Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:51 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

Hey guys, long time no see :O

Anyway, my brother has a problem with his water cooling system. He has a Corsair Hydro Series H50 and the pump seems to not be working. The fluid is stagnant and his CPU temperature was at 82C. CAN SOMEONE HELP?

PS, IMY GUYS D:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:30 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Yo Whitecat!

See if the pump is getting power first, try another power plug. If the pump itself is dead, you need to send it back (if under warranty), or you can try to fix it through an internet guide (maybe?) but those are closed systems, I am pretty sure you cannot (should not) try to work on them. All the standalone systems like that are use-till-they-break style all in one, vs custom ones like mine ( http://splak.net/computer/watercooled/new/IMG_0997.JPG )

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:23 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

Hey Cole!

We tried another plug, didn't work. I'm guessing the pump itself is dead and unfortunately it is not under warranty D: and as you said, it is one of those closed systems :[
Can you recommend me a good water cooling kit? He only wants to cool his CPU; he has an i7something.
Or will you be willing to sell a custom build one like yours? ;D

Thanks Cole! ^^

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:02 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

I would check the weekend sales for newegg and such, look for sales on a replacement kit, they are $50-100.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:40 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835181015

Would this suffice for just cooling an i7 CPU? I don't know anything about liquid cooling :S

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835181017

Or would this one last longer? My brother wants one that is reliable and lasts a long time because his water cooler died out in like 1 1/2 years... is that long? As I said before, I don't know anything about water cooling D:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:19 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

The H60 and H100 you linked are both better than the H50 that he currently has, and will suffice his setup.

I don't know the long term reliability of the water kits, I figure they would last more than a year or two, but who knows? If he isn't overclocked the stock cooler would suffice, the water cooler is overkill, they are equal to high end air cooling, but I understand why someone would want one, cold and quiet is nice.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:00 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

After his water cooler broke down, he installed the stock cooler and reapplied the thermal paste but his standby CPU temperature was 57C~58C, which is abnormally high. Any reason why that may be? D:

He might as well get the H60 water cooling system because he isn't going to overclock his CPU and the stock cooler isn't cooling the CPU well enough.

Thanks for everything, Cole! :D