Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:35 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

So a few years back I got into bitcoin mining, bough some ASIC miners (2x1.1TH bitcranes) and ran them for about half a year then sold them what ended up being around 6 months before the blockchain difficulty increased past my hardware, making them worthless. Then I spent that money on computer parts and didn't hold the coins... yeah.

Then I started mining alternative coins and that's going pretty well. The best part is your hardware is never really worthless, you can mine a variety of coins on your current hardware, or throw in a 1080ti and have it pay for itself in 6 months. The video card is all that matters, so you can run on older hardware at no penalty. Then if you decide to get out, you can ebay the card for almost what you paid for it, or just game on it.

Current (nicehash) setup is:
3x1080ti mining rig (with a riser kit and an additional PSU I can run up to 7 card on this)
1x1080ti in the "server"
1x1080ti in my main PC

I earn about $100-125 a week.

So who else is doing this? If anyone has any questions ask, or come in TS and discuss.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:15 pm 
Hung Like Chuck Norris

i've considered mining, i got into ethereum when it was sitting around 90 (sold around ~300) and had around 2.5 bitcoins when it was 200-300 (traded it for my roids fml), but didn't have much money to play with. Brian and I have seriously considered getting into mining, what altcoins are you doing currently? I really want to get into mining and i have a few questions on it (tbh haven't done that much research on it as i'm currently saving).

1. what program do you personally use to mine?

2. how do you get access to your coins as you mine?

3. How is your electric bill before/after getting into this?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:52 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

cursed sasuke wrote:

1. what program do you personally use to mine?

2. how do you get access to your coins as you mine?

3. How is your electric bill before/after getting into this?

Nicehash
Paid in bitcoin weekly
Much better than my bitcoin days. 1080ti = 275watt, about $20/month per card max, AMD cards use more power currently.

So nicehash is a program that downloads all the algorithms your card can run, benchmarks each one for your card and gets a bitcoin/day #, the highest is what will run. As the prices of coins change, nichhash will stop mining X coin and switch to Y. So you are selling those coins you mine directly to bitcon and those collect in a nicehash wallet. Once you meet a minimum it pays out on a schedule, like $40+ gets paid weekly. Come talk to me in teamspeak about the details sometime.

Yes you can directly mine one coin, but nicehash by far is more profitable, I make 2x-3x what I would make vs mining ETH to a wallet. They also have one of the lowest cut/pool fees out there.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:40 pm 
The British One
The British One

I've always heard about it, and always had some interest in it, but could never understand how it even worked. Does it just rely on the graphics card? What's it actually doing? What's the purpose of 'mining'?

[Recruitment Moderator and Co-Recruiter]
Got any questions? PM me and i'll try and help.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:47 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Yes, runs on the video cards, in super simple terms: it is pretty much guessing numbers, once it hits a correct number you get paid.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:51 am 
Some kid.
Some kid.

I'm assuming you got the 1080TI's before the GPU shortages? Such a bitch to find one in stock, let alone at a decent price these days

Nice to see the forums are still up. Hope everyone is doing well

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:55 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Yep, got 5 1080ti's for $700-720 each, and 4 RX VEGA 56's for $420 each (but had to send one back due to DOA).

Been trying to sell my VEGA cards, but nothing but Ebay scammers winning every time.

Vman, what are you up to these days?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:23 pm 
Some kid.
Some kid.

Nice. I graduated from college last year with a degree in business/information systems. I minored in computer science. I did a few internships and right now I'm just looking for something full time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:13 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

I would offer you a job if I had an opening!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:29 pm 
The British One
The British One

VMAN's alive? It's good to see you're doing well mate - always wondered where you disappeared too!

IF you're on Facebook, look the group up! .:Splak Gaming Clan

Matt.

[Recruitment Moderator and Co-Recruiter]
Got any questions? PM me and i'll try and help.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:41 pm 
1337 Hooker

Glad to see you're all doing well fellas!