Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:59 pm 
Hung Like Chuck Norris

<3Sexi_Lexi<3 wrote:
I'm disappointed w/ some members now too.
just a heads-up (if i'm also in this category!) i stuck up for pajamas when he said the N word cuz he signed up for recruit. the day he first pubbed with us, but kody could probably not have known that it was a rule, cuz i honestly don't remember if it was a rule or not back then and things change, but i see no reason to lash out to chunky, he is only trying for make the pub a nicer environment to everyone to play in, you've HALF my vote, kody

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:04 pm 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

ok Kody I'm not a member as well and I think you're too cocky to talk to ppl that way. Whether you care or not, this doesnt seem to be my opinion only. You need to do some growing up, act less selfish and learn to accept criticism. If it was a slip-up like lexi said you need to grow some **lls and apologize for it, not make excuses.

Way to be #2 Ace! Didnt expect that from you either. If you want to support your friends dont make them think they did nothing wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:15 pm 
of the Four Horsemen.
of the Four Horsemen.

He is not "another" pubber. He is someone who has already proved himself in the past, not only to make Skeet, but also Splak. Even as a resigned member, he was still very active in Splak. I have known him longer than 80% of the people that have posted in this thread, and my opinion of him has not changed ever since, and obviously has influenced and become friends already with many members of the clan, so please leave the "well if he was someone else..." bullshit somewhere else.

We are not a family or some Christian clan. We just don't allow offensive remarks and attitudes, because they ruin the gameplay for everyone. One foul word, one racial slur is not welcomed, but it is there is no strict rule against it. It's the fucking INTERNET, we are not here to be perfect humans. On the other hand, repeated racism and offensive commentary is a different story.

Keep reading.

If there is ever a problem you have with someone, do not attack them directly on the forums infront of the entire community. You're intentions may not be it, but you are embarrassing and hurting them whilst you could have sent a PM instead (this is not applicable if it is something very serious; ie. Hacking). This goes to real life as well, if you ever have a problem with someone - pull them aside and speak to them solo. You will save yourself from another enemy, and get the problem solved quicker and more efficiently. If that person ignores you, and still is ignorant to his mistakes, then you have the green light.

I hope I shined a little light.

My mood can be sumed up by this music video, rawr:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-YUxbDEPFiMsome

Last edited by Display on Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:18 pm 
1337 Hooker

I'd like to take this time to quote some wise words.

Awesome X wrote:
EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:29 pm 
Hung Like Chuck Norris

Display wrote:
My mood can be sumed up by this music video, rawr:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-YUxbDEPFiMsome
The URL contained a malformed video ID

gjgjgjgj :Po

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:11 pm 
Chuck Norris' Beard

Kody still has my vote. Slip ups happen. Although, please refrain from insulting chunky or others.

"He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic..."

After I'm gone your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:11 pm 
Chuck Norris' Nuts (All 5 Of Them)

its not bullshit, its our opinion.
don't see how were attacking him either, Just trying to give him good criticism. Its seems kinda messed up that people are saying "1000 thumbs up!!", even tho he said something that you can't/shouldn't say but people will give "0 thumbs up" when someone uses their mic a lot.

<3Sexi_Lexi<3 wrote:
She is officially a member of the Itty bitty titty committee.

"Who controls the present controls the past. And, who controls the past controls the future" - George Orwell

Last edited by {rIOT gIIIRL} Gigi on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:12 pm 

The only reason i'm replying is because I actually didn't know you were a previous member at all Kody and display you have to consider that a couple of us didnt know he was a member at all so it did seem iffy that it was cool for him but not for other pubbers to use a racial slur (even once esp. if it meant that you dislike the race that the term is used for), so to call it bullshit was uncalled for bc im not going to call your "i've known him 80% longer so ur opinion doesnt matter" post bullshit even if i don't agree with it. Well I'll leave this post alone, good luck Kody and have fun.

Last edited by <3Sexi_Lexi<3 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:28 pm 
Head Cheerleader

I'm confused.
If someone uses a racial slur of any sort, I believe that it should be handled appropriately. I've even seen other members complain because of pubbers using the "n-word" or some other slur, and ask for some sort of punishment.And it seems like this got a little out of control, an apology would have been enough to end this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:10 pm 

I've never seen someone banned on the spot/immediately for using a racial slur. I have ALWAYS seen them get a warning first. Those of you who are saying that people cry out for an immediate punishment for one time offenders, I don't know where you're getting that from. Maybe it's more recent, because I haven't been around a lot lately.

If people are crying out for an immediate ban on one time offenders, they need to be informed that there is ALWAYS a warning first, and THAT'S FAIR.

As for this situation with Kody; Mistakes happen. Even I've done it. Would you all call for my ban if I slipped once in anger? Most of you(who know me) know that I would apologize within the space of a second after.

Kody: Two thumbs up. I know you. We've played together before, and we've played against eachother before. Either way, you've been cool.

It's kinda like fight club. First rule about recruitment, don't talk about recruitment. 2nd rule is do NOT talk about recruitment.

Reaper wrote:
PAIL 2 DA MAX!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:59 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

damn that got way out of hand its a damn word. he said sorry thats good enough. don't have to bust his balls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:55 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

Say that to someone it actually offends, sorry wouldint cut it :lol:

can be cool at times.

~Haters are always going to be the same~
VMAN wrote:
coo coo

bassplayinimrod wrote:
cachoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:35 am 
Pwn Noobies, GG

Bleh.

Last edited by Solid Snake on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:30 am 
of the Four Horsemen.
of the Four Horsemen.

@Snake

/facepalm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:05 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

lawl.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next