All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Crysis 2
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:00 am 
http://www.ea.com/games/crysis-2

Post subject: Re: Crysis 2
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:19 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Crysis never got my attention, I have it, but never played it yet, still waiting for my next video card so I could play it on max settings haha.

FYI the Crytech3 engine (Crysis2) is a console optimized engine, so expect it to look same/worse than Crysis 1 (it will not draw near a much detail far away). My roommate has dual gtx260s and before that had a quad-sli setup with dual 9800gx2, and he can max the game out, and get decent frames as long as he held still, as soon as he moved, as Chris said "It became the best looking power point slide show he had ever seen."

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:02 am 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

ColeLT1 wrote:
Crysis never got my attention, I have it, but never played it yet, still waiting for my next video card so I could play it on max settings haha.

FYI the Crytech3 engine (Crysis2) is a console optimized engine, so expect it to look same/worse than Crysis 1 (it will not draw near a much detail far away). My roommate has dual gtx260s and before that had a quad-sli setup with dual 9800gx2, and he can max the game out, and get decent frames as long as he held still, as soon as he moved, as Chris said "It became the best looking power point slide show he had ever seen."

+1 karma for quoting me! :)

bob wrote:
Sorry,

my brother called you a retard.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:34 pm 
Chuck Norris' Beard

+1 karma for +1 karming it up

"He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic..."

After I'm gone your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:48 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

+1 karma for your +1 karma for his +1 karma, karming it up zomg.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:03 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

C-C-COMBO BREAKER

| SHOOP DA WHOOOOP!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:47 pm 
1337 Hooker

I cry every time they take a game that screams pc and dumbs it down and smacks it up a bit so it don't look so pretty so it can go on every console possible.

/End nerd moment

(you know your my skinny rockin english brother right reaper?)

bob wrote:
I'm picking up my toys and going home.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:56 pm 
^ agreed their are some games that should never be console games and then vice versa even though i love the splinter cell series they should leave that on the consoles is way better but yes i would say that the half life series and related Valve games should be PC only because they would have a better reputation when they put HL2 on xbox alot of people started complaining that the game was not very fun and graphics and blah blah blah well no shit its a pc game because you can mod the hell out of it and xbox didnt have a very good graphics system compared to the nice pc's of the time but yes crysis should have most deff been a pc only game just my 2 cents

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:07 am 
Splakking Spree

I don't see the point in making a game where you NEED a ridiculously high powered graphics card, that's what kept me away from this game and I assume a lot of other people.

and for some reason they were boasting about that? "yea! if your computer is 5 weeks old it CANNOT run crysis on high, med(and even low). GLHF buy this game"

I'm sure a lot of comps can play it, buy I'm too fixated on playing with high setting graphics from all the source games that going lower kind of bugs me

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:37 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Mr.orange wrote:
I don't see the point in making a game where you NEED a ridiculously high powered graphics card, that's what kept me away from this game and I assume a lot of other people.

and for some reason they were boasting about that? "yea! if your computer is 5 weeks old it CANNOT run crysis on high, med(and even low). GLHF buy this game"

I'm sure a lot of comps can play it, buy I'm too fixated on playing with high setting graphics from all the source games that going lower kind of bugs me

If you like PC gaming you should change your opinion, and here is why... There are pretty much 2 big players in PC first, and console second methods, Valve and Epic (UT engine), and tons of small players. Then there are the EAs and activisions out there that make games for consoles, then port them to PC, with no graphical improvements except higher resolution. The problem with that, is it does not press technology for any advances, so windows 7 has directx11 and everyone would still be playing DX9 games. So you end up with games made for PS3 and XB360 which have 7800gt and x1800 respectively, which are now 5yr old video cards. Valve has even been milking the source engine for a while and its time for a core overhaul in the next few years (its 6yrs old), but its a great modular engine that can run on a 5yr old gaming pc (just turn down the detail), or current pc very well, you can turn L4D2 down to original CS:S levels of graphics, or tack on the HDR, and all the other stuff, eventually the bloat will get to them though, and they will need to integrate all that into the core.

