Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:47 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

DorkyLicious wrote:
does anyone else suck at 1.6, besides me?... :(

Most of my irl friends make fun of me for playing Condition Zero, because they think it's so easy because of "screwed up hitboxes" - I've never noticed this and I find it a little harder than 1.6 honestly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:26 pm 
OmG H4x !!!111one!!eleventyone!

new server. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:21 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

FYI Chris and I are going to be installing the new hardware this weekend. I hope vman can give me a huge hand in this.

I will spearhead the CZ server first, this is how it is going to go down:

Phase 1) Put up the test CZ server (an exact replica of the pub from about 4 months ago), test pings, cpu usage, bandwidth etc. (this should take me a few days at most).

Phase 2) I will overhaul the pub, on the test server, so it will NOT affect the splak pub, this includes all new AMX version, upgrade all the plugins: map chooser, team attack program (atac), etc etc. Then I will hopefully be done with all my map work, can strip all the bad maps out of cycle and then if the pings and everything are good, Splak will move over to this pub, if the pings are bad, then I will continue paying for the pub and I will simply copy all the files from the updated test server to the pub, upgrading the pub!

Phase 3) This will be going on WHILE I am doing my phase 2, I will let vman, storm, whoever I trust with this job, to start installing servers (1.6, cz cal rotation, cs:source, cs:source custom/nippermaps, tf2, dod:source gun game) whatever they want. We will be doing this 1 at a time to see how the computer handles it, and so I can monitor bandwith, like 1 server a month or so. If we hit a cpu or memory limit, and have plenty of bandwith, and everything is going awesome, I will cough up the money and build a cheap stripped down quad core server rig (like $400-500).

That is alot of work for us to do, so I really hope we can get this done, I think we are in the perfect position to expand the clan to other games, I also think we should ALWAYS keep splak's strict recruitment guidelines, but we need to expand our clan (not huge or anything, but would like to get some more good quality people, and this whole project will help keep our current members interested, I see this as a necessity).

All that being said, I am super busy, race season just started back, this past month I had to get my bike all built back up since my wreck, bike was 100% this past weekend, but it rained on us so I only got to do some slow rain laps, was still happy with the bike though. I also have a new chick, so that is taking up some time too. Sorry I have not been around a bunch, but I have not forgotten about the clan been working hard on splak, and plan on splak being better than it every was, after this expansion!

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:28 am 
The British One
The British One

That is awesome. Looking foward to helping you (if needs be) and seeing the servers up running.

May take time, but will be worth it. I'm also glad that were going to be keeping the strict rec. guidelines, will be much better for the clan.

Oh, and congrats on the new girl :wink: :lol:

[Recruitment Moderator and Co-Recruiter]
Got any questions? PM me and i'll try and help.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:04 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

That is great news Cole, Gl with all the racing and "your chick" *wink*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:31 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

Excited. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:58 pm 
Splakking Spree

can u add these costs to the donations post? ima donate as soon as i get sum cash. but i feel bad having u pay all this and i still havent donated yet >.>

btw get ur girl into cz lawl

Last edited by bassplayinimrod on Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:58 pm 
Hung Like Chuck Norris

you take her to bed yet? lol jk, i hope racing goes well for you, and i'm so PUMPED for this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:09 pm 
of the Four Horsemen.
of the Four Horsemen.

Where will this server be? MS I assume? Also what kind of specs will the server be running on; would we be able to expect a high server tickrate? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:13 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Display wrote:
Where will this server be? MS I assume? Also what kind of specs will the server be running on; would we be able to expect a high server tickrate? :)

MS is correct, it is on a 10mb fiber line with 100mb "burst-able" meaning that its a 100mb shared line, say like 10 per client, and if no one is using it, we get 100, but if 2 are using we get 50, etc. Speedtest average in the 15-20mb up and down range. It is a windows xp box so the tickrate will be lower than the current pub (the current pub is a beast, its in the 400 range, with a server fps of around 380), this server is more limited since its an xp machine, 66 is the standard, but doing the windows media exploit it bumps it to the 150-200 range (all you have to do is have a media player open and it puts XP into a different mode, it works, already tested it.)

The hardware is somewhat embarrassing, but is acceptable for a cs server, already tested it from my house and with 30 bots, plus me and vman we hit 8-12% cpu usage (bots use more cpu than humans by far), so 8-12 32slot servers are very much possible, will just have to see how it scales.

It is my old POS rig, AMD athlon xp 2800 (thats 2.08 overclocked to 2.25) with 1.5gb of ram, hard drive is a 150gb 10k rpm raptor (so we are pimp there). Like I said before though, if ping is stellar and all that is holding us back is hardware, I will throw together a quad core phenom2 box or something for like 400 and be done with that. The only thing I am worried about is ping.

There is also the possibility that this server will have huge ping spikes with the hospital transfers files (obviously my server takes a back seat to the hospital operations), if this is the case, and it is a regular happening, then we will have all the other servers going, but the pub will still be ran from my pay server (the current one).

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:00 pm 
1337 Hooker

1+1=2 :Po

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:19 am 
Splakking Spree

Getcha Pull Cole! Gratz on the gettin a chica, and on the server as well. Hope everything goes well. :twisted:

ColeLT1 - Wyatt talked like that before it was cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:04 pm 
Chuck Norris' Nuts (All 5 Of Them)

Oh snap. You got a new girlfriend!!

I can't wait to play!! I miss you guys!~!!!

<3Sexi_Lexi<3 wrote:
She is officially a member of the Itty bitty titty committee.

"Who controls the present controls the past. And, who controls the past controls the future" - George Orwell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:30 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

Protip: I'm his new gf.

Looking forward to this though, especially the source one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:06 pm 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

Change of plans.

The place we are installing the server at requested that I come out and do maintenance on Thursday instead of tomorrow. :(

bob wrote:
Sorry,

my brother called you a retard.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next