Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:27 am 
OmG H4x !!!111one!!eleventyone!

So I was thinking of ways to revive the Splak community and thought that maybe we could have a League of Legends tournament in a few months.

I thought of a couple ideas and rules for it so far, but I'd like to know if anyone is interested and if so, do y'all have any ideas for it?

I figured we could have Solo matches (1v1), Duos, then teams of four and five.
The ways to win could be like a typical tournament, with a random drawing to pair up the teams/players for the first round, then the winner advances to the second round.
(like this)
There would be a referee (spectator) for the matches who would report who won the match (so there is no dispute).

Non splak members are welcome to play, as long as there are at least 3 Splak members in a 4v4 or 5v5 and 1 member for 2v2. A non-member cannot play in a 1v1. A recruit can play in any game and is not counted as a non-member.

For 1v1 and 2v2, the players would be on the twisted treeline. The rules are to stick to the lanes and take each other's bases (like a normal win). All players must have the same amount of runes and masteries. Therefore, if a level 30 is going up against a level 27, the level 30 player must remove three mastery points and runes from his build. In a 1v1, both players start at bottom. At a 2v2, one player must go per lane. After level six, the players can jungle.

In the team battles, any level can compete without having to change masteries or runes. The map will be Summoner's Rift. No rules for laning, jungling, etc. Anything goes. I haven't checked to see if custom games can be draft pick, but if so, these games will be done in the ranked game style of draft pick. First nexus down loses.

For both of these style games, there can be no surrender. Intentional feeding or sitting AFK at base is considered a surrender. The referee will give a warning in TS if a summoner seems to be doing a passive surrender, and if the player does not alter the gameplay, the referee can call a passive surrender. If a summoner chooses to surrender, then they will forfeit the match, be disqualified from any other matches they were included in (ie. if someone was in the 1v1 tournament as well as on a 4v4 team), and the winner will automatically be advanced two tiers in the tournament tree. That means that if this was a first tier match, then the winner will not have to compete in the second round and will resume with the winners advanced to the third round. If a team loses a member from a surrender, then the team can choose a new member as long as it is not a member of any team they could possibly appose.

Also, for all tournaments, each member playing MUST be in teamspeak at the time of the game. So that means any non-splak members must download and have the TS information before the match begins. The opposing teams MUST be in separate channels, and any person who switches to an opposing channel will be immediately disqualified under the same terms as a surrender.

If any player disconnects, the both teams must sit passive for at least five minutes to see if the player returns. The teams can still fight against minions to protect turrets or bases, but if any team kills another or pushes to the opposing turret/base then that team is disqualified, but this does not have the same penalties as a surrender. Players CAN jungle at this time, but they cannot get baron or dragon. If two players meet in the jungle, they cannot attack each other, though they can both hit the jungle minion to try to get the kill. If the AFK player does not return in 5 minutes, their team is forfeit and the game is over. The team with the missing player must surrender to speed up the end of the game. Again, this is only a disqualification, not counted as a surrender.

In the final games for all tournament rounds, the standard rules apply with a few exceptions. No one can be allowed to recall before level 6. This means they can also not run back to base. A player can flee into the jungle or return to a turret closer to base to regain health, but they CANNOT recall until they either hit six or die. If a player dies before level six, they CAN buy before returning to lane.

So.. Those are my ideas! It's a lot, and quite strict, so feel free to point out anything that seems too harsh. Mostly these rules are to mix up the normal gameplay of LoL and add a little extra tension to make it seem worth the while :) Add anything you think that needs to be added, removed, or edited! Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:09 am 
Hung Like Chuck Norris

i like this idea, but i think anyone should be able to participate with no restrictions (more people the merrier imo)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:07 am 

Anyone can, but I don't think it'd be fair to have a whole team of non-Splakkers. That's why there is the number restriction.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:20 am 
Hung Like Chuck Norris

why wouldn't it be fair?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:28 am 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

Sounds like a great idea, but i am not sure about the 1v1 because some champions scale different early and midgame and it will just be a one sided match. Matches of different teams of 5v5 sounds fun though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:00 pm 
1337 Hooker

do we have enough for a tourny of 5v5 though... thsi sounds cool though cause i will rape everyone. the no-recall till level 6 rule sounds iffy though... if it's part of the game why shouldnt we be able to

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:15 pm 

1v1 and 2v2? How would that even work? You need at least 3v3 so the full map is utilized and the team has to work together to push the lanes. Also, I agree with Element that no recall is silly, and same for all other rules. Just play the game as is except with 2 less people.
Lastly, since I had two negatives to your idea, I think it would be awesome if someone would get all of our LoL screen names and randomize then into 3v3 teams, and post a schedule a week in advance of the matches.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:10 pm 

cursed sasuke wrote:
why wouldn't it be fair?

Well I think I used the wrong words there. I just wanted to try to make sure that a splak member participated in every game, but if y'all think we should allow any number of other people to play, I don't mind. In fact, that would probably be a great recruitment strategy :P

Lucky Aura wrote:
Sounds like a great idea, but i am not sure about the 1v1 because some champions scale different early and midgame and it will just be a one sided match. Matches of different teams of 5v5 sounds fun though.

True, the 1v1 may not work as well, but mostly it's so people can try to fight to be the best player, not just the best team. Only an idea.

Element wrote:
do we have enough for a tourny of 5v5 though... thsi sounds cool though cause i will rape everyone. the no-recall till level 6 rule sounds iffy though... if it's part of the game why shouldnt we be able to

That's why I was thinking we could include non-splakkers to bump up the number of teams, but that's also why there could be teams of four to try to bump up the number of teams if we can't actually add more people. 3v3 would probably be better than 5v5 as far as teams go. Also, the level 6 rule is just to mix things up a bit. I was trying to make this more like a tournament with our own rules and less of what the game was intended for, but if a lot of people decide they'd rather play with the classic style, that's fine too.

ballinsk8r4lyf wrote:
1v1 and 2v2? How would that even work? You need at least 3v3 so the full map is utilized and the team has to work together to push the lanes. Also, I agree with Element that no recall is silly, and same for all other rules. Just play the game as is except with 2 less people.
Lastly, since I had two negatives to your idea, I think it would be awesome if someone would get all of our LoL screen names and randomize then into 3v3 teams, and post a schedule a week in advance of the matches.

1v1 and 2v2 would be more based on the players than the normal gameplay, kinda like the "No recall before lvl 6" rule. It's just to mix it up a bit and make the players more focused on themselves than on how they learned to play the game by the normal match rules. Again, people might want to simply play the traditional way. This was only to add a twist. I know that I'm at least getting a little bored of having to play the same way every game, so I wanted to change it up to make it more interesting by playing by our own rules.

Also, that's a great idea about randomized 3v3 teams! It would mix things up and make players be with people they might not have thought to play with before.

And I do have one possible addition. How about an All Random All Mid mini-tournament? Randomize teams of 3,4, or 5 (whichever y'all think we'd have the most teams from) and play with everyone selecting random and going mid for the whole game? Also, the premise of ARAM is to remove the standard gameplay to come up with your own rules and methods to win a game. That's why I added the rules to the tournament.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:43 pm 
Chuck Norris' Beard

I'm up for 5v5s

"He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic..."

After I'm gone your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:46 pm 

I <3 All Random All Mid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:12 pm 

How about, since this is our first tournament event, we just do an ARAM 3v3 tournament? Also using the randomized drawing to make the teams?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:49 pm 
of the Four Horsemen.
of the Four Horsemen.

I'm a bit confused on everything but I'd be down for a LoL tourney