The real innovator on games is currently PC, we get hardware refreshes every year, not every 5, this way there is always new tech, but if games don't take advantage of that tech, then whats the point of even innovating, just keep rehashing the old code, and never have any improvement. High end games press the high end hardware, then the tech trickles down the the mid/low end after a few months. Without (2005) Source, (2007) CryEngine 2/Crysis, (2010) 4A Engine/metro 2033, we would all be still playing on CZ or early source level graphics, then the hardware companies would not be pressed to make faster video cards, it would cause a huge crash of the industry. Where there is a demand for tech, they will supply it. So if PC gaming fell out of favor and all we had was console ports, then instead of a doubling of PC graphics power every 2 years, it would be more like every 5.

Valve does it right (IMO), make high end games, then cut them back for console, while EA makes high end console games, then ports them to PC with little/no engine improvements, and poor coding. Crysis was made to push the high end computers of mid 2007, so people with ridiculous computers could actually have a game that uses their tech, yeah, it took twin 8800Ultras (about $500 each) back then but now $900 gaming computer with a 5770 ($150 card) can play crysis fine, which is about right. Hardware to push the new games, new games to push the hardware, its a nice balance. This is awesome for me, since I picked up crysis on a steam sale for $5, and don't have to spend 3k on a computer to play it, my sub 2k computer 2 years ago can play it great.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:40 am 
1337 Hooker

^^Your right in a sense but PC gaming is going downhill because people dont want to keep upgrading there pcs.

I prefer valves source engine idea because it ment people from all computer ends could enjoy there games.

Whilst crysis just puts people off and now is going to consoles too which is stupid but still EA is not that bad the amount of games devs atm is so low that its great a big player like them is still trying with the PC and make a few good ports such as Bad company 2 compared to Activations poor Codmw2 (no dedicated servers wtf?)

What I'm saying is you think like a traditional L33T gamer and those days are over the PC games market needs to change somehow before consoles kill it.

(you know your my skinny rockin english brother right reaper?)

bob wrote:
I'm picking up my toys and going home.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:18 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Reaper wrote:
^^Your right in a sense but PC gaming is going downhill because people dont want to keep upgrading there pcs.

If you are a PC gamer you need to be prepared to buy a $800 computer every 4-5 years. Just like buying a new PS or XBOX for $400 every 5yrs, and then 10 games = $1000.

And you don't have to play those games ON THE HIGHEST SETTINGS, they work fine turned down, its the ABILITY of the game to press your computer that is needed. Its not like crysis wont run on a 5yr old gaming computer, like a Athlon X2 4800 with 7800gt, it will run fine on it, on medium settings, and still be higher res and graphics than a console.

I DO agree that there is a push for better looking games that don't focus on gameplay, but honestly that is because everything has been done, over and over again. Hardware is about to make another huge leap next year with the 22nm process from TSCM, which is almost a halfnode of the 40nm, so videocards will have 2x the power of what they are right now, next year. Same goes for processors, Intel has half-ramped their 32nm tech over the 45, and AMD has perfected their 45nm chips (their 6 core chip runs cooler and faster than their 4 core chip, and they use the exact same 45nm tech) and will be pushing 28 and 22nm chips with bobcat/bulldozer next year (which may be my next computer once its a mature tech late 2011). None of this would happen if everyone was "ok" with their current computers, during the Pentium 4 days we expected a doubling of power every 3-4yrs, now that is happening half that, which is awesome. Especially since I could spend $700 right now and have a 6 core computer, USB3, SATA6, 8gb DDR3 1600, and a new video card and literally have a computer 15x the power of mine 6yrs ago when HL2 came out (processor 3.4ghz P4 to 4ghz AMDX6, and videocard from 7800gt to HD5770).

The only thing that is going to kill PC gaming is using outdated tech (consoles) as a "good enough" device, stagnating innovation, and we all know innovation drives technology, and just like 30 years ago, tech changes year to year, the game has not changed, if anything the game has change PRO PC gaming, when I grew up we all had nintendo, super nintendo, N64, PS, etc, no one gamed on a computer but handfull of people, PC gaming was around, but it was games like Doom that they played, and wasnt until online play that the industry really boomed in the later 90s to today.

The real harm of PC gaming is ignorance of buyers who buy a 500 dell and expect it to game, but it has no video card, and a lack of good quality hardware, that isnt "leet gaming PC" priced. You can buy a computer for $2000, or one for $1000 that is 3/4 the power of the one that is 2x as expensive, or a $500pc that is literally 10% the gaming power of the $1000 one, there is a lack of companies making good yet cheap gaming PCs, maybe that will change soon :wink: