Head Cheerleader

cornholio wrote:

Although Antec is one of the top brands out their I have to disagree on that.

As Cole said the 900 is a dust collector. The Solano has filters, and in addition it runs cooler than the p182(or so says this site:http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2346224,00.asp) the only problem is its slightly noisy, but that is not a problem with me. Also the inside of the case isn't as dull as the 900, and even though its not as well built and fancy looking as the p182. It does have a motherboard tray to run the cables behind it for cable management. I also like the grill at the bottom of the case to vent out my PSU when times get tough. Here's a picture of the inside of the case:

Here's what the case looks like all around:
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1044/3/[/url]

I would personally take this case over the 900.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:50 am 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

For 300$ it better have a built in fleshlight or something

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:13 am 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

My 900 had to be cleaned almost weekly. Also, with all the fans on medium. Cole and I had to talk louder in the office be able to hear each other. I loved it. It will always be my favorite case. But my needs moved on. I needed something a little more practical for me.

bob wrote:
Sorry,

my brother called you a retard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:13 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

ballinsk8r4lyf wrote:
For 300$ it better have a built in fleshlight or something

Nope, but will be really easy to work on, change parts, add my 2nd video card (GTX360), to my already huge-normous 9800GX2 setup. Will look similar to this when built:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:14 pm 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

It's in, and the box is fucking HUGE!

bob wrote:
Sorry,

my brother called you a retard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:48 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

Wow, no joke it looks awesome, but for a budget computer its really impractical. I do like how easy it makes it to route the wires, makes it look real nice and neat. Also I can tell the PSU is at the bottom I've never used a PSU from the bottom. Also why would you need 2 video cards unless your running two/4 monitors?

Besides that, congrats on that new case it is amazing. I wish I had that dough, but I don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:09 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Chris and I already run 2 video cards (kinda). We both have a 9800GX2, which is 2 9800gtx's smashed together with a cooler between them... SLI-on-a-stick as its called. I only paid $100 for this card a year ago. One of my roommates had quad video cards (quad sli) and sold half of them to me, and half to Chris, he now has dual GTX260s.

This card will become my dual physics processors once I get a new card (in about 12 months or so), or I will sell it and buy a cheap card for physics. So I will have a video card and a physics card. For batman I had to turn off the SLI on my cards, use 1 for video and 1 for physics because the batman game runs much better with 2 cards.

My current case also has the PSU at the bottom in its own heat chamber, even though its a large case, its still cramped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:14 pm 
Head Cheerleader

Hes basically stating that 2 video cards are better than one. hahah