Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:38 am 
of the Four Horsemen.
of the Four Horsemen.

MANN CO. STORE

More weapons, gear with SET-BONUSES for classes, and more hats :mrgreen: . The store lets people trade extra items or crafting materials to other players. You can also buy gear too.. and sell from what I've heard but I haven't seen yet in-game. see more!:

http://www.teamfortress.com/mannconomy/

Half off sale too. $10 for a great FPS shooter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:07 pm 
man i cant believe what valve has done to such a great fps but got to admit all these new weapons has brought in more people to the game so i guess i cant complain to much its still a nice game but i kinda do still wonder how many people would still be playing if this was still a vanilla TF2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:30 pm 
Splakking Spree

Display wrote:
gear with SET-BONUSES for classes

hello world of warcraft :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:10 pm 
Chuck Norris' Beard

They killed tf2

"He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic..."

After I'm gone your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:35 pm 
chunky3 wrote:

hello world of warcraft :roll:

cornholio wrote:
They killed tf2

Yes and Yes couldnt agree more

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:43 pm 
of the Four Horsemen.
of the Four Horsemen.

The game was always meant to get a stream of new content, I think all the changes have been for the better. Oh well though

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:53 pm 
yes and no it was good when their were just 3 new weapons per class but now its almost 8 -12 new weapons per class

its not just a simple fps anymore i mean yeah it is , its still point and shoot but ithese weapons just have to many abilitys and its starting to become a little over the top nessacary but i guess theirs still tfc in

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:51 pm 
Splakking Spree

Gho$T wrote:
yes and no it was good when their were just 3 new weapons per class but now its almost 8 -12 new weapons per class

its not just a simple fps anymore i mean yeah it is , its still point and shoot but ithese weapons just have to many abilitys and its starting to become a little over the top nessacary but i guess theirs still tfc in

I agree, it took me a while to understand every weapon, now once I have, they come out with new ones and I have to relearn them again. It's like playing 1 class in WoW and then making a new character playing a different class, you need to relearn everything and learn how to play. I still dont even understand all these metals and crafting.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:58 pm 
and valve doesnt even tell you the whole list of crafting you either have to guess or look them up on wiki's eh i dont know im still trying to see if the game is going to out weight all these crazy updates and weapons but for now its still a good game to play

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:12 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

just dont like the set bonus idea, no hs's on snipers once they have their full set? thats truly unfair.

| SHOOP DA WHOOOOP!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:43 am 
of the Four Horsemen.
of the Four Horsemen.

ON THE OPTIMISTIC SIDE most of the new guns are interesting and fun. The spy's new knife is so lethal on defense.. it goes so well with the cloak and dagger IMO. On the downside (which makes it balanced around the first knife) you can't disguise without killing someone, so getting saps is a buzzkill. The fish is a cool idea, and the scout finally got a decent weapon that it deserves with it's new pistol.

Wish they would come out for more pl_ maps tho :/

I do agree with this though,

wonderbread2 wrote:
just dont like the set bonus idea, no hs's on snipers once they have their full set? thats truly unfair.

Originally I thought they were just small health and or movement speed increases. This on the other hand is a little over the top.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:27 pm 
but i come on the soldier is way to over powered he has gun boats (less self rocket damage) new rocket launcher that heals +15 for each enemy hit and yeah it mulitplys if you hit 2-3-4 people at once and the whole pack you are more resistant to sentry guns but the idea of the new weapons are nice but the bonuses for the whole packs are not because it almost makes you have to buy the whole pack to get them its nearly impossible to get from random drops but it still wont make me stop playing the game so i dont know why im complaining

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:59 am 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

Why don't they update L4D2 with new guns? It needs it way more than TF2. I never liked TF2 to begin with. I hate the unrealistic and kind of childishness to the game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:24 am 
of the Four Horsemen.
of the Four Horsemen.

ballinsk8r4lyf wrote:
Why don't they update L4D2 with new guns? It needs it way more than TF2. I never liked TF2 to begin with. I hate the unrealistic and kind of childishness to the game.

There are others that do not share your opinion... be considerate or we might share ours.

Gho$T wrote:
but i come on the soldier is way to over powered he has gun boats (less self rocket damage) new rocket launcher that heals +15 for each enemy hit and yeah it mulitplys if you hit 2-3-4 people at once and the whole pack you are more resistant to sentry guns but the idea of the new weapons are nice but the bonuses for the whole packs are not because it almost makes you have to buy the whole pack to get them its nearly impossible to get from random drops but it still wont make me stop playing the game so i dont know why im complaining

Ghost I think you're kind of confused. The set-bonuses require you to wear specific weapons + a hat (the set) to get the bonus. In other words, you can't use the rocket boots with the Black Box and still get sentry defense. I found this out yesterday, which makes the Sniper set balanced around the fact that they can't headshot other snipers either with the Sydney Sleeper (S.S. cannot headshot). The Soldier has to equip the Black Box + Battalion's backup + Grenadier's cap to get the bonus... meaning he can't sport the buff banner or shotgun. Is the 20%- reduction in ONLY sentry dmg really worth no shotgun switch if your rocket launcher's empty or VSing a pyro, or the incredible minicrits the buff banner provides? See where I'm going with this? It's all a series of trade-offs, unlike MMOs where the the newest stuff is the best - this allows you to have a larger variety of weapons that suit you.. preference, if you will.

Even the new rocket-launcher is a trade-off. +15 health a hit... but you only have 3 rockets loaded.

I like the new changes - it adds more depth to the game and compliments a class-structured game. You can tell Valve has had the idea for awhile (original medic update that introduced the Kritkrieg was two-years ago), and I can only imagine how far they want to take this game. My real negative view at this point is the methods of getting the new weapons. Crafting takes a very long time when you think of amount of random items you get. ... or you could buy them, but fuck that - we're gamers.

The point is: change is good!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:28 pm 
yeah i know lol i guess i do need to work on my sentance structure but what i mean was out off all the classes the soldier has the best set of weapons than any other class he has a great way to escape bad situations , can heal himself from long distances and had a offencive and defencive way to help his teammates yeah i saw and have the set bonuses but most good soliders can always keep their enemys at a distance and the new rocket launcher doesnt have a reduce in damage the only bad thing is -1 in your magazine in my opinion thats one hell of a trade off but yeah the damage resistance vs shotgun i would go with uber + shotgun , rocket at sentry than the set bonus cause you will lose with no uber unless you are uber hahahah see what i did :/ anyways yeah and yours last statement oh yeah i definalty like valves idea to change the game but i havent gotten a random drop since the update and iv put in close to 50 hours since im starting to get bummed but you dont play the game for the weapons you play cause the game is epic awesome