Splak.net

Home of .:Splak|
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: For Sale: My gaming rig
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:24 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

First up, nothing wrong with it, I just want to build another one :D It gets 60+fps in everything out including crysis maxed out, with vsync off BF3 got 70-150fps, all the source based games get 300+fps.

I7-950 @ 4.1ghz (turbo) @1.3v
EVGA x58 SLI
2x MSI HAWK GTX460 1GB in SLI VRM heatsinks added
3x2GB (6GB) Gskill PI DDR3-1600 7-8-7-24-2N 1.5v
Corsair Obsidian 800D w/all fans replaced
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD
2x Western Digital 640gb Black Edition in RAID0
DVD RW
Zalman MFC1 Plus-B Black 6 Channel Fan Controller
Razer Barracuda AC-1 Gaming Audio Card
Corsair TX 950watt Power Supply
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Office 2010 Pro plus
Petra'sTech DDC-COMBODDCT-01s Top Combo Pump Laing DDC-3.2 (18W)
Swiftech MCR320-QP Quiet Power radiator
Swiftech MCRES-Micro Hi-Flo Reservoir
Tygon 3603 Tubing
Danger Den compression fittings
DTEK Fusion waterblock

$1,600

Pics here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1241&p=87190#p87190

This is just a feeler to see if anyone is interested.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:48 pm 
Head Cheerleader

If I had the money I'd definitely grab the board cpu and ram.

What headphones do you use btw?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:08 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Sennheiser HD 280 PRO
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6826106328

The CPU will do 4.3ghz, on 1.4v, but puts out like double the heat as 1.3v (I think stock is 1.25v), so that's why I backed it off to 4.1, more practical. Without a doubt it will do 4.1 with a medium priced ($40ish) air cooler and run the same temps as stock clocked with the stock cooler. I have the stock cooler, and will include it with the board/cpu/ram, but I would not run it that fast with the intel cooler.

I bought a SATA 6 SSD (vertex3) on black Friday and my board only does SATA3, so it's re-install windows, or build a new pc and get double speed hard drive :P If I sold my board/ram/cpu for 350, I would spend $550ish and get a I7-2700k setup and OC to 4.5ghz (not a huge jump, but again, I would be doing it for the new board to match my SSD).

In the end, I added everything up and it would cost me about $200 total (over the 2000) to rebuild, so I'm not making any money on this deal. If no one buys it, I am going to wait until May, then Chris said he would buy my cards and I will put the board/cpu/ram on ebay (or build a cheap pc for someone locally with those parts in it) and build a ivybridge I7 and 28nm vid card when they come out.

blah thats nothing, i built houses for pirates, then do pirating myself. Then I shoot my self and perform bullet removal surgery on myself. After that I go to boot camps to train kids to kill. Then i go and fight on the Iraq war for both sides. After all i go later and drink some 7up cause ill be thirsty as shit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:42 am 
OMFG STEAM ROXORS TEH BIG ONE111

1. Those specs are ridiculous.
2. If I had the money, I would.
3. Good luck with selling it, and keep us updated with the new build!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:16 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Thanks, I seriously doubt I sell it. I'm just putting it out there in case anyone is looking for a high end rig (that competes with a $4,000 alienware). I, without a doubt, am selling my vid cards / cpu / ram / board this summer though, but I will re-use the rest of the parts.

The only thing that sucks is I will have to get a new waterblock (cpu cooler) since mine won't be compatible with the next chip, and if I do that, I have to change my hoses, fluids, etc, then throw away a $60 cooler and buy a new one. That's why I want to sell it as a package deal, plus I actually enjoy building it. I have a full week off Christmas and wouldn't mind something to do :P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:30 pm 

If the monitor was a widescreen i'll definitely buy it. Just got my new computer up and running, however using a crap 19" monitor. If anyone knows of someone with a decent 27"+ willing to sell please let me know. =]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:12 pm 
Head Cheerleader

Lucky Aura wrote:
If the monitor was a widescreen i'll definitely buy it.

I'm pretty sure that Cole's is widescreen its 1920 by 1200 res.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:01 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Nevermind wrote:
Lucky Aura wrote:
If the monitor was a widescreen i'll definitely buy it.

I'm pretty sure that Cole's is widescreen its 1920 by 1200 res.

Yeah its 1200p widescreen 16:10.

There are 3 "common" ratios for monitors:
4:3 - what your old CRT box monitor (and early LCD)
16:10 - Widescreen LCD
16:9 - HDTV ratio

16:9 is (IMO) awful for games (on larger monitors), its super wide, but very little vertical, I used to run a one, sold it to get this monitor that is for sale, both the one I have for sale, and my (now using) Dell Ultrasharp (IPS screen) 24" are 1920x1200.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1366879

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:21 am 

In all honesty, if I had the money I would buy it in a heartbeat. But my money is tied in to stocks =( Also, that monitor is beast, why would you sell it? I would grab the monitor, but it would be useless with my 9800GT.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:10 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

ballinsk8r4lyf wrote:
In all honesty, if I had the money I would buy it in a heartbeat. But my money is tied in to stocks =( Also, that monitor is beast, why would you sell it? I would grab the monitor, but it would be useless with my 9800GT.

Because I got this monitor for free:
dell 2408wfp,
http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... CGEQ8wIwAg
It had a broken power switch on it, they were going to toss it out. Easy fix.

Its the same resolution, a little smaller but better panel type (TN vs IPS).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:20 pm 
Chuck Norris' Beard

hmmm,I'm still debating whether get your parts or just wait to spring like you told me lol

"He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt, it was really quite hypnotic..."

After I'm gone your Earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:30 am 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

- Replaced the 96GB SSD with a 120GB Vertex 3 (pretty much the fastest drive made currently)
- Lowered total price to $1800 w/monitor ($1,600 without).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:23 pm 
1337 Hooker

I thought it was already 1800, lol? I needs my money for buy toys for the Zombie Apocalypse. Man throw in an extra 1000 and I could get me a FNH Scar.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:32 pm 
Mega Chuck Norris
Mega Chuck Norris

Wraith wrote:
I thought it was already 1800, lol? I needs my money for buy toys for the Zombie Apocalypse. Man throw in an extra 1000 and I could get me a FNH Scar.

I had it for $1995 (1800 with no monitor). So now its 1800 w/monitor (1,600 without). I will edit my above post accordingly.

If I don't sell it as is, I'm gutting it, selling the cpu/board/ram/video cards, and putting in a 3rd gen Core I5/7, and a GTX660/680. But that also means I have to get a new water block, since mine won't be compatible. So I would rather sell it as-is and have someone get a great deal, and get it all setup and tweaked, rather than sell off parts... then spend about 2200 and build another.

Plus Claire's PC has been sitting at my house for a few months, so I figure I can just game on hers as I build my new one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:39 pm 
1337 Hooker

Sounds good Homie. It's too bad I don't have as much time as I used to (damn woman and work *shakes fist*) otherwise I'd snatch it. Nope, a laptop is good for me right now. It helps me keep my nose where it belongs.