Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What was your first PC?
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:19 am 
Pwn Noobies, GG

Mine was a 386 with Windows 3.1 -- it had a 500 mb hard drive. That was huge for the time I bet. :Po

What about you guys?

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:17 am 
1337 Hooker

My first was actually a laptop. Pentium: Windows 95, 8mb of ram. The processor was measured in MHz. LOL, it had a floppy drive.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:30 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Mine was a 486sx-25mhz upgraded to 8mb of ram (from 4) and a 170mb hard drive. Ran on DOS5 and Win3.1 later upgraded to DOS6 A couple years later we added a CD-ROM and a sound blaster 16. Most games took up around 30mb, so I only had room for 2 to 3 games on the computer at a time haha. The final level of Doom2 would lag once all the monsters spawned.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:38 am 
Chuck Norris' Beard

I hardly remember my first computer but I remember the sticker saying it was like a pentium pro or something.

"He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic..."

After I'm gone your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:11 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

cornholio wrote:
I hardly remember my first computer but I remember the sticker saying it was like a pentium pro or something.

Pentium Pro/ I686 / P6 one of the most influential processors in 20 years, and is still alive as the "core" architecture today. If you have a Core2, or core I7, you have a processor that is built off the Pentium Pro.

Pentium Pro -> Pentium 2 (off die cache) -> Pentium III (P2 with on die cache more or less) -> Pentium M (lower power, but higher clocked PIII) -> Core1 -> Core2 -> Core I7.

The Pentium 4 was the retirement of the Pentium Pro line, but the chip was kept alive by the Intel Israel team for mobile only chips (Pentium M), when the P4 hit a thermal/transistor leakage limit at 4ghz, they ramped up PentiumM team to build a dual core version (Core 1), then a dual core with a shared L2 cache (Core2), and so on.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:29 pm 
The infinite knowledge tree ^^ I couldnt tell you what my first pc was i didnt even know what specs a computer even had back then now i just have all the websites i bought my parts from saved in my favorites , the only think i even know about computers are video games :cry:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:03 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Gho$T wrote:
The infinite knowledge tree ^^

My roommate, Joey, Charles, and Stephanie asked me how a 2-stroke vs 4-stroke engine works, and why they burn oil (on our jet ski's) then Joey said I should change my in game name to .:Splak|Wikipedia haha.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:28 pm 
lol that would insain lol the leader of splak is a .... ? Wikipedia lol

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:06 pm 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

ColeLT1 wrote:
Gho$T wrote:

My roommate, Joey, Charles, and Stephanie asked me how a 2-stroke vs 4-stroke engine works, and why they burn oil (on our jet ski's) then Joey said I should change my in game name to .:Splak|Wikipedia haha.

I must agree,

Cole is a wealth of knowledge. Quite handy to have around the house.

bob wrote:
Sorry,

my brother called you a retard.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:05 pm 
1337 Hooker

bob wrote:
ColeLT1 wrote:
Gho$T wrote:

I must agree,

Cole is a wealth of knowledge. Quite handy to have around the house.

True that. He motivates me to learn some about comps but my general laziness and molasses like quality doesn't help me at all on that aspect. If I ever need tech questions I know who to go to. By the way when does your computer making thingy open up? Now on the knowledge about guns to use for the Zombie apocalypse. That's what this guy is for... on another note my game name should be changed to .:Splak|Lee Ho Fuc.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:38 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Wraith wrote:
By the way when does your computer making thingy open up?

I suspect if it does happen, it happens sometime in 2011, Shaggy and I are both making good money and not in a rush to move to other things. He is working on the website in his spare time, no clue how far he is, but just to guess, since he just started a new job, I would guess he has had little time to work on any of it.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:57 pm 
1337 Hooker

Oh dang yo :( Hurry up I'm willing to be your first customer :)

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:14 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

I could always build you one, it doesn't have to be through the company.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:22 pm 
Splakking Spree

ColeLT1 wrote:
I could always build you one, it doesn't have to be through the company.

Yea but it won't be the same.. I mean, being the first costumer of a future really successful company?!

^LOL
wonderbread wrote:
Randy wrote:
If you jailbreak it why would you need to buy guns?

wtf?

The Smashing Pumpkins wrote:
"If there is a god, I know he loves to rock"

Quote:
"Are you an illusion, or am I just getting stoned?"

Quote:
I’m gonna give you to the count of 10, to get your ugly, yellow no good kiesta off my property, before I pump your guts full of led!–Angels with Dirty Faces

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:31 pm 
^ hes got a point