Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:43 am 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

Ok well, lately my internet browsers all seem to be lagging. As in they take a little while to load websites and sometimes skips out on connection for a couple minutes. It's weird because it is only my internet browsers that do it. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and IE. They all seem to be doing the same thing. It definitely is not my internet connection because vent/LoL/Utorrent/ and pretty much all other programs are working fine connection wise. What do you guys think it could be? I've tried CCleaner, I've done /flushdns, I've changed my dns, virus check with avast and spyware check with spybot. I am completely at a loss of what to try next.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:54 pm 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

What have you changed your dns to?

Try 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4. It's Google's DNS servers.

bob wrote:
Sorry,

my brother called you a retard.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:32 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Is it just your computer, or do any other computers on the same connection do the same thing?

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:39 pm 

I actually had my DNS set to Google's DNS's, changed it to another public one and it made no difference, so I changed it back. It is really just my computer, I also though maybe it could be Utorrent eating up all my connections? I currently have it set to 200 max connections and while the DL and UL speeds aren't very high on torrents could that still be the issue?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:29 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

ballinsk8r4lyf wrote:
I actually had my DNS set to Google's DNS's, changed it to another public one and it made no difference, so I changed it back. It is really just my computer, I also though maybe it could be Utorrent eating up all my connections? I currently have it set to 200 max connections and while the DL and UL speeds aren't very high on torrents could that still be the issue?

Haha, yes.... turn off utorrent and test. Torrents KILL routing, the best thing to do is set up a port forward in your router to pass through the information of the torrents to reduce the strain. Put your computer on a static IP, then forward the port that utorrent uses to your computer.

Second, you want to set your connections to a lower number, you will notice that when getting a file, maybe there will be 20 good seeds, not 200, so a number closer to 50 will be better, then you want to set up a speed limit to around half of your total download speed, and half of the upload. So say a speed test says you have 12,000mb/s down and 3,000 up. You have to convert from bits (speed test results) to bytes (as in the speed shown in u-torrent), so you divide by 8, and get 1500/375, so set your speed limits to like 750kb/s down and 180kb/s down.

This will make sure that your router has to no filtering of all the connections, and will keep it from choking on that, then it will also leave half your available bandwidth for other stuff (games, browsing the web, etc).

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:35 pm 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

ballinsk8r4lyf wrote:

That's what should have been said FIRST.

bob wrote:
Sorry,

my brother called you a retard.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:48 am 

Could that be it? I really couldn't find anything making a difference, I changed the max connections and speed but it made no difference.

Edit: While I finally found 20 minutes in my day to look at what's up with my computer. Definitely it is Utorrent causing this lag in my browser. Reducing max connections and limiting DL and UL is not helping at all. All I can think about doing is maybe trying Bittorrent out and seeing if it does the same. Also about the questions if other computers are doing it, it is also definitely affecting other computers/Iphones on the same network.

Thanks for the suggestions you guys, maybe this'll clear things up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:02 pm 
Splakking Spree

bob wrote:
ballinsk8r4lyf wrote:

That's what should have been said FIRST.

ColeLT1 - Wyatt talked like that before it was cool

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:33 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Doing the port forward on the router may fix all of your issues. Chris can back me up on this, for months we dealt with this, pages not loading, hitting refresh over and over, 20 second waits. Then I gave my roommate a static IP, forwared the ports to him, reduced his speed and connections, and it fixed our issues (mostly, on some days him taking up half, plus 3 other roommates gaming still bogged the 6mb/.5mb connection).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:38 am 

Router is already port forwarded and I have a static IP =D

I tried out bittorrent and it's working much better. Sorry Utorrent, bittorrent just shit down your throat...

Thanks for the suggestions though you guys!