Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:45 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Please read the entire post before you ask any questions.

I am just "testing the waters" for my PNY 9800gx2 overclocked edition video card for sale. The card itself is actually 2 video cards with a single cooler sandwiched between them, so its twin 9800's with an "internal SLI bridge." It is about the exact same power as twin 9800s, or a single gtx260, it has a good bit more power than the gtx260 on paper, but with SLI you only get about 85% of the real power out of it.

From: http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=88&pgno=7
Card------mp/s----mt/s--gb/s
9800gx2-19,200--47,232--128
GTX260--16,128--41,472--112

GTX260 sells for about 160-200 bucks:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... rchInDesc=

9800gx2 sells for more:
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&cl ... CBoQrQQwAA

But I am trying to give anyone on here a good deal, so $100 plus shipping (so $120 shipped). The card has had its thermal material replaced with Gelid thermal compound (which is better than arctic silver 5) a few weeks ago, which will never go bad, so it will run much cooler than stock. Please realize that this is a VERY LARGE CARD, 11inches long (look at pics at bottom), it will not fit in a standard small case, even in my antec p182 I could not use the upper hard drive bays because the card would hit. Also realize that it is 2 cards, in 1 cards worth of space, it WILL put out a ton of heat. If the buyer likes, I will walk him/her though the process of installing riva tuner and setting the fan temps to lower, so it kicks up to high fan earlier, and this will drop the temp on the card by 20c, but not force the fan to spin fast when not needed.

This card REQUIRES a 6pin and a 8pin PCIe power cable from your power supply, so don't expect this card to work without BOTH those connectors.

I am using this card on my computer right now and am playing L4D2 at 1920x1080 resolution with everything maxed out and AA/AF on 16xq, so literally maxed out on l4d with 60fps at all times. You can also run this card with the SLI turned off, I did this for batman arkham asylum, 1 card for video, the other for physx, I did this at full graphics and full physics settings, and AA on 8x, with 40-60 fps. This card has 2 DVI, and 1 HDMI outputs, so you can output this card to your computer and to your HD-TV (hdmi).

The reason I am selling this card, is that I am going to be buying the GTX360 card in a few months, but would also like a dedicated physics card. Since I don't need 2 cards for physX, one half of this card would be sitting idle, doing nothing for the rest of its life but putting out heat. So I am going to by a GTX260, for like 200 bucks (but only have to pay 100 if I sell my current card), once that card does not play everything at full settings, I will buy a GTX360 or whatever, then use the GTX260 for a physX. If this card does not sell on here, then I will just wait for the new card to come out, and ebay mine (and will get 150 or even more for it: http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=9800gx ... &_osacat=0 ).

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:02 am 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

Also, if he gets the full 120 for his, then there might be an opportunity for you to do quad sli, as I might sell mine as well.

bob wrote:
Sorry,

my brother called you a retard.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:17 pm 
Splakking Spree

Im'a talk to my dad about buying it since i'm trying to build a PC.. I got a big ass case from an older computer I'm using and it's like 3 and a half feet tall.. And 2 and a half feet wide.. so i'm guessing it will fit in there xD. Anyway, it's awesome but you think you could help me with installing it and with computer parts to go with it if i do/when i buy it?

^LOL
wonderbread wrote:
Randy wrote:
If you jailbreak it why would you need to buy guns?

wtf?

The Smashing Pumpkins wrote:
"If there is a god, I know he loves to rock"

Quote:
"Are you an illusion, or am I just getting stoned?"

Quote:
I’m gonna give you to the count of 10, to get your ugly, yellow no good kiesta off my property, before I pump your guts full of led!–Angels with Dirty Faces

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:52 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Yep, if you build a pc, I can help you out with all the other parts, and get you the best bang for the buck.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:29 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

Well I was considering this too haha , and since Cole knows the parts I wanna get would this be compatible with my MoBo?

| SHOOP DA WHOOOOP!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:48 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Whoever buys it first gets it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:40 am 
1337 Hooker

That beast would never fit in my computer.

(you know your my skinny rockin english brother right reaper?)

bob wrote:
I'm picking up my toys and going home.