Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:39 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

well I respect your opinion and encourage heated debates in discussions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:40 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

I dont think it should matter if they join a clan in a different version of the game.. If Splakk Does not Have a server in CS:S they should not care... there division is in CS:CZ <--- main focus for there clan.. dont kno why theres a problem with this but thats my opioin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:25 pm 
The British One
The British One

Why? because its pretty much the same game, just an updated version.

Yes, i'm going to quote myself;

$torm wrote:
visiting there website, its like a clan, they are "promoting" players who have the wD tag on to "members/admins" thus its a clan, not a community.

[Recruitment Moderator and Co-Recruiter]
Got any questions? PM me and i'll try and help.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:29 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

anyone can put the tag on its an actual feature on the server "!tagme"
Admins can only be bought and in special occasions can be awarded for a period of time if won in competitions etc. I still only believe its a community and not a clan. I thought of making a poll but that might be too heated....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:41 pm 
1337 Hooker

honestly, why do you people argue? it doesn't matter if it's a different game (even though i htink css is pretty much same), it's a rule in our clan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:47 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

We have people fighting on both sides neither the games being the same has been decided or weather the community I am in on CSS is a clan or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:52 pm 
Splakking Spree

well, grizzly isnt gonna care about w/e any of you say, because it is okay with cole, but i believe cole doesnt understand the whole picture. i think that it is against the rules, if u see it as a clan because it has a pub. but u can also see it as not a clan because its not organized like one. it seems like a little club. like it would be like ur waiting to get into a church or sumthing, but your also in a religious group at school. but grizzly. they aren't the same game, but we dont allow u to be in a clan in any other counter strike games. that is the rule as it always has been. other wise, boomer could have stayed, and cursed could have stayed with the scrim team. those are our rules whether or not it makes sense to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:55 pm 
Hung Like Chuck Norris

cmon....the answer is right in front of you, wD. IS a clan! idk how to explain it even more, it has a pub, sure it has a !tagme command, but we don't want you wearing another tag when it has another server, in my opinion, i could care less if you were active on their forums, i just don't like the wearing the tag when they have a server bit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:55 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

I waiting for the one word Cole has to say either "yes" or "no" and I'll be completely satisfied with what he says.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:29 pm 
The British One
The British One

Just saying again but from reading this:

Quote:
Anyone can have a wD tag on, representing that you are a regular community player. However, there will be some new tags added. The order of tags, from lowest rank to highest would be wD, wDs (standing for wD Soldiers) and lastly wDe (standing for wD Elites). So right now, anyone can wear the wD tag, but if Xzero or I feel you are really trying to help the community, you will be promoted.

That makes me think its a clan.

[Recruitment Moderator and Co-Recruiter]
Got any questions? PM me and i'll try and help.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:34 pm 
Splakking Spree

alright yea, i agree with storm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:03 pm 
Some kid.
Some kid.

Grizzly you're a really cool person man. But the way we have Splak setup is basically you can not wear two "clan" tags.

I don't know if Cole still believes this, but I remember him saying that "If they have a public server in the Half-Life engine, and a tag, then we consider it a clan. End of story."

Yes, I did see the PM, but like Bass said, I don't think Cole has seen the whole picture.

You can see an example of the above statement below:

Taken from all members section regarding boomer being with a scrim team:
ColeLT1 wrote:
Its up for the admins to decide, we normally do it on a case by case situation, but its normally a NO unless, you continue to only pub with us (as in, the other clan has no pub, and is just a scrim/match team).

I think you asked me if you could join a 1.6 clan to scrim right? Well i took it as scrim and be in 2 clans, not cal (match), because we sometimes allow this.

So yeah, If the team you joined has no pub, its fine by me, because I have never kicked a player out for doing something that we dont ever do anymore (CAL).

The final say is up to Cole, so for now stfu and quit arguing because I've been checking the forums and all I see is more arguing on this post.

Temporarily locked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:55 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Ok, this is my input, we do not have a Source server, but we do plan on having one really soon (as in the next 2 months), whenever Chris makes his way by the place to drop the server off at I can get to work on it (or vman).

So just think of it this way, if you want to get into splak/skeet you may want to keep out of clans in games that we are about to start hosting servers on, and it may hurt your recruitment even if we dont have a server in that game (I wear the splak tag in every game I play)

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:44 pm 
Splakking Spree

^ True, I see where everyone is comming from here. STFU I DUNNO HOW TO SPELL COMMING>....

Ya I always wear .:Splak|ACE @Cz in other games. I even have it on my gammertag for 360 live. Who knows maby Splak will go 360 one day? who is to say?

Anyways, Grizzly i serously would like to see you get into the clan. its very well known and a lot of people like us. If you truely want to get in you would drop it. I understand where you are comming from. I personally think that we should be able to tag up in other games. but it has been the rule for a long time. So what im getting at i s if you want to get into splak, dont tag up in any games like CSS and Cs1.6 just wait to see how it goes for getting in splak, then wear the tag proudly in every game. Trust me its WORTH it.

A lot of people have servers that used to be great clans. like ODD where MAV came form i beleive. but they break up. We are a strong clan and it is worth trying to get into.

You still have my vote bro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:40 pm 
Pwn Noobies, GG

Alright, Lock it Up (Yes, meaning I would like to have my recruitment post locked). Keep the bear in your hearts for later though...love you all.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next