Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:35 am 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

Well, my mobo has an integrated graphics card (Radeon HD 4200) and on the 2.0 PCI Express X16 slot there is my 9800 gt. I have two monitors and used to connect both to my 9800 gt, but I am wondering if I can connect the primary one to the 9800 and the other to the integrated GMA. Is this possible? And if so how do I go about doing it? Btw, I am fine with using both on the 9800 gt, but when it is using dual monitor I noticed it gets about 40 fps, and when I run it on a single monitor I get around 100 fps... also not I am running windows 7.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:01 am 
Some kid.
Some kid.

lol my 8400gs when running dual screen can still run cs:s at 100fps

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:02 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

GMA = intel, I think you meant IGP, anyway, yes you can do that, in certain situations, it depends on a few things. First, when you put in PCIex16 card, does it disable your IGP? If it does, then you are SOL. If you can hook a monitor to your board, while your 9800gt is plugged in (but no monitor hooked up) and it works, you may have a chance. Also, Windows 7 allows multiple drivers / different brands.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:40 pm 
Splakking Spree

So if i'd get a 8400gs would i get 100FPS on a single screen? Cause i get 28.08 in CS:S .... and it sucks

^LOL
wonderbread wrote:
Randy wrote:
If you jailbreak it why would you need to buy guns?

wtf?

The Smashing Pumpkins wrote:
"If there is a god, I know he loves to rock"

Quote:
"Are you an illusion, or am I just getting stoned?"

Quote:
I’m gonna give you to the count of 10, to get your ugly, yellow no good kiesta off my property, before I pump your guts full of led!–Angels with Dirty Faces

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:47 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

[Y.A.]RoMoDaNn wrote:
So if i'd get a 8400gs would i get 100FPS on a single screen? Cause i get 28.08 in CS:S .... and it sucks

8400 is about 2 generations old, you can get a modern card that will be much more powerful for cheap. Like a 9800 is around 10x the power, and can be had for around $90.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:02 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

So I tested it out. When I plugged my primary into the 9800 it recognized it and the second monitor was hooked up to the IGP (forgot about that) and once I went to windows 7 monitor screen it only le the video output be from my 9800 and not the igp. It also couldn't find the second monitor. Btw on css I get 250 fps on dust 2 with dual monitor so shush.

Last edited by ballinsk8r4lyf on Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:30 pm 
Some kid.
Some kid.

lol