Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Operation: Resurrection!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:14 am 
The British One
The British One

Hey Everyone!

So, I've decided that we really need to get Splak back up and running to it's full potential somehow once more! I love our community, and I've been since 2007, whereas many other admins and members have been here longer than me by years.

I'd hate to see our community slowly fade away after doing so well, it would be a disappointment moment for most members I believe, so I'm hoping we can discuss possible solutions on bringing it back from the dead. If you could please answer these or input questions we should be able to work something out.

Quote:
What games are you currently playing and could recommend for multiplay?
What games would you like everyone to play once more?
What would you like to see on the forums?
Would a few weekly TeamSpeak events interest you?

Please pick a variant of games - remember some people may not be interested in one particular game you're interested in. If you think you have more questions which could be added to the list, please comment below and I will add it to the list.

I've also thought it would be a good idea, that if we do another game's night/event, along with making a Steam Event to notify everyone, us forum admin who have access to the correct areas could possible send a mass-email to everyone to notify of the times, dates, what games, and what we might end up doing, then an hour before the event happening send another mass-email out.

With Mass-emailing, it might gain interest of people who have previously signed up to our forums, whether they are inactive-Clan Members or regulars.

Also playing CSCZ few months back when I had the time after college and on weekends, I bumped into an old regular for VMAN's JailBreak Server, which asked if we would ever be bringing it back as it would bring back a lot of players again as he said there weren't many good ones around now. He said that he missed playing with us.

So please, let's getting Operation Resurrection going, and bring back Splak with all it's might! ;)

[Recruitment Moderator and Co-Recruiter]
Got any questions? PM me and i'll try and help.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:14 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

I think a lot of the members play LoL, and I see some people still play TF2 and since its free, maybe we can do that?

| SHOOP DA WHOOOOP!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:14 pm 
of the Four Horsemen.
of the Four Horsemen.

I just downloaded LoL last night. My summoner name is Ayahausce - add me! Also claimed a free week of WoW, if anyone is interested making a new fresh character from scratch I'm down and willing to play again. Not much TF2 lately for me.
LoL, or a friend in WoW
People that play the same game in common, lol
I suppose, I usually like to listen to music while I play so I don't like to disturb people having to hear me over it but I'd join up for a event or LoL match or something

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:35 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

I would say the easiest thing to do if you want to play a game is to hop in teamspeak and ask what everyone is up to. This is what I do, even if I play a single player game (currently playing KOTOR) I still like to socialize and see whats going on with my friends.

Edit: not trying to undermine the post here. If this topic brings any player into a game, that they enjoy, with people they like, then that's the goal of splak. I was just saying that if anyone wants to join us, please do, this is the best way I have found with the current climate of splak. That being said, any attempt to "restart" splak up to a recruiting level community will take serious work, since our base is so fragmented I doubt there ever will be a game that draws all of the active members in. That being said, where I see splak continuing, is the way it always has, we are a group of friends, who also bring in their friends, we have always been small and I like it that way. I would never want to be in a group where I don't know each member.

I the way I see splak ever having a population explosion like in the CZ days, is to provide an enjoyable experience to outside players, and the ones that fit our style can join. This may happen, it may not, but that has been the only weakness in splak, we play other games but make no attempt to "setup shop" in that game, members move to a game, make friends, have a good time, but never once try to recruit or setup a splak clan/guild/whatever for that game that they play for years :/

I enjoy games nights, getting everyone in a game to play for a bit, but they are difficult to set up and can be a let-down when only 5 people show up. If we want a resurrection of splak, we would have to start up a clan/guild in a popular/new game, with a nice server, populate it, and run it right... and who has time for that (ha).

If it makes anyone else feel any better, I forever will use splak as my community, it was started so me and my friends could play games how we wanted to and setup a place for people like us to have a good time. And any new game that comes out that has the potential of using splak as a hub for increasing our numbers (with quality people), I will jump on that and try my best. In 10 years, if you see me online, I still will be rocking the splak tag.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:49 pm 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

ColeLT1 wrote:
I would say the easiest thing to do if you want to play a game is to hop in teamspeak and ask what everyone is up to. This is what I do, even if I play a single player game (currently playing KOTOR) I still like to socialize and see whats going on with my friends.

This is true for me as well.

bob wrote:
Sorry,

my brother called you a retard.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:45 pm 
The British One
The British One

I completely understand where you're coming, and I apologise if I was out of place on my original post.

The reason I brought this resurrection up in the first place, was that it started to seem like everyone was slowly becoming inactive - me possibly one of them, and I also apologise for that. The reason I liked the forums how it was a few years back was due to the fact, me being a European and coming from the UK, it's not as-easy to come on TeamSpeak or in-game due to either restrictions for the game policies, or that the times I possibly come on might be the times you (Americans/Canadians) are currently working, or are infact sleeping. Back in the days, I used to stay up to early mornings, around 4am with Scott (Reaper) mostly as players and members started joining around 12am, and having since left college and gaining the full time employment it's not as easy.

I've came on TeamSpeak a numerous of times, but unfortunately, either no one is on or if they're, they tend to say one word whilst i'm there in the channel for however long.

I see where you say we're a group of friends that play together, and I completely agree - Since being here in 2007, I've improved in many ways, just because of the way everyone is, and what they do for you. I like that we are a small group, and I will always appreciate it, along with always wearing the Splak tag, I still use the tag in any game that I currently play.

I wish I could try and restart Splak up to a recruiting level, but like you may have said, it would only be possible if everyone worked together, but at the end of the day if everyone is happy on how Splak is currently standing, and is happy on how we're talking and gaming with each other I guess re-trying wouldn't be needed - As someone has once said before "Why fix something that doesn't need to be fixed?"

Once again, I apologise if I was out of place and everyone is in fact happy about how we currently are in our close-knit group. I will definitely try again on coming on to teamspeak when possible; Most likely weekends will be my time.

Thank you for your opinion Cole.

[Recruitment Moderator and Co-Recruiter]
Got any questions? PM me and i'll try and help.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:18 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Not out of line at all. And I understand how it sucks for ya with the time differences. Get a game together and I will be there.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:05 pm 
1337 Hooker

I don't have to much time to get on any games anymore. If I play counter strike I usually only play for thirty minutes then continue on with my day. Lately work has taken up a lot of time for me. I've been pulled off of normal duties and conduct investigations now. I have authority over my own section and because of that, am on call 24/7; girlfriend on top of that makes just about a jam-packed day. I do however like/love all of you guys <- also including the "fifth appendage," challenged.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:10 am 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

Same here honestly, I'm LOADED daily between hanging out with friends, girlfriend, work, and don't even start with school. I'm double full time at community college trying to be out of there by end of this year.

Edit: As Auto said, I do love most of you, miss playing with you guys, but it's not going to be a part of my life for awhile to come. As for games being played, I play LoL but stopped and I'm like level 29 in it, maybe play one game a week with friends, and that being all.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:04 am 
Hung Like Chuck Norris

LoL, always being updated, and really fun

LoLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

i think it's fine just the way it is imo

eh, i don't mind, but if there's something like a rap battle, i'll listen, but i won't join in or anything lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:44 am 
1337 Hooker

So how is this going? lol

(you know your my skinny rockin english brother right reaper?)

bob wrote:
I'm picking up my toys and going home.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:55 pm 
OmG H4x !!!111one!!eleventyone!

Team Speak?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:13 pm 
1337 Hooker

skyrim?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:55 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

skyrimjob?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:59 pm 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

ColeLT1 wrote:
skyrimjob?

bob wrote:
Sorry,

my brother called you a retard.