Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:58 pm 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

thank you for showing your useless knowledge.

i now will forget that.

bob wrote:
Sorry,

my brother called you a retard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:34 am 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

Ah, but Chris, I never once said I was for the corporation(s). Does the government not build/maintain our highways? Why? Because this is what keeps America running. So, would it not make sense to utilize the new system which would, in essence and principle, make us much more efficient?(Sure, these cars aren't necessarily faster or safer than before, but there are other reasons>) Think. Pollution down automatically, which is big, but could be considered a nice side treat. Costs for fuel dive. Economic help? I would hope so. Helps America more than it helps GWB's pocket? I'd hope so again.

It makes a lot of sense, in my eyes. But, as you've pointed out Chris, I'm naive. Not gonna lie to myself. Being naive, I think all of those things above are enough to at least think on. Sure, we can face immediate threats, too. But would it hurt to help out at home a little, too?

And while we're on that subject, who would like to talk about/inform me about our withering infrastructure across the US regarding highways, bridges, and other goverment inspected/handled/funded projects and dealings?

It's kinda like fight club. First rule about recruitment, don't talk about recruitment. 2nd rule is do NOT talk about recruitment.

Reaper wrote:
PAIL 2 DA MAX!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:02 am 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

I'm unfortunately not educated enough on the subject to hold a solid banter w/ you about our current infrastructures, but i will re-ask my previous question.

Why should the government be held responsible to promote/provide something that the private sector is CLEARLY capable of doing?

Thats what the corporate sector is for. There should be a movement for the advancement of these vehicles from within, not from the US Government.

Just because we are the richest country in the world doesnt mean that we have to carry the world on our back. Thats why people hate us now. They think we should do something about it, but when we do, its not the right thing and we're fucked, trying to do something else, but now they are bitching about us to their friends, and blah. Its a shitty mess.

bob wrote:
Sorry,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:07 am 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

Btw, your not naive; your a VERY well informed person at your age. When i was 18 i was EVEN MORE ignorant than i am now. I surely didn't give a shit about the current state of the world.

bob wrote:
Sorry,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:10 pm 

Thank you Chris. I appreciate that.

I suppose you're right. It's probable that the private sector can do it.

Here's a question that is related/not-related to our previous topic. The government is trying to create cold fusion to create boundless amounts of energy for the U.S. Government endeavor. Yet, why do they do it? Why not a corporation or corporations? And if they tried it out, would you be against them for doing it and say that the government shouldn't have to lift a finger for THAT?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking you. On the contrary, I'm trying to get some deeper conceptions on things. That's really why I keep asking things. It seems like I'm "arguing", and maybe I am, but it's how I go about learning, more than anything. And contrary to popular belief, I DO listen. It just takes a while for it to sink in, but it will. =)

It's kinda like fight club. First rule about recruitment, don't talk about recruitment. 2nd rule is do NOT talk about recruitment.

Reaper wrote:
PAIL 2 DA MAX!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:15 pm 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

i'm not sure, i would assume that they have been pursuing cold fusion for some time.

on a completely speculative notion, i would assume that it would be for militaristic needs.

thats the only conclusion i can come to.

bob wrote:
Sorry,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:56 pm 
1337 Hooker

what fun.

For starters, I'll play devils advocate on chris's question. For one thing, stability. As you can see, gas prices are getting higher and higher, with no sign of stopping. This causes(or could cause, meh) An extreme problem, especially in dense population. also, not only will this solve our problems, but around the world other countries are cutting back on pollutants, while we, when ask, probably said something along the lines of"shut up, frenchy. gimme some fries"(lol) Gaining allies is something we really need to do. Now , giving the gov. all the power over this is bad though. they need not control that, only head way it. Fro m another perspective, we could use this to pay off our debts, which could fill the damn indian ocean...

and about the whole french thing in the revolution. thy really did make modern democacy(we kinda nabbed that idea up quick though, before the could try their hand at a revolt) as well as donated troops(IIRC) and helped train our boys. But today's French government is no longer what it was. It's a society so based on safety that they have lost most of their free buisness and things and give overly high amouints to the unemployed, and have other goofy laws in place. So really, they are less and less using the same system as we are, but still in a general name they are close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:15 pm 

Cold fusion would primarily be used to create energy. I(and others) see very few practical uses militarily starting off.

Also, Awesome X has a point.(Which was proving my points, right? I couldn't tell what you were aiming for Awesome...) I do agree that they should only head way it. You're right. But I think that's what I've been trying to say, despite my failings at being thorough and clear...

Reaper wrote:
PAIL 2 DA MAX!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:34 pm 
of the Four Horsemen.
of the Four Horsemen.

Why?

Ha, that's an easy question. Money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:21 am 
OmG H4x !!!111one!!eleventyone!

thank god!!!! haha jk be safe and good kinda :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:35 pm 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

i dont understand how you dont see how the military would be able to use it. ANYTHING that would create an immense amount of power from a small device would be beneficial to them.

also, we were passed by china in the "carbon footprint bullshit" last year.

so, we're not the biggest assholes in the world anymore.

the funny part is though, is that more of our population has more vehicles than they.

hmm...

ok, just got off the plane, if that doesnt make sense. sorry, ill clean it up later.

bob wrote:
Sorry,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:50 pm 

Yeah. They would use just about anything they could get their hands on, huh? But I just don't see it being any bigger of a deal for them than it is with anything else they use. Unlike all of their wonderful(sarcasm) missile inventions.

What is this "carbon footprint bullshit" you speak of?

Reaper wrote:
PAIL 2 DA MAX!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:57 pm 
of the Four Horsemen.
of the Four Horsemen.

The average American owns a car. If it were like that in China - there would be no more oil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:02 am 
OmG H4x !!!111one!!eleventyone!

lol if an average american... If you were talking about stephen colbert(cause he loves america)- would have like 50

Why, are you offering? :lol:

Rofl X2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:03 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Display wrote:
The average American owns a car. If it were like that in China - there would be no more oil.

Not really, most of the fossil fuels that are burnt are not burnt by cars, its actually a small %. Plastic is made from oil, more oil goes into making plastic that running the worlds cars. And the pollution is the carbon footprint stuff, and its all the pollution that comes from their factories.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next