It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Low FPS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:29 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

wonderbread2 wrote:
ColeLT1 wrote:
System idle process is your available (unused) cpu %, for example an idle computer will say 99% on the system idle.

Svhost.exe is a virus/worm (if you do all the steps I told you above, especially the antivirus from Microsoft, you will be fine). In fact, whenever you can, click on the svhost and end task on it, it may come right back though, until it is removed.

Now if that is a typo, and you mean "svchost.exe" (notice the C in there), that is a generic name that microsoft uses for alot of things, mainly services and dll's. It is a process that runs many behind the scenes windows process. If it svchost, and stays using your computer like it is all the time, then let me know and I will walk you through on how to expand svchost to individual services so we can track down the problem.

Can normal anti viruses remove this or do we have to use the Microsoft antivirus thing to remove it? my old computer has like 20 of these running all the time, and since it looked legit to me I never knew it was a virus.

Re-read what I wrote up there,if you have like 20 of them, its the SVCHOST not SVHOST, which is part of windows.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.