Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:24 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

The unmodded server is running and updated, but our 9v9 is currently down, I will update this post when it is fixed. Right now if I start the server it just crashes out, going to have to test it and figure out what mod is the issue.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:41 am 
aw man that sucks lol 9v9 on realism versus is going to be so insane no glow on items and people the infected are going to have a party with that lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:58 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Gho$T wrote:
aw man that sucks lol 9v9 on realism versus is going to be so insane no glow on items and people the infected are going to have a party with that lol

Im actually more excited about 9v9 Chainsaw massacre (with no FF). I am working on it right now, but the bad news is it was not a simple fix. I removed EVERY plugin and it still crashed, so it is either metamod, sourcemod, or a plugin, but some of the plugins like l4ddowntown (allows >8 players) actually have you replace some core L4D2 files, I bet that is the issue, so now I am copying the standard server, and installing metamod, then testing, then adding 1 mod at a time, starting the server every time until I find the faulty one.... hopefully I will find it quick.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:06 am 
oh oh oh yes i forgot about the chainsaw one next week that is going to be the best thing to happen to l4d2 since they have pretty much fucked everything else up so these new game modes every week are going to be quite awesome

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:12 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

I have tracked down the issue, by installing meta/sourcemod on a fresh server, without a doubt its sourcemod/metamod, which means we now play the waiting game, but for the time being I am installing the beta-snapshot of meta 1.81 on our servers, it may or may not work:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=124963

FYI The unmodded server is still up and running.

Edit: I have installed both the snapshots for metamod and source mod, the server is up and running (not constantly rebooting) but may not actually work correctly.

Edit2: Tested the server, it stays running but I cannot join it, so I shut it back down, we will bring it back up when they fix the issue.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:29 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

AHhh Thanks for all the hard work on the server Cole best of luck on getting the server back up , and can anyone tell me where they're seeing all the new updates and whats going to happen >______________> (Yes I did try google)

| SHOOP DA WHOOOOP!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:34 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

wonderbread2 wrote:
can anyone tell me where they're seeing all the new updates and whats going to happen >______________> (Yes I did try google)

Not following what you mean by that, your game auto-updates when you are in steam (with no game running), and you can check your past updates by right clicking l4d2, properties, updates tab, view update history.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:37 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Fixed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:07 pm 
woohoo thanks :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:50 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

There have been so many updates that things continually are fixed then broken again. I have not tested it quite yet, but I have updated every plugin with updated ones. The gun/ammo plugin now sets a 50% chance that the M60 will appear on the other campaigns (in place of the nade launcher), also the m60 now has 250 bullets (150 default), but for now I do not think you can re-fill it at an ammo dump, but you still can re-fill the nade launcher.

I will be playing this weekend and should have all the bugs worked out if there are any.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:02 pm 
whoa O.O i never knew you could refill nade on your server lol so much for me paying attention XD but awesome job man it much be a pain in the butt for you to keep up with valve but it will be worth it when all these mutations come out oh man i cant even wait lol they just sound soooo good