Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:38 am 
OmG H4x !!!111one!!eleventyone!

So, my computer did an auto-shut down. Now, when I boot up my computer it won't get to the windows loading screen. I tried to getting to safe mode options (f8), but heh doesn't even work either(stops at a specific file and just stays there).Sooooooooo, I was wondering , for you computer geeks out there, my sister has a PC she doesn't use. Is it possible that I somehow clear her hard drive and somehow transfer my files from my hard drive to hers? Then I can replace my hard drive, with her hard drive. If so, then good, but I don't want to touch a fucking computer part ever again after the whole vid card incident ahaha.

[Toi et moi,jusqu'a la fin de nos jours<3
K&B Forever Since 5.27.09]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:25 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Yeah, you have some options, if your computer is as old as you say it is, then it has an IDE/(P)ATA drive, which is the ribbon style drive.

If you are going to buy a new drive, and install windows on it (I can hook you up with a copy if you need it, you will just have to burn it yourself), then you can hook up your old drive as a secondary drive and move stuff from the old to the new (after its up and running). Or you can do what you said above, the easiest thing to do, so you don't have to mess with any jumpers, is open her computer, unhook the data ribbon and the power cable from her cd rom, then hook those cables to your drive, boot it up and your drive should be the D: drive on her computer, when finished take your drive back out, and hook her cd rom back up.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.