Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Splak server section
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:33 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

I created a new section where I am going to have a forum dedicated for our individual servers, it will make more sense where I am headed with this once I am done. It will be used to show members what servers we currently have running, and whenever any maintenance, mods, changes are made, and who is in charge of that server.

Hopefully we can create more servers and a modding community that supports more members creating their own personal servers. I will be working on it in my spare time, for the next week or two, then will post on here again to try to get some active participation in it.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post subject: Re: Splak server section
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:58 pm 
1337 Hooker

Active participation? How so?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:43 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Wraith wrote:
Active participation? How so?

This is actually going to be a big project for me, but will take a lot of time. We are going to use it like a knowledge base. So that it (each server) has its own subforum, so that the head admin of that server can use it as a data storage area, attachments, downloads, whatever. Plus they can post updates, server down time, new mods, upgrades etc. And also if someone wants to run a similar server they can use it for help, for info on setting up their own server, or even a player can pass a server on to another player, for example, ghost gets tired of his server, but is still popular, he can pass it on to another player.

Right now I have no clue who is in charge of most of the servers (most were abandoned), this will be an organized way for people to keep up with their stuff, and for new people to join in with their own server and mod it. I am going to somehow merge this section with our "games" section too.

Edit: merged it with the games section, there will be new sections/subforums/etc all added to the new "Games and Servers" section, I will be happy to take suggestions, but I have a design that I am going to try out first.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:00 pm 
The British One
The British One

It's a cool idea, I like it.

For the head admin of the server, will it be any member of Splak, or will it be an admin who has access to all of the servers so Admins still have the say at the end of the day and can control those who join the server or forums for that section?

[Recruitment Moderator and Co-Recruiter]
Got any questions? PM me and i'll try and help.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:52 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

$torm wrote:
It's a cool idea, I like it.

For the head admin of the server, will it be any member of Splak, or will it be an admin who has access to all of the servers so Admins still have the say at the end of the day and can control those who join the server or forums for that section?

I would like for whoever (can be multiple people) has access to the FTP to be in charge of the section. Like when they add new maps, etc. If all of it is well documented, and every time they make a change they document it, then someone else can take over the server easily. I will also give me the ability to see what servers have been abandoned, so we can make room for more popular ones, etc.

I know at this moment in time, its not like each server is going to be as kept up with as our CZ server was over the years, but these sections are there for the fact that if a server does become popular we can have a section for just those players to expand their game and section. I do plan on expanding each section for whatever game I am playing, and would like to offer that privilege to any member.