Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Windows 7 Blue Screens
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:29 pm 
Chuck Norris' Beard

I been getting a bunch of bsod lately for some reason. I noticed it last night when I tried to plug in my mimo usb monitor which caused it to go into blue screen. I tried this many times and kept getting the same error. Noticing the pattern I stopped plugin in the monitor but I notice that every time I'm away from my computer it restarts by itself telling me it shutdown unexpectedly and the cause was blue screen. I don't know if it's power options or what but it has happened this morning when I took a nap with pandora on and it happened an hour ago with a flash video on pause while I went to get something to eat. Any suggestions on what to do? (I'm trying to avoid fresh reinstall as much as a can)

"He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic..."

After I'm gone your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:09 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Man, that can be anything, can you get a screenshot or copy the BSOD error, it could be a driver, or a hardware issue. You can test one memory stick at a time, you can also inspect for swolen caps, check psu voltage (in bios or with a multimeter), etc.

Talk to me on TS sometime, we can test some things.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:39 pm 
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG
Listen up DOUCHE-FAG

Are you looking to see what the dmp file is telling you the cause is?

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/ ... x86.mspx#a

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/ ... 64bit.mspx

There's a .dmp file reader in these developer tool kits. See if it will give you any insight to what the problem is.

bob wrote:
Sorry,

my brother called you a retard.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:32 pm 
Chuck Norris' Beard

I think it has to do with some power options or something because the error does not occur when the machine is being used. Only when I'm away from would the computer bluescreen.

"He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic..."

After I'm gone your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:32 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Start, power options, set it to never turn off the monitor or go to sleep?

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:58 pm 
Chuck Norris' Beard

Never put monitor to sleep and sleep on 2 hours of being idle

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:40 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Advanced power settings (stuff like hard drive power down, etc)