Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:50 pm 
The British One
The British One

Hey all.

Currently in the process of setting up a 2003 windows server for a small set of computers in the technical room at my college for some extra grades. Lecturer said if I had time, to find some extra bits and bobs which I could add to the server.

I'm currently looking for a VNC sort of program which will run on the server. Not sure how it properly works - my guess you have the server program on the server (obviously) and you distribute the user ones on the computers you want.

Anyone have a preference on what programs to use? currently looking at RealVNC and UltraVNC

thanks

[Recruitment Moderator and Co-Recruiter]
Got any questions? PM me and i'll try and help.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:48 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

All the VNC's are pretty much the same, some have file transfer, some don't. Just to be sure, you are wanting to give users remote access to the server, as in all VNC really does (mostly) is give you remote video, keyboard, and mouse control.

The client/server computers have to be on the same network, unless you have a VPN or have access to the router on the server side to open (forward) the appropriate ports.

So say you were testing this in your house. You install VNC server on computer-A, input a password on the setup, and thats about it. You then install the VNC client on your other computer-B, then open VNC, punch in the computer name or the ip address, hit connect, then it will prompt your for a password. Once you are in, you will have a window, that shows the other computer, you can move your mouse, and it will move the mouse on the screen on the other computer.... and thats about it. Feel free to ask me any questions about this.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:37 am 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

logmein.com

Free, and worth it. Just make sure you use the free version. We use it for alot of our clients who don't have port forwarding available in their routers, and it does a great job.

bob wrote:
Sorry,

my brother called you a retard.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:43 am 
The British One
The British One

Is there a way for it to work the other way round also?

As in, have one main computer be able to connect to several other computers - Or have the Windows 2003 server be able to view what the other users on the network are doing?

[Recruitment Moderator and Co-Recruiter]
Got any questions? PM me and i'll try and help.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill